Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

[QUOTE=B18C Turbo;4779601]just like shaun said, spool for high bite track, and if your track uses wood barriers, forget the spool, if you tap them once the car will explode.

Woa! I might try and fab up a slipper spool.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
any one have a TC, WCE OR Blue cyclone for sale?
sent ya a pm!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys,
i just want to say 2 things:
first : thanks to all of you that has helped me to setup my car because i went to practice today and is was great i just had understeer probleme but appart this all your help has been great .

seconde : as i said i had understeer probleme , and i was wondering if any of you could just tell me what could i do to decrease the understeer probleme .
Ive been told that by increasing droop will help but i just wanted your opinion.
thanks again
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
hi guys,
i just want to say 2 things:
first : thanks to all of you that has helped me to setup my car because i went to practice today and is was great i just had understeer probleme but appart this all your help has been great .

seconde : as i said i had understeer probleme , and i was wondering if any of you could just tell me what could i do to decrease the understeer probleme .
Ive been told that by increasing droop will help but i just wanted your opinion.
thanks again

droop should be the easiest and quickest change. Your best bet would be to play with the droop in the rear first. How do you measure your droop and what is it at front and rear currently???
Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

my current droop is 3mm rear and 2.5 front and just to say i had a spool
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

my current droop is 3mm rear and 2.5 front and just to say i had a spool
Try going to 3.5 or 4 in the rear. That will allow more weight to transfer to the front when you let off power giving you a little more steering. I tried this last weekend and it helped the car out a bunch. I started the day with 6mm up front and 6mm in the rear.....once I went to 5mm in the rear the car got better. I bet if I went to 4.5 it would have been 100% perfect rather than 98% I hope this helps you out some. I found that changing droop had a better and quicker effect on the car instead on changing shock positions or camber change. Good luck!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Try going to 3.5 or 4 in the rear. That will allow more weight to transfer to the front when you let off power giving you a little more steering. I tried this last weekend and it helped the car out a bunch. I started the day with 6mm up front and 6mm in the rear.....once I went to 5mm in the rear the car got better. I bet if I went to 4.5 it would have been 100% perfect rather than 98% I hope this helps you out some. I found that changing droop had a better and quicker effect on the car instead on changing shock positions or camber change. Good luck!!!
il try this and let you know . im sory i said 2.5 front and 3mm rear but i had 3mm front and 3mm rear sorry for the mistake . so should i keep 3mm in front ?
thanks for the quick replys
Old 08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

5-6 Cell Cyclone TC Main Chassis back in stock now !
Old 08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

il try this and let you know . im sory i said 2.5 front and 3mm rear but i had 3mm front and 3mm rear sorry for the mistake . so should i keep 3mm in front ?
thanks for the quick replys
How are you measuring your droop? Is this 3mm over ride height? If so you might be able to go to 2mm in the front and have a 1mm difference from front to rear. If these measurements are using some sort of droop gauge then I'd still increase the front droop to 4mm.

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
5-6 Cell Cyclone TC Main Chassis back in stock now !
As usual you're right on it leting us know what you have in stock. Thanks again for a great job.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As usual you're right on it leting us know what you have in stock. Thanks again for a great job.

He's on top of it in at least a half dozen theads
Old 08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

He's on top of it in at least a half dozen theads
I saw that on here and the Tamiya thread. He never sleeps
Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How are you measuring your droop? Is this 3mm over ride height? If so you might be able to go to 2mm in the front and have a 1mm difference from front to rear. If these measurements are using some sort of droop gauge then I'd still increase the front droop to 4mm.

Our RC Market Team keep do it !
Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

as you said i mesure it over the ride height .
3mm droop over ride height front and 4mm ride height rear
Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

as you said i mesure it over the ride height .
3mm droop over ride height front and 4mm ride height rear
If over ride height I would go with 2mm front and 3mm rear. I think so long as you have 1mm difference front to rear you will be fine. You can go to 4mm in the rear and still get the same results.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
What outdrives are they Korey

And what is your setup with the Hara springs please. Is it for rubber tyers as well as for outside?
Cheers Malc
To be honest I used the same setup that I posted earlier. I just put hara springs on and tried a few different rates. For our track I liked the Hara "red" springs all around. I tried black all around, purple all around, red all around, red up front and purple rear, and purple front black rear. All yeilded the same general feeling.

At my local track, they just weren't the ticket. They would work good on a really nice flowing track with a good amount of grip (more like a euro style track). They smooth out the car a lot and make it feel more "stuck".

Outdrives, I've tried both the POM outdrives that come stock on the TC kit, and the optional aluminum ones. The POM outdrives work awesome. I haven't really seen a need to go away from those. They wear for a reaallllyyyy long time, and are very light. I recently put the aluminum outdrives on and saw no performance gain... other than they look pretty cool

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.