Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:50 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gaday Newbie here , Droppin in ,, Been readin the advice on these pages and seen some really helpfull stuff.. and Thank you all involved....
So now i got your attenion,, I'm lookin for surefire TURN IN setup TIPS for my moore-speed cyclone.
The track i race at is tight with 15 cnrs per lap asphault, and lots of understeer in & out thew cnrs. Ive been racin this car for 6 meetings now and it has not failed to impress me..

I have started with the worlds setup,,remove rear sway bar & angled fnt & rear shocks in softer this helps but working 4w on 4w off, progress is slow and frustrating...BLA BLA BLA

So any tips will be well apprecatatede
PS i cant spell 4 $hit
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have you got the maximum 4mm ackerman setup on the car. I believe you need to get long ball studs before setting the car up with that much ackerman.

Its the part where the two ball studs sit together on the servo saver

Also have you tried playing with the anti-squat/anti-dive or whatever.... (the shims which sit under the pivot blocks)
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
is this the same as the much more anti wear grease?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thraex
Did someone tried to grind out the original spool (included in the hara/surikarn kits) so that it can accept blades from the rear, or makes this the spool too weak? The spools seems to wear pretty fast, so I'm wondering if this mod is a good one.
iif you do that you have to make sure that you grind off the correct amount and make sure you sure that its even and smooth if not you will eat up the blades in a few minutes, your best bet is to get another rear aluminum diff and take the diffballs out and make it a spool.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,i wanted to post some pics of our new cyclone asphalt kit.it consists of a 2.25mm chassis and 2.25mm front and rear topdecks.the chassis has an added 3mm of wheelbase adjustment over the stock chassis.it also has a reccess for tape underneath the cells as found on most of my kits along with pre beveled battery slots.the material does not fatigue like the stock materials while keeping very similar flex characteristics.the kit is going to be 109.99 plus shipping.for more details,feel free to shoot me a PM.
looking good...
with the added 3mm of wheelbase... will it use the stock belts?

eta on availability?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
looking good...
with the added 3mm of wheelbase... will it use the stock belts?

eta on availability?
From what I've read, the BMI asphalt chassis will have the same wheelbase as the BMI carpet chassis. The carpet version still uses both standard belts because the pulleys don't move at all, just the rear pivot block.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROV
Gaday Newbie here , Droppin in ,, Been readin the advice on these pages and seen some really helpfull stuff.. and Thank you all involved....
So now i got your attenion,, I'm lookin for surefire TURN IN setup TIPS for my moore-speed cyclone.
The track i race at is tight with 15 cnrs per lap asphault, and lots of understeer in & out thew cnrs. Ive been racin this car for 6 meetings now and it has not failed to impress me..

I have started with the worlds setup,,remove rear sway bar & angled fnt & rear shocks in softer this helps but working 4w on 4w off, progress is slow and frustrating...BLA BLA BLA

PS i cant spell 4 $hit
If you're looking for more steering try these changes:
-More Droop in the rear. I.E. smaller number on droop gauge. more off-power steering.
-Less Droop in the front. I.E. larger number on droop gauge. more on-power steering.
-If you have a sway bar on the front, remove it or try a lighter bar.
-Put the rear sway bar back on.
-Softer springs on front or harder springs on rear.
-Pro-Dive in front. F=1.5mm R=1.0mm - these are the shims under the pivot blocks.

What body are you running? Try a Mazda 6 or Speed 6 body. It'll give you more steering.

Don't try all of these at once. Try one at a time. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ROV

PS i cant spell 4 $hit
try this set up !! the springs are 13 lbs if you dont have tamiya springs
Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
is this the same as the much more anti wear grease?
I have the Much More stuff as well, but prefer the Tamiya as it is thicker/stickier (technical talk here ) IMO. It does attract dust/dirt to the area, but does not seem to effect the anti-wear properties of either the outdrives or the dogbone pins. Nor does it seem to affect the handling of the car either. If you keep reapplying it the wear is very, very low...
Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

cheers, will give it a go when i get a new spool!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ?????

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
try this set up !! the springs are 13 lbs if you dont have tamiya springs
Nice set-up. Thought you said you were running 10.75 FD? Is this a set-up for a shorter track?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Nice set-up. Thought you said you were running 10.75 FD? Is this a set-up for a shorter track?
actually its a typo on the set up that FDR is with the 3.5 not the 4.5
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thraex
Did someone tried to grind out the original spool (included in the hara/surikarn kits) so that it can accept blades from the rear, or makes this the spool too weak? The spools seems to wear pretty fast, so I'm wondering if this mod is a good one.
i suggest you out try the version 3 spool : hb cyclone version 3 spool

i used to use the version of the spool that's included with the hara/surikarn editions. these can wear out quite fast (even with aw grease). after switching to the ver 3 spool, i've stuck with that. they last much longer, have replaceable outdrives that have 2 slots in them instead of 1 (meaning that they can last twice as long and is cheaper than replacing one whole spool when the slot in the outdrives wear out).
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
cheers, will give it a go when i get a new spool!!
Std Ver. 3 or 3 racing Spool
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_118
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW Thank shaun,marcos,pitbull,,,,Just what i was after that should keep me busy 4 a few days,,, looks like another test and tune day tommorro,,,,So i b ready 4 racin sunday.....CHEERS to all who put in... il try them all 1 by 1
PS
Iv'e seen a quick referance page 1 guy has at the club its like a xcell spread sheet....if eg power understeer= do this....oversteer= dothat or this or this....
Can't remember what he said it was ..but looks bloody helpfull page its got a hole file with it but just this one page will help,,,he keeps promising a copy but not yet...Anyone know what im on about,,i dont,,,any help...

Last edited by ROV; 04-17-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.