Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lbckevin
My response (before your smart a$$ answer) was geared towards not having to spend money on the car to make it work. The person was asking a basic question, and I gave an honest answer without being rude , like you were,

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....you are a moderator ?
burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speedo
Hurray! An expert driver to save the day!!!

What's that I hear? You don't need to modify the car to make the Serpent shocks fit? You only need to replace the Serpent shock ends with the Xray ones? The Serpent shocks are practically equal in dimensions to the Xray shocks, and bolt right on?

Interesting....
Kevin is probably a lot better than you are.... i trust everything he says....hes just trying to help.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hpipro321
Kevin is probably a lot better than you are.... i trust everything he says....hes just trying to help.
Kevin Your my hero !!!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howard hudson
Kevin Your my hero !!!
... group burn
Old 11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Kev-

You've got 24s on your SUV and wont put a set of Serpents on your ride???? C'mon man!

See you at the track!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Dawson I told Hodapp you jumped on board. his reply "bout damn time!"
Old 11-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
Hey Dawson I told Hodapp you jumped on board. his reply "bout damn time!"
'Dapp is a good guy. Better late than NEVER I say. You running this weekend?

I have a lot of car stuff to sort through and build. I would like to try to make it out on Sunday.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
'Dapp is a good guy. Better late than NEVER I say. You running this weekend?

I have a lot of car stuff to sort through and build. I would like to try to make it out on Sunday.
ye yee sunday fer meeeee
Old 11-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
My response (before your smart a$$ answer) was geared towards not having to spend money on the car to make it work. The person was asking a basic question, and I gave an honest answer without being rude , like you were,

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....you are a moderator ?
Sure, the Xray shocks work, and a lot of people seem to like them. A lot of people also don't like them, having had bad experiences with them, and choose to replace them with different shocks. The Serpent shocks are a good choice because they are basically a direct fit. You basically implied that people who buy the Serpent shocks do for appearances only, and I can tell you that's not why I bought them.

Your post stated that you need to modify the car in order for the Serpent shocks to fit, which is completely false. Next time you try to help out, at least get your facts straight.

Josh
Old 11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd say a large portionof the people on these forums assume there is a problem because of the negative stigma attached to the shocks on this thread...

Some people are just upset that they are plastic bodies...so find things to nit-pick about...

Some find the assembly to be problematic, but the biggest complaint seems to be assembling them for absolutely zero rebound, manyof the setups and discussions I've seen though call for rebound...and getting them built with equal rebound didn't seem like too much of a hassle to me...

Some believe that there is no better shock than Tamiya, so will find a way to strap a TRF shock on, whether it's needed or not....

Personally...I find no problems at all with my box stock Xray shocks...no problems on my FK05...just like I had no problems on my FK....just like I had no problems on my Evo 2.....and yep..you guessedit...no problems with the Serpent shocks on my T1...silky smooth...they don't leak and I've never been hitin that magical manner from the rear that snaps the bodies (mind you..if you got hit like that there'd likely still be damage even with the aluminum bodies)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not so sure...By all means if the Xray shocks work for you then there is no reason to spend extra money on different shocks. The thing is that the people who are buying the Serpent shocks don't seem to be people who have just picked up an Xray, they're people who've owned the car for a while, or have used the Xray shocks in the past on a previous car, and don't like them.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Xray box shocks (Plastic) in my opinion are perfectly fine, they are very smooth and underrated. I had the metal xray teflon coated shocks bodies on my car, and I switched back to the plastic. Its not always about looks, its performance and in my mind the handling of my car always seemed a little bit more consistant with the plastic shocks especially in weathered conditions. When you are out on the track nobody is going to remember the type of shocks you have on your car its the handling and speed that people really notice. I think people buy different shocks cause its the hype, they want to look good, who doesn't. But always remember by performace before looks. I think if Xray thought there was a problem with there shocks they would have done something about it. This is my opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone one with Serpent shocks. But go plastic! There the shizzoo!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
I'd say a large portionof the people on these forums assume there is a problem because of the negative stigma attached to the shocks on this thread...
I must have missed your poll
Old 11-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm about to buy an FK05 and what to know what i should get in the way of hop-ups. Stuff like suspension gear, steering gear. Is there anything that isn't on the car that i should have?

Mind you for the amount of money your paying for cars these days they SHOULD have everything on them!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

I totally agree wtih you... competition touring cars are too expensive.

Well, for your T1, I suggest you the following hop ups :

- Graphite motor guard set (# 303060) ;
- Graphite battery strap set (# 306162) ;
- Hex hub spring steel wheel axle (for front and if only you're running modified # 305315).

Ciao.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.