Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow... that's a pretty good double-whammy!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
30grams over the original stiffer also.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by axle182
Well im happier than a pig in sh^t lol. 05 arrived last night, and finished installing everything ready for practice tonight. Will keep u posted on how it handles. Ive seen a few setups on here, but figured id try it with an 04 setup i liked and work from there. Ill be swapping out the upper screws with either titanium or aluminium blue Love the car so far, and yes its quiet!

That's a good amount of blue and graphite you got there...
What class are you running it in? You guys have a brushless class?
I see you already got the ring around your diff outdrives. Nice job.
No anti-sway bars?
Good luck. Don't loose track of your car, it being so quiet and all...
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Update on the double deck graphite chassis set from Xenon Racing, we were informed that we are about 2 weeks away, so we will be setting up a pre-order real soon on our website. The first batch is only about 20 kits, so I highly suggest those that are interested to keep an eye out for updates on our site

Steve Wang
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
the function over form is an interesting conversation.

my 05 with the square lower bulkheads, see attached. should provide a solid base for converting this car into a mod car. now, if i could only get one of those graphite chassis
MD: How much heavier is the Square lower bulkheads compare to the stock plastic bulkhead?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
MD: How much heavier is the Square lower bulkheads compare to the stock plastic bulkhead?
OG-

I did not get a chance to weigh before installation. I was hoping to offset any gain with the graphite kit from Speedtech.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MYXTYPLYX
That's a good amount of blue and graphite you got there...
What class are you running it in? You guys have a brushless class?
I see you already got the ring around your diff outdrives. Nice job.
No anti-sway bars?
Good luck. Don't loose track of your car, it being so quiet and all...
Hmm should have seen the problem with the anti-sway bars... its the only thing i havent got which i need for tuning. The car handled surprisingly well, it was fairly neutral, altho sometimes a bit of over steer. But seriously needed sway bars. on the tight and twisty bits, the body roll was so bad it was dragging near the underside of the motor. You could tell too, was in a nice run through a corner then would either four wheel drift to the outside, or understeer like crazy. sway bars would have solved that. Problem is id like to try softer springs. Without sway bars, softer springs would have made it worse.

Ive also got a centre one way, so may try that, although id expect it to not help on carpet and foams. Theres a million things ill be changing on it, and when im happy with it, ill post up my setup for carpet foam. As i didnt build the chassis (bought it built but not ran) ill go over all the hinge points and see if i can make this car really fly. I think in stock form, it should be darn good, so in with the GTX and Epic tonight

Oh and has other people with mod setups found the belts skip? I tightened mine quite significantly, seemed to stop the problem, but id say you would need a spare set of belts on call. Aramids here i come.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Center pulley bushing hard to find ("S" Parts Tree). I'll have to wait for the hop up one. When do you think the hop up one will be out?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

It's been a while since I've had a competition type Tamiya, but are the other models having or have they had problems with parts like this? Seems like you have to go hunting for stock spares. And the car has been out for several months.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
It's been a while since I've had a competition type Tamiya, but are the other models having or have they had problems with parts like this? Seems like you have to go hunting for stock spares. And the car has been out for several months.
It has not really been out for long in North America (or Europe). As of October, it has only been out for about 3 months. Depending on your local hobby shop, some stores that I have bought from would open up a box and estimate a price for a tree and sell you the parts on a tree basis if you really wanted the part. But really, I have to ask, why do you need that particular part? I do not see how you could have damaged it. What happened?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Japanese shops expect to get the new hopups by the end of November..
Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Japanese shops expect to get the new hopups by the end of November..
Thats the word their giving me also.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok, let's talk shimming... I rebuilt my diffs last night after the first few runs, and there is definite play in there. The suspension arms are also pretty floppy. So, I did some searching through this thread and found the following:

Two 0.3 x 10mm for each diff, one on each side between the bearing and the diff, or maybe one 0.3 x 10mm and one 0.4 x 1.0mm on each diff

two 0.3 x 10mm on either side of the center pulley

one 2mm in front of the bulkhead, two 3mm and one 1mm behind the bulkhead on front suspension pivot axles

three 3mm in front of the bulkhead on rear suspension pivot axles

Sound about right? Anything else that could/should be shimmed?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldn't even bother shimming the diff pulleys to be honest.....
Old 10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I like to have a basic spare parts bin. It shouldn't be difficult to get basic things like carriers, hubs, arms...but since I've had the car...these have been a little scarce.

Yes, 3 months...I think that's enough time to get the stock kit replacement parts out and to shops. Maybe it's because in the last month or so that this kits popularity has risen? I would just like to be able to buy a $5 set of spare (stock) diff halves instead of almost $20 set of hop up ones.
Originally Posted by MobileIT
It has not really been out for long in North America (or Europe). As of October, it has only been out for about 3 months. Depending on your local hobby shop, some stores that I have bought from would open up a box and estimate a price for a tree and sell you the parts on a tree basis if you really wanted the part. But really, I have to ask, why do you need that particular part? I do not see how you could have damaged it. What happened?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, at least it's not like the Evo III/TB-02 diff halves, 42 bucks (CDN) for a single set of hopped-up diffs with rings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.