Early September So very soon
Sweet
Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Oh yeah...some lucky cyclone owner is gonna get all these spares
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=STLNLST;4787608]Rear end locked is my way of saying to make sure the rear isn't loose or fish tailing in the corners due to lack of traction. I had to guess what to do in the low traction conditions that you stated. When you say your car pushes...is that on power or off power? If the 8mm works for you...don't worry about what I like. You go set TQ I may try that myself just to see how it feels. How did the car feel with the droop that way?[/QUOTE/]

my car pushes with on power . i dont think that it lacks of grip because i changed to the carbon midle deck instead of the aluminium heatsink , and i do prefer the carbon deck over the aluminium one.
For the droop that you told me , it had more off power steering but a litle less on power steering . my track is medium speed track low grip so i would need abit of both abit more on power steering.but my main probleme is just after the straight ive got to slow down to have enough steering .just after the straight there is a c shap corner and when i go full speed my car understeer and ... bang i hit the barier.
last question when the pros they write 5mm droop on there setup sheet . does it mean 5mm over ride height or does it mean 5mm on the droop gauge

thank you
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo

Oh yeah...some lucky cyclone owner is gonna get all these spares
no spare upper deck ?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default POM Outdrives

Does the POM outdrives fit the Solid Axle ver.3?

And how can the POM outdrives fit into the 2 way diff (one-way/spool)? Coz the shape of the original steel 2 Way diff drives are completely different from that of the POM outdrives.

POM Outdrives: http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?partNo=67731&lang=en

2 Way Diff: http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=67714

Thank you!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=cyclone speed;4788347]
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Rear end locked is my way of saying to make sure the rear isn't loose or fish tailing in the corners due to lack of traction. I had to guess what to do in the low traction conditions that you stated. When you say your car pushes...is that on power or off power? If the 8mm works for you...don't worry about what I like. You go set TQ I may try that myself just to see how it feels. How did the car feel with the droop that way?[/QUOTE/]

my car pushes with on power . i dont think that it lacks of grip because i changed to the carbon midle deck instead of the aluminium heatsink , and i do prefer the carbon deck over the aluminium one.
For the droop that you told me , it had more off power steering but a litle less on power steering . my track is medium speed track low grip so i would need abit of both abit more on power steering.but my main probleme is just after the straight ive got to slow down to have enough steering .just after the straight there is a c shap corner and when i go full speed my car understeer and ... bang i hit the barier.
last question when the pros they write 5mm droop on there setup sheet . does it mean 5mm over ride height or does it mean 5mm on the droop gauge

thank you
To pick up a little more on power steering you could always lay your front shocks down. This will help some but from what you're describing I would work on entering the the "C" corner a little better. If you're pushing to the point to where you hit the wall then you're on the throtle too long. How are other driver's entering that same part of the track? Do they go full punched or do they slow down some? I would think that 5mm of droop is on the gauge but you never know what they are going off of. Sometimes they will state on their set up sheet if droop is measured over ride height.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default hello to all

Got a couple of questions.I have an original black Cyclone.Going to start upgrading.So far...I'm looking at the worlds shock towers(61090/1 F/R).I see the 67702 chassis and 67703 top deck listed at HB( just saw that these are the TC parts.Will they fit?Is the 70728 WC chassis an improvement over the original chassis?).Is this combo a good upgrade?Same chassis but with the battery trays or different than original?One more...The 44mm bones,why would I need them? I do remember seeing posts about them but with about 4,0000 posts..Anything else you guys could recommend? OH...going to be running rubber on carpet...maybe foam.Then using it for rubber on asphalt next summer.Thanks for any help.Mario.

Last edited by lotus1; 08-30-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: misstake
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Default .........

One more Q...Might seem dumb but.....Are the MIP's really that much better than the original CVD's? Thanks,Mario.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=STLNLST;4788993]
Originally Posted by cyclone speed

To pick up a little more on power steering you could always lay your front shocks down. This will help some but from what you're describing I would work on entering the the "C" corner a little better. If you're pushing to the point to where you hit the wall then you're on the throtle too long. How are other driver's entering that same part of the track? Do they go full punched or do they slow down some? I would think that 5mm of droop is on the gauge but you never know what they are going off of. Sometimes they will state on their set up sheet if droop is measured over ride height.
hi i think that they do slow down but it doesnt look like they slow down . but i will ask them.last question how much over ride height will it give me with 5mm droop on the gauge.
Thank you alot for you help i appriciate your help
Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=cyclone speed;4789193]

hi i think that they do slow down but it doesnt look like they slow down . but i will ask them.last question how much over ride height will it give me with 5mm droop on the gauge.
Thank you alot for you help i appriciate your help
It's hard to say what it will give you over ride height. It really comes down to the tire's you run. Sorex tire's are taller than Jaco's and RP's Once you set the droop using the gauges....put your tire's on and then measure what it is over ride height.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

[QUOTE=STLNLST;4789214]
Originally Posted by cyclone speed

It's hard to say what it will give you over ride height. It really comes down to the tire's you run. Sorex tire's are taller than Jaco's and RP's Once you set the droop using the gauges....put your tire's on and then measure what it is over ride height.
ok guess my question is how you measure the droop over ride height?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=shadow102;4789223]

me , i take a ruler put the car on the setup board or flat surface , mesure the ride height with the ruler, i.e it shows 5mm ride height . Then you lift the car from its centerline ( in the midle of the shock tower, or anywear but from the midle of the car ) until both wheel just lift from the ground , then you look at your ruler and if it shows 8mm it means you have 3 mm droop over ride height.
Basically you do the steps above ( put the car on flat ground , mesure ride height , lift cat at centerline.....) and then you look at the number that is shown on the ruler when the wheels just lift from the ground , and what you do is this :
final number that is shown on the ruler when wheels just lift minest your ride height , this will give you the droop over ride height.
i.e if you have :
5mm ride height and 7mm as final number ( when the wheels just lift)you do : 7-5=2 you have 2 mm of over ride height

4.5 ride height and 8 mm as final number : 8-4.5=3.5 you have 3.5 mm droop over ride height
Hope that helps
Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
One more Q...Might seem dumb but.....Are the MIP's really that much better than the original CVD's? Thanks,Mario.
yes the world's CVD's are way better, lighter, more effecient, more lock to lock steering but barely. But the bestof all they look so much nicer
Old 08-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
yes the world's CVD's are way better, lighter, more effecient, more lock to lock steering but barely. But the bestof all they look so much nicer
Thanks.Guess I'll order the set.Big one tho....is the worlds chassis any different than the original one? Mario.

Last edited by lotus1; 08-30-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=shadow102;4789223]

If you take a look at Cyclone speed's post I do mine exactly the same except I use my ride height gauge rather than a ruler.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.