Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldfartWal
@ edhchoe-- I'm in Brisbane Australia, so by the time I paid for the shipping from you, it wouldn't work out much cheaper than buying the new R1 Pro, I know you're keen to sell but I have to look at 'bang for buck'.

@MJ-- I've got an order coming from TQ in the States, interesting to see how long it takes to arrive, the next order I make, I'll try direct from SpecR online shop.
I got an old 10.5 you can have Wal, pm me next time you are heading to the track and I will drop it down for you.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

I have my new chassis coming from RCMart. It should be here in the next couple of days, it then gets wrapped and put under the tree for XMas. I will have to alternate between it and the Xbox One during the day
Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

@ edhchoe-- I'm in Brisbane Australia, so by the time I paid for the shipping from you, it wouldn't work out much cheaper than buying the new R1 Pro, I know you're keen to sell but I have to ...
I have shipped a roller to Spain and it cost $25. It can't be much more than that. the total will be less than half of buying a new spec r r1 for $310.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
I have my new chassis coming from RCMart. It should be here in the next couple of days, it then gets wrapped and put under the tree for XMas. I will have to alternate between it and the Xbox One during the day
I remember spending my 16th Christmas building an RC12L3. My family all thought I was mad but I loved it!

RCMart have the R1 Pro Spec to $239. Really tempted at that price despite the fact I haven't even run my S1 yet!

Finally got around to painting the shell last night. I just need to cut it out and mount it and it'll be ready to race on Friday.

Can't wait.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
I got an old 10.5 you can have Wal, pm me next time you are heading to the track and I will drop it down for you.
Thanks mate, I have a 13.5T & new motor mount coming.

Once I've gotten used to driving again & I find the 21.5 is too slow, I'll fit the 13.5 in this chassis, if I buy a second then my current car (with the 13.5) will be the carpet car & I'll get another chassis for a 10.5T to run outdoor.

I'm stepping into unfamiliar territory here, my 3 workmates all run nitro TC, I used to run the same in the late 80's, early 90's at the old Crossroads Hotel track in Sydney, had nothing to do with electric until I bought this car from Sydney a few weeks ago.

I'm just doing it for a bit of fun, I may not turn up to every meet, I'm not going to be buying every spare under the sun, but I didn't want to go out there using a cheap asian 'toy' car. I will be sticking with the 'kermit' green bodies, though I may go a little bit more 'casual', i.e I'm looking at a XB Falcon coupe body when the current M6 body finally dies.

I am planning on being at the track on Friday night, all going well.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

I won't be there this Friday. Still have a car in bits. I am off racing until the new year, once I have the new chassis up ans running.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

I've bitten the bullet, a new R1 Pro is on the way from TQ, the 13.5 motor arrived today , once the chassis is here then I'll start getting the other stuff, servo, speedie, 2nd controller with receiver, I'm banking that the electronic timing won't go indoors straight away so I can swap my transponder over.

It won't be ready to go, but hopefully I'll have the chassis built for the Jan meet.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Order arrived today. Now it is wrapped and under the tree. 8 days to go
Old 12-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
One thing I've noticed though is that the sway bars don't seem too do much. I've never used them before but I believed that lifting one wheel would cause the other to rise. Mine doesn't seem to do anything.
Maybe I'm a little bit late on this, but I've never understood that line of reasoning, though I've seen some guys infer from that, that sway bars made no difference, and they just got rid of them. I find this absurd. Why should the sway bar lift the other side ? It merely has to make the other side "lighter", to have any effect. There's no need to witness an actual movement. Especially if you leave the wheels on, you're going to have to go to a pretty thick bar before you notice any upwards movement of one wheel if you lift the other. Not saying there's nothing wrong with yours, so many things can go wrong when installing a bar. I'm just saying one of the premises of your argument is wrong.

Arguably noticing some degree of movement makes it much easier to adjust the symmetry of the bar, of course.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by heretic
Maybe I'm a little bit late on this, but I've never understood that line of reasoning, though I've seen some guys infer from that, that sway bars made no difference, and they just got rid of them. I find this absurd. Why should the sway bar lift the other side ? It merely has to make the other side "lighter", to have any effect. There's no need to witness an actual movement. Especially if you leave the wheels on, you're going to have to go to a pretty thick bar before you notice any upwards movement of one wheel if you lift the other. Not saying there's nothing wrong with yours, so many things can go wrong when installing a bar. I'm just saying one of the premises of your argument is wrong.

Arguably noticing some degree of movement makes it much easier to adjust the symmetry of the bar, of course.
If installed right and they take the shocks off, lifting one side WILL lift the other side. But you can't SEE this effect with the shocks on.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
If installed right and they take the shocks off, lifting one side WILL lift the other side. But you can't SEE this effect with the shocks on.
With wheels on, probably not. You definitely have to take off both shocks and wheels. And make sure there's no bind in the suspension.

-Mike
Old 12-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

OldfartWal. What controller are you using?
you shouldn't need a second controller, just a receiver that you can bind to. I would say that Jeff will have timing installed on the carpet track so all you will need is a second holder for your transponder and just switch between cars. I need to get a transponder as I dont want to put a hole in my new body once I get it.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
OldfartWal. What controller are you using?
you shouldn't need a second controller, just a receiver that you can bind to. I would say that Jeff will have timing installed on the carpet track so all you will need is a second holder for your transponder and just switch between cars. I need to get a transponder as I dont want to put a hole in my new body once I get it.
I'm using a Futuba 3PL 2.4g, yeah I know I can just fit a second receiver & program the controller to work both cars, BUT, I'd just be happier to just buy a 4PL for the 2nd car, it's only a few $100, that means I'd always have a spare controller at the track. The same goes with the transponder, they're only $140 so I'd rather just have one on each car rather than changing it over & risking damaging it.

Spoke to Jeff this afternoon about the chances of becoming a SpecR dealer, not very positive, but I must say, it took a little over 2 weeks to get my spares from TQ, I'll stick with that.

Got a full battery worth of practice in this afternoon, I can lap the TC track only backing off twice with the 21.5T, please try not to run me over on Friday night, I will have to get the 13.5T fitted before the January meeting.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

The more people we have bugging Jeff about taking on parts support for SpecR the more likely it is that he will get bits in. I think he already gets parts for other cars that are SpecR made. Just nothing for the S1 or R1
Old 12-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Spoke to Jeff this afternoon about the chances of becoming a SpecR dealer, not very positive, but I must say, it took a little over 2 weeks to get my spares from TQ, I'll stick with that.
Yeah that will never happen. To do so would be an investment of 5K + in parts that 3 of us use, hardly sound business practices. Just buy direct from Spec-R, even on their slow postage it only takes 7 days max for parts to arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.