Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Hey STLNLST, or Scotty

Can I borrow some diff grease? Im pretty sure I can find my black grease, but I cant find my lil HB's thing of the clear stuff, or whatever you guys use for the main diff balls

My diff was on the gritty side, so I tore it down...
For the best diff lube..... I just happen to know the guy

http://www.wickedfastracing.com
Old 06-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did anyone else find that the rear toe block (3.0) that comes with the cyclone tc is different from side to side.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
For the best diff lube..... I just happen to know the guy

http://www.wickedfastracing.com
I need to try all this stuff... But for now, the LHS is the easiest....
Old 06-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i built my pro diff set recently and noticed the outdrives and the rings from the old diff do not fit. does the pro diff have a option alloy/steel outdrive set one can buy for it? the plastic version diff outdrives on the pro diff do not have the little adjustment hole to reach the screw head once it is installed which i find a pain.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
i built my pro diff set recently and noticed the outdrives and the rings from the old diff do not fit. does the pro diff have a option alloy/steel outdrive set one can buy for it? the plastic version diff outdrives on the pro diff do not have the little adjustment hole to reach the screw head once it is installed which i find a pain.
Well since in the new pro-spec diff the screw goes in on the short side now instead of the lond side as in the old diff, there won't be an adjustment hole like before. And yes there are alumn outdrives for the pro-spec diff.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savageguy
Did anyone else find that the rear toe block (3.0) that comes with the cyclone tc is different from side to side.
YES... mine was the same way... I was getting 4 degrees on left rear and 2 degrees on right rear... I posted a comment about it a week ago and received no comment... I'm guessing the block is off center...
Old 06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
YES... mine was the same way... I was getting 4 degrees on left rear and 2 degrees on right rear... I posted a comment about it a week ago and received no comment... I'm guessing the block is off center...
just ordered me up som alum blocks for the car. I expect my corner speed to be even faster with equal toe from left to right. Mine rear toe was fine until I broke a ball stud in my right rear hub. Every other block has been off.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Well since in the new pro-spec diff the screw goes in on the short side now instead of the lond side as in the old diff, there won't be an adjustment hole like before. And yes there are alumn outdrives for the pro-spec diff.
how how can you adjust it quickly then? if they designed an L shaped tool to reach the screw head that would be fine, but i don't think they do anything like this, plus i think the cvd sits too far in and there isn't enough room to slip in a tool to get to the screw head....does this mean to access and adjust the diff we need to pop of one of the ballcups?! = increased slop, and a pain int he butt when adjusting in pit lane. it means taking body of and taking a long time
Old 06-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Yes
i'm before was posted this case !
Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Scotty boils his main diff balls.
Why boil them? And which ones?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
just ordered me up som alum blocks for the car. I expect my corner speed to be even faster with equal toe from left to right. Mine rear toe was fine until I broke a ball stud in my right rear hub. Every other block has been off.
Wow how many people have seen this? I was going to buy a new kit but am scared now. Maybe i will wait till next construction phase.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt--h
Why boil them? And which ones?
LOL its a inside joke between us...

Yeah, were weird
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart
Wow how many people have seen this? I was going to buy a new kit but am scared now. Maybe i will wait till next construction phase.
It's a hit and miss situation bro. I never had a toe problem until I switched out the orginal pieces that came with the car. I can't say for sure if I got a bad batch of parts as I purchased them from two different places and one shipment came from TOP which gets their parts straight from hotbodies for their car kits. I could go through every rear hub I have for the car but I'm not that bored so I will just go with the alum for now and call it a day. Maybe next weekend I'll go through all of my rear hubs if the kids don't bother me too much.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It's a hit and miss situation bro. I never had a toe problem until I switched out the orginal pieces that came with the car. I can't say for sure if I got a bad batch of parts as I purchased them from two different places and one shipment came from TOP which gets their parts straight from hotbodies for their car kits. I could go through every rear hub I have for the car but I'm not that bored so I will just go with the alum for now and call it a day. Maybe next weekend I'll go through all of my rear hubs if the kids don't bother me too much.
I am using the alum rear hub..but still gives me different reading from left to right... me too would like to know what is wrong... I've even changed the inner and outer suspension shaft and the arms but still no luck... Maybe Hotbodies should explain this problem...
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

i reckon its the holes in the chassis maybe

I would really like to know as well, this car is a high end car, it should be sorted out!!!!!!!!!!

My car still suffers from this rear toe problem too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.