Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

I have seen that one, but it lists different spur sizes. I want one that lists different tire sizes with a fixed spur size. I know someone does it cause I visited the site but it was long time ago and I cant remember what it was called.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
Would this be a better choice than the PDub bumper??
I'm running the Pdub/Rubberneck racing bumper on my FK05...

I DID make a minor modification to it to clear the bumps that the screws go into from under the chassis...

I am also running the impact absorbing front bumper with it...

I DO have occassional lapses in concentration that cause me to spack the boards...sometimes rather hard....and I have experienced NO chassis issues, and only very rarely on glancing hits to the front corner had any C-Hub damage.

It's not a case of my car not being fast enough to cause damage, as my car is one of the faster cars at the track (it's just the driver holding it back, as you know Kyle)...

I've had such good luck with my bumper, that if and when I wear it out I'll probably replace it with the same thing...it IS nice to know that the Parma is avaiable as an alternate choice though if needed..
Old 11-03-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracenut
I have seen that one, but it lists different spur sizes. I want one that lists different tire sizes with a fixed spur size. I know someone does it cause I visited the site but it was long time ago and I cant remember what it was called.
www.gearchart.com and set the option That says "Target Rollout Chart" to "Yes" As shown below:

And you will end up with this:

http://www.gearchart.com/images/rollout.pdf
Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

If you fill in the spur, pinion and tire diameter within an online setup sheet, it will automatically calculate the final drive ratio and rollout. Although the setup sheets already have 1.7 entered as the internal ratio for the FK05, you can change this number in the sheet and the FDR and rollout will be altered accordingly. It doesn't provide a gear chart you can print, but it helps for spot checks.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can get a roll out chart for the Xray sedan?
http://www.glasselevator.net/bob/node/214
Old 11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Chuck try this. Change .ZIP to .XLS
Old 11-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For you guys looking for a rollout sheet heres the one I made. It will fit on on sheet of paper if your margins are set right. I had to change the file extension to .zip, change it back to .xls (its in excel file) and it should work fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Copy of XRay rollout sheet.zip (57.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

New owner of the FK05 (still waiting from Stormerhobbies)........what was the problem of the Xray shocks..? Aren't they the same as the Serpent shocks..? Or they are different....cause I have cars like 710 to 950R and their shocks are pretty solid....not 1 single problem.

If I am going to use the RCC from 960....I need 4 FRONT RCC shock or 4 REAR RCC shock..? Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

WOW. So many replies. When I get home tonight I will have to try them. Thanks!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
New owner of the FK05 (still waiting from Stormerhobbies)........what was the problem of the Xray shocks..? Aren't they the same as the Serpent shocks..? Or they are different....cause I have cars like 710 to 950R and their shocks are pretty solid....not 1 single problem.

If I am going to use the RCC from 960....I need 4 FRONT RCC shock or 4 REAR RCC shock..? Thanks
To be honest, people say it leaks, its not smooth, etc etc. The Xray owners that I have known, the shock shafts are always looking a little damp, like a thin layer of oil on the shaft itself. Its a single o-ring designed shock. Either the o-ring is a wee bit too big, and not giving a good seal.

I'm happy with mine. Yeah, there is very little oil that comes out, but its not truely leaking.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

There is nothing wrong with the stock Xray shocks. I have run them for 3 months with no leaks and no oil changes. I am an expert driver and have no problems with them. Some people on here like to spend money and bling on the fk05, so they bought the serpent shocks and had to modify the car to make them fit.

Enjoy your Xray, dont waste your money on Serpent shocks. Get the multidiff (unless you run carpet, then just a reg. diff) and a battery strap and enjoy your sedan.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
what was the problem of the Xray shocks..?
Absolutely nothing!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The problem a lot of people have with the shocks is in building or rebuilding them. Several people, including myself, find it difficult to get them properly bleed which for those people makes initial shock building a pain and rebuilding even more pain!

There are two camps on this thread - One that have found a good routine for building/re-building the shocks and have grown to love them and one that hasn't and believes the less frustration in this hobby the better so they went with another brand of shocks that deliver an alternative solution.

Neither camp is right or wrong and we should learn a little more tolerance when people express their experiences.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Peeps here is a direct quote from Peter Robinson to me on how to build X-ray shocks, and it works great. Ever since following these instructions I have had no problems at all with my shocks.

Thank you Peter!!

1. put the bladders in the caps.
2. make sure the pistons are 4 holes open.
3. fill shock with oil.
4. pump the piston slowly up and down to get bubbles out.
5. wait a couple minutes.
6. push the pistons half way up so the oil in the body makes a little dome.
7. slowly screw the cap on.
8. wipe the oil and check the rebound, they should fully rebound, but slowly.
9. if you cant push the piston in, or they rebound too quick, crack the seal on the bottom of the shock (while holding the shock upside down) and push the shaft in, twist the cap back on, check the rebound again.
10. repeat step nine until all the shocks are the same. make sure the shocks are all 70.3-4mm, and your dialed
Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
The problem a lot of people have with the shocks is in building or rebuilding them. Several people, including myself, find it difficult to get them properly bleed which for those people makes initial shock building a pain and rebuilding even more pain!

There are two camps on this thread - One that have found a good routine for building/re-building the shocks and have grown to love them and one that hasn't and believes the less frustration in this hobby the better so they went with another brand of shocks that deliver an alternative solution.

Neither camp is right or wrong and we should learn a little more tolerance when people express their experiences.
Thats the way I see it as well.

Peter's fill/bleed steps are a much shorter version of the ones in the XRAY FAQ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.