Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

BigDogRacing/dawgmeat,

I respect your opinions, even with the indirect but certainly implied, derogatory remarks. As I have stated many times before, the one-way/foam/carpet setup is a "project".

I have absolutely no interest in following the status quo just to accomplish more wins. Thats why I am not a team driver (although the work I do for XRAY is a bit more than just moderating the forum; as we said in grade school, "all in the coolaid and don't know the flava").

My goal, as an engineer, with this project is to prove the naysayers, such as yourselves, wrong. And unless the Lord comes back, or I die, I will disprove the theory that a one-way/foam/carpet setup won't work well enough to win in high competition racing. You can quote that, write it down and keep it in the vault for future use.

I also believe some of the other drivers in attendance of this "glorified club race" are better than your title for the event suggests.

Since it seems that both of you are feeling a little frisky, how about a challenge then? Try the setup yourself and let me know what you think.

If thats a bit much for you to swallow, come on out to one of these glorified club races on the east coast, where I'll be, and I'll sit down and hand my car over to you to run with and see how you do.

Either way, if you have a problem with what I'm writing, I am always available via PM or I can make myself available in person to hear directly from your mouth comments such as the ones above. However, I would caution that you don't let my verbal skills and Christian faith fool you. I'm not the typical edgumacated cyberjunkie and I haven't always been a Christian.

I seriously doubt that you would use the same choice of words to get your point across in person as you have above.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Cant we all just get along!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alex C
Cant we all just get along!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
BigDogRacing/dawgmeat,

I respect your opinions, even with the indirect but certainly implied, derogatory remarks. As I have stated many times before, the one-way/foam/carpet setup is a "project".

I have absolutely no interest in following the status quo just to accomplish more wins. Thats why I am not a team driver (although the work I do for XRAY is a bit more than just moderating the forum; as we said in grade school, "all in the coolaid and don't know the flava").

My goal, as an engineer, with this project is to prove the naysayers, such as yourselves, wrong. And unless the Lord comes back, or I die, I will disprove the theory that a one-way/foam/carpet setup won't work well enough to win in high competition racing. You can quote that, write it down and keep it in the vault for future use.

I also believe some of the other drivers in attendance of this "glorified club race" are better than your title for the event suggests.

Since it seems that both of you are feeling a little frisky, how about a challenge then? Try the setup yourself and let me know what you think.

If thats a bit much for you to swallow, come on out to one of these glorified club races on the east coast, where I'll be, and I'll sit down and hand my car over to you to run with and see how you do.

Either way, if you have a problem with what I'm writing, I am always available via PM or I can make myself available in person to hear directly from your mouth comments such as the ones above. However, I would caution that you don't let my verbal skills and Christian faith fool you. I'm not the typical edgumacated cyberjunkie and I haven't always been a Christian.

I seriously doubt that you would use the same choice of words to get your point across in person as you have above.
Unlike most of the keyboard cyber tuff guys on this forum, my words don't bow down to you or anybody else and "thats in person". You put yourself out there so deal with.
Bigdog had a valid point about new racers coming to gather info and yourself being a moderator a major X-ray forum you can lead young down the wrong path who are starting out........oh ya one more thing I know 2 people who race at Debbies and tried your one-carpet set-up, they said that they couldn't even get your car around the track without spinin' out. My challenge to you is when you win a race, I'll try it........sike
Old 12-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default hyperform chassis

hyperform: Can your chassis be used with the Xray top plate?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Unlike most of the keyboard cyber tuff guys on this forum, my words don't bow down to you or anybody else and "thats in person". You put yourself out there so deal with.
Bigdog had a valid point about new racers coming to gather info and yourself being a moderator a major X-ray forum you can lead young down the wrong path who are starting out........oh ya one more thing I know 2 people who race at Debbies and tried your one-carpet set-up, they said that they couldn't even get your car around the track without spinin' out. My challenge to you is when you win a race, I'll try it........sike
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

You can always come down and fulfill what you PM'd me a couple months ago...

"Don't know if you remeber me, My name is Stan I was racing at Hobbytown when Debbies was still a work in progress, I'm the bald headed brotha that use "TRY TO HELP YOU" i needed more help then you. Anyways I really step my game up and would to see where stand with you guys down there."

I think you'll find this one-way setup a little too much for you to handle in my hands though. Come on down and get a whoopin!

I can't help those around here who don't have the driving talent to adapt though. There are some here who can.

As I've told those individuals who you haven't named, I will beat them with the one-way setup in the near future. That's another one for the vault.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dal bains
nexus--try flipping it around..I believe both sides of those spurs are not identical...one side has a ridge...worth a try..
Dal...I checked out the PRS Spur I had and both sides had the inner portion sticking out the same amount.

Are there 2 molds of PRS spurs that went in production? From asking around I was not the only one who couldn't get the PRS spur to work without some modification.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The botom line is that you guys see it 2 diffrent ways. I can see both of your points. But dont let it get to the point where this will become's a huge deal. This is America and everyone has the right to post whatever they like as well as say whatever they like.

If someone wants to try Teamgp's one-way set-up. Let them do it and let them make the decision whether they like it or not. Dont knock the guy for trying something new that some people including myself find interesting and might try one day.

Lets get back to some good stuff. How are you guys liking those new 2 stage Jaco's? I just picked up a pair of double pink and double pink/orange foams and will try them Friday night. Any comments on them?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamgp
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

You can always come down and fulfill what you PM'd me a couple months ago...

"Don't know if you remeber me, My name is Stan I was racing at Hobbytown when Debbies was still a work in progress, I'm the bald headed brotha that use "TRY TO HELP YOU" i needed more help then you. Anyways I really step my game up and would to see where stand with you guys down there."

