R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #7981
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BigDaddyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
got my kit built that i got from stormerhobbies.com and followed the instructions. the dual one ways sort of have me baffled as to why?

anyone have any experience with different combos such as:

F diff, C locked, R diff

F solid, C oneway, R diff

F one way, C one way, R solid (saw this once on a RS4 nitro sedan)
Good question. I have run the car for a couple years now, and really only done the basics, I'm curious if anyone has done something more exotic.

My rule so far has been that I always run the center one-way when I run front one-way, and locked center for both diff and spool.

The F diff, C locked, R diff is my carpet/foam tire configuration. I know guys that were happy with it on asphalt as well though last summer. It's a bit more of a traditional US touring car configuration.

F solid, C oneway, R diff would be interesting. I really don't know what that would do. I wonder if it would take away some of the scrub that's common with the solid axle. Seems to me that part of what makes the solid axle work is that it is rotating and locked to the rest of the drivetrain though. It would be an interestinge experiment.

I haven't seen a R solid axle on an electric TC other than for drifting. I think you really need that rear differential action in order to maintain traction. The Cylone naturally has a lot of steering, and I think the loss in rear traction might be difficult to manage.

Outdoors, I pretty much always run dual one-way on big sweeping tracks and spool with locked center on tight tracks..... so far the car is always fast.
BigDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #7982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi There
New to Cyclone, I was please wondering where can I get some good starting setups for the WCE please. One thing I can say is last night I started to build the car and after being a TRF fan for quite some time, I can say that the Car is so much a better quaility fit and with all shims and parts there the car is s0o much tighter than my MRE. I have built it up to where I only have to do the shocks left to do. I will be finnishing the car tonight.
What are the main parts I need to keep me going for now.I race in modified in Australia.
I have put my MRE up for sale and I will stick with the new WCE.
So you guys will have to get use to seeing me around here now.
Thanks Guys so any info that may help me would be great.
Take care
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #7983
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Adam

Start with the kit setup, on our shitty tracks i have not ventured too far away from there.

You have to remember the quality of our tracks are far lower than most posted setups from the big boys, so rarely work well.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #7984
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Heh Addam, WELCOME BACK!!!

A few of the guys i have spoken to have also said to start with Andy's Worlds setup. Theres a link to it at the bottom of this page.

http://www.hbeurope.com/news/en/2006080201.html

You can also take a look at the following....
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
You dont need to dremel out under the front pulley, which was an issue with the older bottom deck.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #7985
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Guy's
I have set up the car and it came up really good. The best part is the holes are the same as my MRE for the body post so my special TomB painted shell will go on the new car.
Thanks
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #7986
Tech Addict

Did someone tried to grind out the original spool (included in the hara/surikarn kits) so that it can accept blades from the rear, or makes this the spool too weak? The spools seems to wear pretty fast, so I'm wondering if this mod is a good one.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:04 AM   #7987
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraex
The spools seems to wear pretty fast, so I'm wondering if this mod is a good one.
Use this and it won't
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #7988
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gaday Newbie here , Droppin in ,, Been readin the advice on these pages and seen some really helpfull stuff.. and Thank you all involved....
So now i got your attenion,, I'm lookin for surefire TURN IN setup TIPS for my moore-speed cyclone.
The track i race at is tight with 15 cnrs per lap asphault, and lots of understeer in & out thew cnrs. Ive been racin this car for 6 meetings now and it has not failed to impress me..

I have started with the worlds setup,,remove rear sway bar & angled fnt & rear shocks in softer this helps but working 4w on 4w off, progress is slow and frustrating...BLA BLA BLA

So any tips will be well apprecatatede
PS i cant spell 4 $hit
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #7989
Tech Elite

Have you got the maximum 4mm ackerman setup on the car. I believe you need to get long ball studs before setting the car up with that much ackerman.

Its the part where the two ball studs sit together on the servo saver

Also have you tried playing with the anti-squat/anti-dive or whatever.... (the shims which sit under the pivot blocks)
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #7990
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
is this the same as the much more anti wear grease?
chris_blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #7991
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraex
Did someone tried to grind out the original spool (included in the hara/surikarn kits) so that it can accept blades from the rear, or makes this the spool too weak? The spools seems to wear pretty fast, so I'm wondering if this mod is a good one.
iif you do that you have to make sure that you grind off the correct amount and make sure you sure that its even and smooth if not you will eat up the blades in a few minutes, your best bet is to get another rear aluminum diff and take the diffballs out and make it a spool.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #7992
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,i wanted to post some pics of our new cyclone asphalt kit.it consists of a 2.25mm chassis and 2.25mm front and rear topdecks.the chassis has an added 3mm of wheelbase adjustment over the stock chassis.it also has a reccess for tape underneath the cells as found on most of my kits along with pre beveled battery slots.the material does not fatigue like the stock materials while keeping very similar flex characteristics.the kit is going to be 109.99 plus shipping.for more details,feel free to shoot me a PM.
looking good...
with the added 3mm of wheelbase... will it use the stock belts?

eta on availability?

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #7993
jaz
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
looking good...
with the added 3mm of wheelbase... will it use the stock belts?

eta on availability?
From what I've read, the BMI asphalt chassis will have the same wheelbase as the BMI carpet chassis. The carpet version still uses both standard belts because the pulleys don't move at all, just the rear pivot block.
jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #7994
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROV
Gaday Newbie here , Droppin in ,, Been readin the advice on these pages and seen some really helpfull stuff.. and Thank you all involved....
So now i got your attenion,, I'm lookin for surefire TURN IN setup TIPS for my moore-speed cyclone.
The track i race at is tight with 15 cnrs per lap asphault, and lots of understeer in & out thew cnrs. Ive been racin this car for 6 meetings now and it has not failed to impress me..

I have started with the worlds setup,,remove rear sway bar & angled fnt & rear shocks in softer this helps but working 4w on 4w off, progress is slow and frustrating...BLA BLA BLA

PS i cant spell 4 $hit
If you're looking for more steering try these changes:
-More Droop in the rear. I.E. smaller number on droop gauge. more off-power steering.
-Less Droop in the front. I.E. larger number on droop gauge. more on-power steering.
-If you have a sway bar on the front, remove it or try a lighter bar.
-Put the rear sway bar back on.
-Softer springs on front or harder springs on rear.
-Pro-Dive in front. F=1.5mm R=1.0mm - these are the shims under the pivot blocks.

What body are you running? Try a Mazda 6 or Speed 6 body. It'll give you more steering.

Don't try all of these at once. Try one at a time. Good luck.
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #7995
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROV

PS i cant spell 4 $hit
try this set up !! the springs are 13 lbs if you dont have tamiya springs
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote