Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

typical jarhead
Damn str8. The guy jumps in my pm box and wants to trade shots. Man. It's all in jest to break the monotony. Some guys are so sensitive.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I sincerely apologize if this has been asked and answered, but my search on the thread resulted in 150+ posts.. I looked through as many as I could stand to.

Anyhow.. I Just purchased a standard Cyclone kit from Stormer Hobbies a week or so ago. And while assembling, the Front One-Way pulley doesn't look anything like the one in the manual, though it does seem to bolt on properly. And my main question:

The Front and Rear diff pulleys appear very strange to me. Are they suppose to have one 'side' that refuses to snap on or stay in place? Am I suppose to glue it on? And if so, why in the hell wouldn't they have just molded it as one piece? I'm very disappointed with the parts and instructions in this kit.
To be more detailed if necessary, the diff pulley appears to only have 1 sidewall to keep the belt from sliding off the pulley. The other 'side' looks like it should pressfit or snap into the pulley on the other side, to keep the belt from sliding off that side, but it doesn't stay on... very poor manufacturing and or instructions in this case.

Should I complain to HB? will they send me the correct parts quickly? Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

Just a bit upset, as I've 'heard' that this is a very good car and I am un-impressed so far.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mustangz
I sincerely apologize if this has been asked and answered, but my search on the thread resulted in 150+ posts.. I looked through as many as I could stand to.

Anyhow.. I Just purchased a standard Cyclone kit from Stormer Hobbies a week or so ago. And while assembling, the Front One-Way pulley doesn't look anything like the one in the manual, though it does seem to bolt on properly. And my main question:

The Front and Rear diff pulleys appear very strange to me. Are they suppose to have one 'side' that refuses to snap on or stay in place? Am I suppose to glue it on? And if so, why in the hell wouldn't they have just molded it as one piece? I'm very disappointed with the parts and instructions in this kit.
To be more detailed if necessary, the diff pulley appears to only have 1 sidewall to keep the belt from sliding off the pulley. The other 'side' looks like it should pressfit or snap into the pulley on the other side, to keep the belt from sliding off that side, but it doesn't stay on... very poor manufacturing and or instructions in this case.

Should I complain to HB? will they send me the correct parts quickly? Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

Just a bit upset, as I've 'heard' that this is a very good car and I am un-impressed so far.
The second half of the pulley needs to be CA'd on. It actually does state in the instruction manual to do this.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

got my kit built that i got from stormerhobbies.com and followed the instructions. the dual one ways sort of have me baffled as to why?

anyone have any experience with different combos such as:

F diff, C locked, R diff

F solid, C oneway, R diff

F one way, C one way, R solid (saw this once on a RS4 nitro sedan)
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Damn str8. The guy jumps in my pm box and wants to trade shots. Man. It's all in jest to break the monotony. Some guys are so sensitive.
oo rah!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mustangz

Crazy as if you read the manual you would not have posted about this bad car.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
oo rah!!
Watching Alpha Company (3rd Recon) on the Military Channel now. They absolutely rock. Friggin 5'5 Marine takes on the 6' and huge Iraqi attached to their unit in wrestling...duffs him out! OO-God-Damn-RAH!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaz
The second half of the pulley needs to be CA'd on. It actually does state in the instruction manual to do this.
Actually, it doesn't. I read the manual Thoroughly.. and just looked it all over again. There is NO stating or implying that any diff pieces require any CA glue. The ONLY thing to that point in the manual that requires any CA is the sides of the chassis.

The manual must be very new, and my kit is quite old as far as versions go? It shows the one way as requiring 4 screws, when the part I got with the kit only has 3 screw holes. Also, if it would have included the One-way pulley that is shown in the manual, it wouldn't bolt onto the one-way with 3 holes. Not to mention that the ball-diff pulley shown in the manual has round holes instead of the square'ish holes in the diff pulleys I got in my kit.

Regardless, if these (what must be older parts) that I got in my kit should just be CA'd together, then no problem, I can do that. I'm just upset that I didn't either get the correct/newer parts or at least the right manual that should have come with my kit.

thanks for the tip.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Crazy as if you read the manual you would not have posted about this bad car.
wow.. another know-it all response which is completely wrong.

Show me where in MY MANUAL that it mentions to CA diff pieces together.

http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-040.jpg
http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-041.jpg
http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-042.jpg
http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-043.jpg
http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-044.jpg
http://www.mustangz.org/files/041507-045.jpg

It doesn't.... smart guy.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To be honest, I've never built a touring car that didn't require one of the flanges to be glued to the pulley. HB probably assumed that most people would be able to figure this out. If you think the car is crap because of something so miniscule, then maybe you should have just waited for the Cyclone S RTR to hit stores..

(This reminds me alot of the Mabuchi540 guy when he built his XXXCR.. some people nit-pick over the smallest thing)
Old 04-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thats funny they put the page from the Moore, Hara kit in your manual.

It shows the newer oneway and pulley that dosen't need to be glued.

But as was sayed it do's need to be CA glued.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

my manual said to glue the ring on the pulley heres a pic from my manual..

i also got a black kit from stormer.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Looks like he has the new manual with the old diffs.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Even if you have the newer style of pulley, you should still CA the sides on. I've had a couple of them come off and its a pain in the A55
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
Even if you have the newer style of pulley, you should still CA the sides on. I've had a couple of them come off and its a pain in the A55
The first useful non-abrasive reply to my question... thank you.

To the guy who claims I said the car is 'crap'... well, read the posts again. I never said that anywhere. I've just started building the car, and I've obviously received parts and a manual that are not meant to be distributed together. All I said was that I was "un-impressed" so far (and if you would've actually read my post, you would have been able to discern what I meant).

Anyhow, it's too bad that it feels like a little high-school clique in here. You guys have fun now, making jokes about people you don't know based on your poor literacy and perception skills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.