Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Thank you for the pic. That could possibly interfere with the dowel pin chassis stop I'm using. I would have to press the dowel to no taller then the thin 2mm chassis, or risk a unhappy customer that is running an older servo. Hmmmm ...there are people really using those even though they hang off the chassis that far? I better move the holes.
Here is the other thing too. Due to the position of the stock servo mount holes and chassis space many of us shoo glue the servo down a few mm foward of the factory holes
Old 10-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I took out my futaba 9550 and put in the larger Airtronics 94360

Something is different about these 2 chassis!

The chassis I have has the servo mount hole closer to the edge of the chassis like the pic I posted above. The pic you posted you can clearly see the servo mount hole has been moved closer to the center of the chassis. Look closely and you can see the difference from edge of chassis to edge of servo mount.

I dont have to nail the center of those holes since the servo is independent mount side to side, so it wont tweak chassis, just makes me wonder what other mount differences there are.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
You can always loosen your front droop screws a touch. That will transfer more weight to the rear of the car on power.

How much rear toe are you running???

-Korey
Im running 2.5 toe in rear . How do you adjust the toe in the rear???

But if i put a bit more front droop wouldnt it decrease on power steering ?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The picture from above with the www.teamorion.com on it to me looks wrong. The servo posts are meant to be mounted upright not lieing flat.

Although what is a Cyclone tweak / setup plate? Doesnt have hole on the front for the bumper either?

**EDIT** Actually my mistake must have been thinking of servo mounts for another car, or the aluminium ones....

Last edited by mangoman; 10-05-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Im running 2.5 toe in rear . How do you adjust the toe in the rear???

But if i put a bit more front droop wouldnt it decrease on power steering ?
you need Aluminum Pivot Blocks for the rear to adjust rear toe.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGNY6&P=Z
Old 10-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
The picture from above with the www.teamorion.com on it to me looks wrong. The servo posts are meant to be mounted upright not lieing flat.

Although what is a Cyclone tweak / setup plate? Doesnt have hole on the front for the bumper either?

Looks like the optional holes I added should accommodate everyone.

Here is what the setup plate will look similar to, this is the TC5 version.

Off to build.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/associated_tc5.html
Old 10-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

verndog
for the plate did you also find that the TCspec chassis plate is wider then the regular cyclone?
i measured mine at
moorespeed 4.222"
TC spec 4.292"
also the servo mounts on the TC spec are about .106" further forward all other holes line up nicely

i took some pictures send me your email adres and i will show you.
it is just the centre (widest part) that has a difference the front and rear parts are equal again.
i think you can solve the difference by two sets of dowels one with overlap one straight set perhaps?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thats pretty cool verndog
Old 10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Thank you for the pic. That could possibly interfere with the dowel pin chassis stop I'm using. I would have to press the dowel to no taller then the thin 2mm chassis, or risk a unhappy customer that is running an older servo. Hmmmm ...there are people really using those even though they hang off the chassis that far? I better move the holes.
I'm only running this servo for a quick 2nd as I'm getting rid of all my futaba crap and going back to all KO stuff. Even though it's big there are still some guys running the larger servo's.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mangoman

My mounts have always been laid down. If you look at my pic of the servo mounted in the car the servo would be hanging way off the side if I were to use a standing mount.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, 2nd week of running USVTA with my cyclone, and my second broken diff bolt. First week was the rear diff, and the bolt snapped off right at the head of the bolt. This week, the front diff, and it broke off in the T nut. Is this a known weakness? How do I fix it? I can't keep breaking diff bolts one a week. I mean, really, its a 21.5 motor, I can't be overpowering the diff bolts. Already ordered 2 of the TiNi coated diff bolts from Stormer, I hope they are stronger.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I'm only running this servo for a quick 2nd as I'm getting rid of all my futaba crap and going back to all KO stuff. Even though it's big there are still some guys running the larger servo's.
Futaba crap? LOL What happened?

I love my futaba servos. But I have to agree I love my KO servos for sure!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Well, 2nd week of running USVTA with my cyclone, and my second broken diff bolt. First week was the rear diff, and the bolt snapped off right at the head of the bolt. This week, the front diff, and it broke off in the T nut. Is this a known weakness? How do I fix it? I can't keep breaking diff bolts one a week. I mean, really, its a 21.5 motor, I can't be overpowering the diff bolts. Already ordered 2 of the TiNi coated diff bolts from Stormer, I hope they are stronger.
Yes the cyclone diff bolt is a known weekness. A good fix is to go with the larger screw from associated or switch to the new pro spec diff. A large problem is your diffs are probably set too tight. Also switch to a spool in the front running usvta the car will run better
Old 10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Futaba crap? LOL What happened?

I love my futaba servos. But I have to agree I love my KO servos for sure!

Didn't really care for the feel of the 3PK but hey I'll live....but it was their terrible and inconsistent customer service that made me walk away from ALL of their porducts. I'll fill you in at the track sometime. It's been more than twice for me.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Didn't really care for the feel of the 3PK but hey I'll live....but it was their terrible and inconsistent customer service that made me walk away from ALL of their porducts. I'll fill you in at the track sometime. It's been more than twice for me.
That stinks. I was well taken care of when i sent my servo in. Took a whole 4 days, to ship it there, fix it, and get it back. All for free.

Cyclone still treating you well? Lol you go through alot of cars!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.