Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hi Guys

Just wondering if those of you that run the LRP Sphere TC in the Cyclone TC wouldnt mind showing me your placement etc, the way I currently have it placed look's way to exposed and in a crash I dont think it would survive.

Cheers
Adrian
Well I use the Nosram, but its the same speedo but different colour.
Cheers Malc
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-tc-clone-ebay-stuff-010.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-tc-clone-ebay-stuff-009.jpg  
Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'm going to hit the track tomorrow and try a few things. I've been doing a little testing with the hara springs as well to see how they feel in comparison to the normal linear springs we usually use.

-Korey
Hi Korey
How did you get on with the car, any more changes, ie Hara springs etc
Cheers Malc
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KHoff7
like blackedoutrevos mounting. it works great

where did get those nice black servo wires?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well......it's time for battle again but this time I have to go at it alone since Scotty is running nitro this weekend. I have never run this car at the track I am going to but I'm sure the set up will be fine. 13.5 is the class of choice once again so hopefully I can continue my stoke of good luck.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omoser
where did get those nice black servo wires?
I believe he colored them with sharpie from what I read.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Korey
How did you get on with the car, any more changes, ie Hara springs etc
Cheers Malc
Hara springs (red up front, purple in the back) so far have been producing more overall traction it seems than my pink/silver setup I've been running. The car feels more planted, but it didn't have as much rotation in a tighter turns, which is sort of the opposite of what I wanted.

I angled the front link a little bit more, and it seemed to make my low speed steering a little better, but it felt lazy transitioning at high speeds.

Sooo..... I'm still workin on it!!!! I think next time out I'm finally going to make the switch to lipo. So that will be interesting.

-Korey
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Clint,

I just wanted to ask you how the radio is working. If you have any problem, just let me know. I hope you are happy with it.

When do you come down to here for racing?

Later.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hi Clint,

I just wanted to ask you how the radio is working. If you have any problem, just let me know. I hope you are happy with it.

When do you come down to here for racing?

Later.

I will get to use it for the first time this weekend. I still have to install the fasst receiver into my car. I plan on doing evrything tonight or tomorrow. As far as coming down there my plans got changed. I thought I'd have a free weekend to come down but my son's football is taking up every weekend. I don't have any time to get away. I'll send Scotty in my place Any of those new arms going to make it out to Speedworld soon??????
Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Which upper bulkhead best ( Old Ver. or New Ver. )?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
The new one has more bracing. So I guess new one.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
i think you have to use the new lower bulkheads to in order to fit the new upperbulkheads...i heard some pages back that the peices are lower and higher than the older ones for some reason.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
i think you have to use the new lower bulkheads to in order to fit the new upperbulkheads...i heard some pages back that the peices are lower and higher than the older ones for some reason.
i'm is use old type,
because camber link longer so don't use new type !
Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The newer upper bulkheads will work on all the previous lower bulkheads. They are just braced more, and have fewer camber link mounting positions. The newer style upper bulkheads only have the two we ever use anyway, so it's totally fine.

Because of the extra bracing, the shock towers are mounted 2mm higher up to accomidate it. So we use the "lowered" shock towers to get the same overall height as the older upper bulkheads and WCE and previous shock towers.

If you wanted to use the older upper bulkheads they will lower the entire shock tower assembly by 2mm. This is a common setup for carpet racing with foam tires. It allows you to mount the body lower for that "slammed" look.

-Korey
Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

The newer upper bulkheads will work on all the previous lower bulkheads. They are just braced more, and have fewer camber link mounting positions. The newer style upper bulkheads only have the two we ever use anyway, so it's totally fine.

Because of the extra bracing, the shock towers are mounted 2mm higher up to accomidate it. So we use the "lowered" shock towers to get the same overall height as the older upper bulkheads and WCE and previous shock towers.

If you wanted to use the older upper bulkheads they will lower the entire shock tower assembly by 2mm. This is a common setup for carpet racing with foam tires. It allows you to mount the body lower for that "slammed" look.

-Korey
I'm know that,
how do you feel New upper bulkhead longer camber position .?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

-Korey

thank you so much!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.