Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, I have been building my car this evening and can not get the rear diff gear to sit 'tight'. There is alot of side to side play in the gear, the diff is definately tight and I can not work it out. If anyone can help that will be great. Thanks. Jonathan
Old 09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's funny to me when guys get new cars and rave about how great they are. Of course they are great...they are new!

Most guys only replace parts when they break. Whatever doesn't break stays on the car...forever! So they have a car that is all sacked out, that doesn't respond to changes because it is all loose as a goose.

However, if they would just buy new arms, hub carriers and steering blocks all at once (all at once is the key term) for their old cars they will also run awsome...again...lol!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rear diff

Originally Posted by jonny69
Hey, I have been building my car this evening and can not get the rear diff gear to sit 'tight'. There is alot of side to side play in the gear, the diff is definately tight and I can not work it out. If anyone can help that will be great. Thanks. Jonathan
The rear diff will have more play than say a Pro4 diff, don't worry about it. As long as it is tight, it will work great.

Raced it a few times, no problems etc etc.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Worn Out Cars?

Adrian & ODawg,
If there is one thing I don't have it is worn out cars. I've bought several cars this year alone from Yokomo, Corally, HPI. I haven't had them long enough to wear out the parts. What I was refering to that the Cyclone out of the box with only a few very minor changes handled far better than any car I have had. Unlike some other manufacturers cars where you have to buy aftermarket shocks, chassis, pulleys, steering bell-cranks, etc. to have a competitive car (You know what I mean) I only had to change springs in the front.
As far as the 415MSX I'm sure it will be a great car and probably handle better than any of it's predecessors, it ought to, it's only the third revision of the same chassis. Which I'm sure most of the Tamiya faithful are happy about since the original 415 is $345 then upgrade to a 415MS is $475 now to an MSX that is another $150 to $275. But you guys are right the Cyclone shouldn't be that impressive since it is Hotbodies first TC, albeit with HPI help.

Also if you paid attention to what I wrote I stated that the spool I had on the car was slipping so the car's handling was less than perfect.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

I recently purchaced a Hot Bodies Cyclone can anyone tell me with a 100t 64p spur what pinion should I use for these motors listed below:

Trinity Monster Horse Power Stock motor

Trinity Chameleon 2 19t

Im currently running on a med/sized asphalt track with rubber tires also is this car legal to race in the HPI Challange Series any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It's funny to me when guys get new cars and rave about how great they are. Of course they are great...they are new!

Most guys only replace parts when they break. Whatever doesn't break stays on the car...forever! So they have a car that is all sacked out, that doesn't respond to changes because it is all loose as a goose.

However, if they would just buy new arms, hub carriers and steering blocks all at once (all at once is the key term) for their old cars they will also run awsome...again...lol!
I know every new car I built was always better than the car I was currently racing!!!!!!!!!!! I think when someone gets a new car they try harder since they want the new car to be better than the old car they where running.

Sometimes new cars are better handling and sometimes they are not. It really comes down to if you hit a setup that fits they way you drive and hits a spot that works for the car as well.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

we dont know about ur gearing because with every track the gearing will be different. so you need to ask people around your track what their final drive is and gear your car the same way
Old 09-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

i think you should worry about shumacher getting parts to people other making fun of people on here because as far as i know your costumer service stinks
Old 09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngo8
i think you should worry about shumacher getting parts to people other making fun of people on here because as far as i know your costumer service stinks
That was uncalled for....I wasn't bashing anyone.

FYI:

1. We have the best customer service in the industry. Check any Schumacher Sedan, truck or buggy thread on any message board on the net to see this for yourself.

2. Just about everything is in stock for all our cars in the US right now except for rear Mi2 belts and TiR Mi2 CVDs. Those items will be here on Thursday. You can see our inventory in real time at www.racing-cars.com

Enjoy your Cyclone. It really is a great car!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

That was uncalled for....I wasn't bashing anyone.

FYI:

1. We have the best customer service in the industry. Check any Schumacher Sedan, truck or buggy thread on any message board on the net to see this for yourself.

2. Just about everything is in stock for all our cars in the US right now except for rear Mi2 belts and TiR Mi2 CVDs. Those items will be here on Thursday. You can see our inventory in real time at www.racing-cars.com

Enjoy your Cyclone. It really is a great car!
I'll have to back up Adrian...
along with HPI...Schumacher also has great customer service... anytime I would email Adrian... he'll quickly reply with answers to my questions or parts request....
Old 09-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

we apologize for the short delay on processing the 2nd batch of pre-orders of the Cyclone car kit orders. We sent the Cyclone kits we received to HB for a quality control check and we will be receiving the shipment again tomorrow this time all kits should have all the correct bulkheads in them. Apparently the bulkhead problem was only in a small % of the first batch of kits.

From now on, the Cyclone kits shipping out of Speed Tech R/C should all have the correct bulkheads Thank you all for your patience.

Steve Wang
Old 09-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

any news when the spares or option parts will be available from hot bodies?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have my cyclone yesterday, all the parts are correct. The kit also come with all the roll bars, center direct pulley , 1 way pulley, direct center shaft and 1 way center shaft.

I also find out that the Alum UJ are abt 1mm shorter than the pro4
Old 09-20-2005, 01:39 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Comes with tamiya style CV's.
Never had a HPI touring car until now so I can´t compare. Are the Tamiya style CVD´s better than the HPIs or not and what is the difference?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joehwee
I have my cyclone yesterday, all the parts are correct. The kit also come with all the roll bars, center direct pulley , 1 way pulley, direct center shaft and 1 way center shaft.

I also find out that the Alum UJ are abt 1mm shorter than the pro4
Did you have 1 or 2 direct center pulley???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.