Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Tez - I had a similar problem with my recently. There are many changes with the setup that can be made. But my car was not reacting to many of the changes. I talked with Nick Stampfel and Stephen Sobottka. After they drove the car Nick said it felt like the front shocks were low on oil. My immediate reaction was, "No way"! The oil was only a week old. Well, I emptied and re-filled the front shocks with new oil, and the car was spectacular! The lower o-rings must be going bad on mine. Just something else to try. Your setup looks very comparable to mine. Shoot me your email and I can send you mine.

Snowy.

Last edited by Essnowyt; 02-19-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

KFA - They stop the sway bar from moving from left-right in the mounts.

Snowy.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Tez,

If the fronts rolling and digging in too much try making the front link more angled. This will reduce the front from rolling as much.

If the rear is loose I'd try moving the rear wishbones back by 1.5mm, so you have all the spacers towards the centre of the car. This will make it much more stable.

Also I've noticed you are running 2 hole pistons, I personally woudnt recommend that after much testing. If you get a chance try 3x1.1mm pistons, it should make the car abit more reactive.

I'll fill in a sheet with the setup I'm running, seems to work everywhere I've been with minimal tweaks.

Cheers,

Phil.

Last edited by Phil C; 02-20-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Heres that setup sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-my-carpet-setup-starting-point.jpg  
Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm also thinking about buying the stormer cyclone, but I've never been a fan of the curved bulkhead over the batteries. i did see an option for a straight bar that attaches to the topdeck. has anyone used it or know the like. I also thought there as a center brace to create an even flex across the top deck....
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just wondering from the cyclone fans, i've got a yokomo bd, is there anyone that has run both and can give a good perspecive on the performance differences between the two cars. I was going to sell my bd and buy the stormer cyclone.

assume i'll be running the car in 19t rubber on carpet.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
just wondering from the cyclone fans, i've got a yokomo bd, is there anyone that has run both and can give a good perspecive on the performance differences between the two cars. I was going to sell my bd and buy the stormer cyclone.

I consider BD having a low sweet spot out from the box since its known to have an understeer characteristic. Cyclone has a bigger sweetspot though. Both kits are good, just have to consider which will help your driving and parts support rom your LHS.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Tez
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Phil C
Heres that setup sheet.
Thanks for the advice!!!

Tez
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Where can i find bmi chasis kit for the cyclone to run on carpet with 26mm foams also looking for kit for tc4
Old 02-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'm also thinking about buying the stormer cyclone, but I've never been a fan of the curved bulkhead over the batteries. i did see an option for a straight bar that attaches to the topdeck. has anyone used it or know the like. I also thought there as a center brace to create an even flex across the top deck....
Yeah - the bent bulkhead actually works quite well. It allows very easy access to the screws holding the motor in. Very easy to do adjustments there.

However, I managed to bend my middle bulkhead, so I replaced it with the straight one by "Square". They do all the colours. It (like all Square stuff) is well made.

The middle brace is a GOOD idea - in a big crash, the forces going from bumper, through topdeck, will go into the middle bulkhead. Mine bent sideways and whilst the top-deck snapped due to lack of support. It split at the y junction. I since installed a CF brace and in another crash that snapped another top-deck, the middle bulkhead has stayed straight and true.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

BMI IS SELL THEIR STUFF THEMSELF, JUST GIVE THEN AN CALL AND U CAN GET WHAT EVER HE MAKES
Old 02-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edward Haywood
Where can i find bmi chasis kit for the cyclone to run on carpet with 26mm foams also looking for kit for tc4
www.bmiracing.com
Old 02-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

I have run Yokomo BDs and Cyclones for the past year. The Yokomo is a great car, and much stronger and durable than the Cyclone or most cars out there today. Its very easy to work on, and is faster than the Cyclone or most cars out there since its so light due to all the chassis cut outs and design. However, its a bit complex to get it to handle as great as a Cyclone since its got more tuning options, especially up front. The Cyclone just works great, and is very clean and simple lay-out. Much easier to set up and get working great- and once you set it up, the CYclone out-handles any car on the market. However, its a bit fragile in some areas, and not as fast as the Yokomo BD...maybe cause its a little heavier? But that Yok BD speed quickly means nothing when the CYclone just out handles it and kills with its unmatched corner speed and agility- nothing like it...exept for maybe an Xray T2...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

I have run both the BD and the Cyclone as well and I felt, as many have said, the Cyclone is much easier to set up and handles slightly better.

I found with the BD that it flexes differently either way due to the topdeck design, which makes the car less consistent. The shocks Yokomo aren’t particularly good either unless you mod them.

As for speed I don't think you can say one car is faster than another unless the drivetrain is producing lots of drag, which in the case of the Cyclone can't be said. Most people run their cars to the minimum weight limit anyway so weight shouldn’t be an issue either.

Both cars have their pros and cons but in my opinion the Cyclone is the better car.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

All true, my Cyclone handling is nearly as sharp as the 007. The BD is more durable than the Cyclone. The drive-line on my Cyclone is more free than both the BD and the Xray for some reason. The Cyclone worked great in stock and 19 last weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.