Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Daryl Silva
I am running everything you are now besides the 1.5mm shims under the arms. I will try that this weekend. Thanks for your help!! What springs are you running? I like the silver / gold the best so far. I want to try the new Hybrid springs. Josh Numan really likes those right now on his Tamiya.
no problem daryl.i am running tamiya yellow springs.i really liked how they felt.i ran the softer springs with the silver sway bars front and rear.it was really good for a fast paced track.it made the car extremely easy to drive and keep the speed up through the fast sweeping corners.the stiffer springs seemed to make the car a little darty.i run a little stiffer spring setup when the track is tight.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Jhon, for the response, I prepare for the next week a order.
Here in Spain, for the 2007 session, foams are aproved in asphalt, for a TC, with 5 cell, the car is more lighter, my car is now to 1357g, with cut foam tyres and transponder.
I prove with gold/silver springs, and 37F-37R 35F-35R, and the car is more easy to drive and setup, for now a litle slow,(0.3-0.5s lap) This weekend I am going to prove the new motor Nosram 4.5, and i think is fast that with 6 cells and rubbers. I think ... i need more practice, too.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Thanks xluis!

hehe.. distributor or shop!
No, I am neither of that. Just crazy, as I enjoy building the cars as much as I enjoy driving them.

This was just my annual "big" order which I only place once a year, usually before the start of the next season in order to upgrade my car/equipment.

the order was placed to RcChamp in Japan. Most of the items were not in stock, so I had to wait for 6 weeks, as TakeOff seem not to ship very often to their shops. At least thats what RCChamp told me.

Yes, I do have tons of spare parts, just because I like to change the worn out parts immediately. I mean, even if I notice a small scratch, that part is gone.. replaced by a new one asap!
I don't know, is there a name for this symptom? Since I am Greek, I will invent a word.. let me see.. "kenouriophilia" (kenourio = new, philia = friend) so there you go!

Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year!
Hi John,

Could you tell me if that is a custom-made (or bmi?) lower chassis as it seems to appear wider than the kit one?
By the way i'm am envious of the equipment and the wiring skills
Definitely an awesome set-up.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Daryl, I would do as the others have suggested and lower your lower a-arm. I wouldn't bother with 1.5 as thats probably too small of a change.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

the lowest i have gone was 1mm and that is with a oneway.any lower will over heat the tires.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
the lowest i have gone was 1mm and that is with a oneway.any lower will over heat the tires.
Since I am running a one way at Socal I think I will try the 1mm shim. Thanks guys!!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi all

I have been thinking about lopping off the servo ears, and moving the servo forward on the chassis and mounting with shoe goo, would there be any adverse effect by doing this? ie will a shorter link to the bellcrand effect the operation of the steering?

I want to try this so as to get enough real estate on the chassis to mount the receiver on the deck instead of on the servo while running a BL.

Last edited by Besercoe; 12-28-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Daryl Silva
Since I am running a one way at Socal I think I will try the 1mm shim. Thanks guys!!

if your running the oneway daryl,if the car feels a little loose off power what i do is adjust the rear diff to tie it down.tighter tightens the rear and looser will loosen the rear.i also run AE black grease on the oneway bearings in the front and layshaft to tone down the free wheel effect.i always start with the diff a little loose.not slipping but very free.i will tighten it a little at a time until the rear locks in.i dont want it too tight because it will hurt the off power steering.i just make it so i can drive the car.i also run 4mm of ackerman shims with the oneway.hope this helps
Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimbobmahua
Hi John,

Could you tell me if that is a custom-made (or bmi?) lower chassis as it seems to appear wider than the kit one?
By the way i'm am envious of the equipment and the wiring skills
Definitely an awesome set-up.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments.

The chassis is stock HB chassis. It might look wider due to the way I have installed the electronics with the 5 cell configuration. I'd say its an optical illusion.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default diffs

hi guys just rebuilt my diff using the wider pully for a smoother diff. i have assembled it to the letter and the 12 big balls and the 6 small balls are there (using new alloy out drives) when i go to turn it it makes a terrible clicking noise but i dont know what it is. it feels like there are balls missing but there all there any ideas? thanks stephen
Old 12-29-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi all

I have been thinking about lopping off the servo ears, and moving the servo forward on the chassis and mounting with shoe goo, would there be any adverse effect by doing this? ie will a shorter link to the bellcrand effect the operation of the steering?

I want to try this so as to get enough real estate on the chassis to mount the receiver on the deck instead of on the servo while running a BL.
Brad, "factory Boy" got his KO receiver on the bottom deck, and I've got my micro Spektrum on the bottom as well, all without removing any ears.. (no Chopper Reed, here ).
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-lrp-1.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-lrp-2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephen hilton
hi guys just rebuilt my diff using the wider pully for a smoother diff. i have assembled it to the letter and the 12 big balls and the 6 small balls are there (using new alloy out drives) when i go to turn it it makes a terrible clicking noise but i dont know what it is. it feels like there are balls missing but there all there any ideas? thanks stephen
Don't know what that could be if it's the rear diff.... But if it's the front diff, it's your CVD binding. I run 16-18 deg total steering deflection and you shouldn't need anymore then this to achieve enough steering for the car, and if stops the binding of the CVD's.

Regards,
Peter
Old 12-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys just got my moore speed has any one got a good setup to start with i run 19turn on carpet with rubber tyres . med size track with med to high grip
Old 12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aid1970
Hi guys just got my moore speed has any one got a good setup to start with i run 19turn on carpet with rubber tyres . med size track with med to high grip
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-crf-power-raceway.jpg  
Old 12-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers Stew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.