BURN !!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

ouch lol that was funny
Old 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stonedgti
It slows down the transfer rate from side to side, thus giving you slower steering response. If the front of your car is reacting too fast on steering response, you can lengthen the linkage.
Thanks, is this the same theory for the rear also. Im running a short link now with a 2mm shim under the hub carrier. I forgot to mention that Im running anti dive in the front. Mid in the front and lower in the rear on the front of the car. Once again thanks for any help.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Midnight
Thanks, is this the same theory for the rear also. Im running a short link now with a 2mm shim under the hub carrier. I forgot to mention that Im running anti dive in the front. Mid in the front and lower in the rear on the front of the car. Once again thanks for any help.
For the front arms, if you are using the middle holes for the forward suspension holders and the lower holes for the rearward suspension holders, then you are actually using "kickup" a.k.a. "pro-dive" which speeds up the steering response. It is normally used to soak up bumps better as well. I would suppose that using longer links could be used with kickup to smooth out the steering response while soaking up bumps better. Longer links will also lessen the amount of camber gain on the tires when the front end rolls.

I believe the same is true for the rear. Longer links normally means a more stable and forgiving rear end to abrupt steering inputs.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

If I dont use the kick up the car seems twitchy ( touchy), what Im looking for is a way to keep the rear end planted and stop the car from spinning out. I tried stiffer springs (25) but it seems to make it more touchy. I thought about going from 22.5 to 20 but was afraid of traction roll.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

If I dont use the kick up the car seems twitchy ( touchy), what Im looking for is a way to keep the rear end planted and stop the car from spinning out. I tried stiffer springs (25) but it seems to make it more touchy. I thought about going from 22.5 to 20 but was afraid of traction roll.
ygpm
Old 08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Where in the corner and how exactly is the car spinning out? It sounds like your describing (twitchy) an imbalance in dampening from front to rear. How many holes are open in the front and rear shocks? You might try closing one hole in the front shocks and see if the car is more stable when you quickly flick it left/right/left/right.

I'm thinking that maybe the kickup is allowing the entire front end to dive and take more time for the weight to be transferred forward. In effect its slowing down the initial steering up front and allowing the rear end to catch up and not become unloaded.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
a bucket is enough for us...maybe its your driving that requires a skip full
Ouch

From anyone else i would laugh along... But not from the most random driver in the world
Old 08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 08-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

You mean you actullay replace the blades Matt?

Dosent that cost? LOL
Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

No he's to busy picking the rest of his car up!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I need to know how to pick up more mid corner steering. I like the turn going in and I like how it comes off the corner. The only problem I have is a slight push when picking up the throttle mid corner. I don't want to lose traction on exit and I really don't want the car to turn in harder it's just that split second mid corner when you first pick up the throttle. Someone suggested shortening up the front camber links to give more camber change for more mid corner steering. Does that sound right or is there a better adjustment first?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

if your still using the stok springs you could change the springs to light blues in the front and whites in the back that should give u the steering you need
Old 08-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
I need to know how to pick up more mid corner steering. I like the turn going in and I like how it comes off the corner. The only problem I have is a slight push when picking up the throttle mid corner. I don't want to lose traction on exit and I really don't want the car to turn in harder it's just that split second mid corner when you first pick up the throttle. Someone suggested shortening up the front camber links to give more camber change for more mid corner steering. Does that sound right or is there a better adjustment first?
try it, then do the opposite and lengthen the front camber link past where you have it now and let us know what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.