I think you'll find this one-way setup a little too much for you to handle in my hands though. Come on down and get a whoopin!

I can't help those around here who don't have the driving talent to adapt though. There are some here who can.

As I've told those individuals who you haven't named, I will beat them with the one-way setup in the near future. That's another one for the vault.
man I'm goin' to bed, I'll deal with you tomorrow at work
Old 12-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Lets get back to some good stuff. How are you guys liking those new 2 stage Jaco's? I just picked up a pair of double pink and double pink/orange foams and will try them Friday night. Any comments on them?
I'm hooked on em. Here's my take from the Jaco thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...63#post1980863
Old 12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ralph m
hyperform: Can your chassis be used with the Xray top plate?
Yes except the rear standoff holes will not line up so you can't use the rear standoffs...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
The botom line is that you guys see it 2 diffrent ways. I can see both of your points. But dont let it get to the point where this will become's a huge deal. This is America and everyone has the right to post whatever they like as well as say whatever they like.

If someone wants to try Teamgp's one-way set-up. Let them do it and let them make the decision whether they like it or not. Dont knock the guy for trying something new that some people including myself find interesting and might try one day.

I tried them and went back to the regular foam only because you can't true them down low say 56-55mm
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I tried them and went back to the regular foam only because you can't true them down low say 56-55mm
You can use them down to 55m and still have enough tread left for a full run with a 19t. I did it on Monday, seeing as I didn't want to break out a new set for one test run at lunch time. It is a risk to use them below 55.5mm though.

The wear on them is better than the regulars at around 20-30% less, they are lighter at the same diameter and the rims are more dureable as well..
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As one of the racers at Debbie's that also runs a oneway, all of your ideas and comments about how the cars handles is false and unfounded. Just because you can not get it to work doesn't mean it will not work. My fk'05 is very, I said, very easy to drive fast. After 6 months off, Teamgp setup my car and with a few changes, mainly the addidtion of a rear sway bar, I TQ'd and won the A main two weeks in a row, got bumped up the following week from Stock Intermediate class to Stock Experienced class and still TQ'd. With a time that put me just outside the Pro class A main. If it wasn't for a broken camber link I had a good chance of winning again. After 6 months off. I could not have accomplished this with an "ill handling car" that is "hard to drive" and "sensitive to changes" ior one that "spun out" at every turn. These are all comments from people who are "diff smart" but inexperienced with a oneway. If you use a lot of trail braking a oneway will not work for you, this is true, but if you smoothly setup for a corner or use no brakes in your driving style, you should give the oneway a second look. I am not an internationally known driver, just the opposite. I am typical weekend racer with no exceptional talent or skills. I am in the top half of the Stock Experienced class at Debbie's aspiring to get to the Stock Pro class. It is just that my Fk'05 as setup with a oneway is very, very easy to drive fast. A differential by it's very nature sends power to the wheel with the least amount of traction, a oneway sends full power to both wheels. So which one is going to get me around and through a corner quickly and effeciently? It seems to me that the critics are so stuck in the status quo that anything new is beat down unmercifully. For you guys the world is still flat. If I remember right, when Xray first came to market it was said to be "too complicated", "too many unecessary things to adjust", "pivot ball suspension will not work well indoors". Someone even said that Hudy should have kept to making tools because they don't know a thing about touring cars. These things and more were said because the car broke the status quo. A oneway is a good option for stock and 19T on carpet. I don't race mod so I can't say, but because it requires more braking I would assume not. The world is not flat gentlemen and there is more than one way (pun intended) to setup a car.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Impulse_racer
As one of the racers at Debbie's that also runs a oneway, all of your ideas and comments about how the cars handles is false and unfounded. Just because you can not get it to work doesn't mean it will not work. My fk'05 is very, I said, very easy to drive fast. After 6 months off, Teamgp setup my car and with a few changes, mainly the addidtion of a rear sway bar, I TQ'd and won the A main two weeks in a row, got bumped up the following week from Stock Intermediate class to Stock Experienced class and still TQ'd. With a time that put me just outside the Pro class A main. If it wasn't for a broken camber link I had a good chance of winning again. After 6 months off. I could not have accomplished this with an "ill handling car" that is "hard to drive" and "sensitive to changes" ior one that "spun out" at every turn. These are all comments from people who are "diff smart" but inexperienced with a oneway. If you use a lot of trail braking a oneway will not work for you, this is true, but if you smoothly setup for a corner or use no brakes in your driving style, you should give the oneway a second look. I am not an internationally known driver, just the opposite. I am typical weekend racer with no exceptional talent or skills. I am in the top half of the Stock Experienced class at Debbie's aspiring to get to the Stock Pro class. It is just that my Fk'05 as setup with a oneway is very, very easy to drive fast. A differential by it's very nature sends power to the wheel with the least amount of traction, a oneway sends full power to both wheels. So which one is going to get me around and through a corner quickly and effeciently? It seems to me that the critics are so stuck in the status quo that anything new is beat down unmercifully. For you guys the world is still flat. If I remember right, when Xray first came to market it was said to be "too complicated", "too many unecessary things to adjust", "pivot ball suspension will not work well indoors". Someone even said that Hudy should have kept to making tools because they don't know a thing about touring cars. These things and more were said because the car broke the status quo. A oneway is a good option for stock and 19T on carpet. I don't race mod so I can't say, but because it requires more braking I would assume not. The world is not flat gentlemen and there is more than one way (pun intended) to setup a car.

Screw all you guys...I'm gonna run 2 one-ways in my FT-TC4!!! Blazing speed yo...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.