Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Wasnt that with 21.5 tho?
Old 10-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At one time, I believe that there WAS a specified gear ratio. I believe that it was 4.0.
Wasnt that with 21.5 tho?
Regardless, sounds like this rule is no longer in effect. My current FDR incidently is 3.6, but whatev- sounds like it doesn't matter anyway.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

dont forget guys to sign up for the USVTA National Points.... its a great way to support the organization and get some cool decals for your VTA GT and F1 rides, for ONLY $15 for the year

https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/
NutDriver likes this.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, new here. 20ish year hiatus has brought me back to R/C. I just met a few local guys at Apex in Murfreesboro and really got the itch to race VTA. My little girl has also taken an itch to it! We've purchased a few almost roller TC3 chassis on ebay and we're going to try to put together a few cars for VTA when they come in. The VTA rules on their page seem to be somewhat limited in explanation (for someone new like myself) , especially regarding types of ESCs you're allowed to use. I'm not going to lie....I might be in over my head since things have changed drastically in r/c since I was last in.

If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. We need motors, ESCs, servos, radios, batteries and chargers.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
dont forget guys to sign up for the USVTA National Points.... its a great way to support the organization and get some cool decals for your VTA GT and F1 rides, for ONLY $15 for the year

https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/
May be time to bring the #100 out of retirement.

Now if only there was a bit more focus and a bit less "let's run two different (not enough cars in either) 21.5 classes" going on at the local track (sigh)

Wish we could find the sweet spot with this stuff again... where everything doesn't have to be so over the top specialized (and seemingly, to a newbie) $$$ equipment. Or where the racers would actually unite with some sort of common goal or purpose, knowing that the fragmented "at all costs" approach from many is making this die out. Wish the track owner(s) would be able to come up with a plan as well... make a class, or classes... and stick to it. Don't be afraid to drive a handful of the always going to complain people off, do what you need to do to bring more people in. Maybe you lose the "I don't like losing in (X) class, so lets create our own four car (Y) class that I can race with my buddies and win... knowing that a year from now this class will be dead too" racers? So what, bye. Wish I had a solution, where we could take half a step back and not need the latest or greatest gear... could have a plentiful class, with enough heats to place people in accordingly sorted skill levels to welcome and encourage them to keep showing up.. to grow and progress.. and stick with the hobby. I miss seeing kids at the track on race-day. I miss being able to help the new people, spotting the ones that DO have a bit of talent... and not seeing the odd new person once in a blue moon before they get run off by the same one or two locals that every track inevitably has... the "get out of my way" guy or the "you'll never get anywhere with THAT" guy or the "I'm in a faster class, you should bow down before me and move over" during a practice run guy... we all have them, and it's sad that one or two people can greatly affect the whole. We need a place and a class where we can somewhat regulate the requirements and rules set in place, and accept them as a measure to try to keep things fair and not ridicuslously expensive... we should call it something too...

I wish.. I wish...
Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default SXT Smoke

SXT has released a break-in sauce. Anyone given it a shot on the PF VTA tires?
Old 10-16-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Florida VTA going strong ... just your average Sunday club race

ASM, qcrc, DARKSIDE and 3 others like this.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT

Nice collection of VTA cars. But a C2 Vette with a wing? At least two major problems with that. Reminds me of TEGWAR from the movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" (TEGWAR stands for "The exciting game without any rules!")
Old 10-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

nice pic, just missing the pink and blue cuda

Last edited by fermanracer; 10-16-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm recommissioning an old Schumacher Mi-3.5 I picked up last season (3 chassis + a ton of spares) in VTA trim for our local club 25.5 Scale Spec class. Hoping to generate some interest and maybe get a small group w/in SS running some cars "in the spirit" of VTA. A little something to break up the sea of late model Camaros & ATS-Vs that tended to proliferate the field when I attended last season. But then again, I'm slow (and rusty) anyways and not of a "win at all costs" mentality. I'm in this to have fun...and probably break a few parts.

qcrc, glennhl and ImacFanatic like this.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glennhl
Nice collection of VTA cars. But a C2 Vette with a wing? At least two major problems with that. Reminds me of TEGWAR from the movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" (TEGWAR stands for "The exciting game without any rules!")
Us floridians don't have a problem with it, it's period correct and besides lets not forget ... we are a bunch of old men playing with toy cars. We also race HPI & Protoform tires lol
Old 10-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fermanracer
nice pic, just missing the pink and blue cuda
The pink cuda was grounded, it did make a appearance on Monday night at Quaker
Old 10-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

The pink cuda was grounded, it did make a appearance on Monday night at Quaker
​​​​​​​nice to know who wears the pants in that relationship. Next time I'll call and ask to see if you can come out and race. Lol.
Texas Postman likes this.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

just wanted to say thank you to all the USVTA racers for supporting the class....
Old 10-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Us floridians don't have a problem with it, it's period correct and besides lets not forget ... we are a bunch of old men playing with toy cars. We also race HPI & Protoform tires lol
The C2 vette never raced TransAm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.