Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaya
Defcone, would you mind sharing the part number of the yokomo bd-5 rr belt that you use. I just snap my rr belt a while ago & would like to try another one.

TIA
YOKBD189L
Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

How to calculate gear ratio? Is there a chart or something?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gawith0413
How to calculate gear ratio? Is there a chart or something?
Spur/Pinion * 1.9

So if you are running a 112 spur and a 30 pinion, you divide 112 by 30 (which is 3.73) and multiply that by the internal ratio of the car, which is 1.9. So your FDR would be 7.09.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone had a problem with the front solid composite axle assembly? I just got a 2012 T3 kit and while trying to assemble the front solid composite axle I found that the screws the instructions tell you to use to tighten down the outdrives into the composite axle just drop right in and fall right out of the axle, they do not grab anything. Is the front axle hole supposed to be threaded because mine is not. I tried contacting xray but they just seem to not read my emails very well and they are trying to blame me for over tightening the screw but the screw never grabbed to begin with so I'm not sure how I can strip a hole that the screw never grabbed in to begin with, either that or the screws they sent were the wrong size and after putting my caliper on them, the screw measured 2.95 instead of 3mm, but I would think that's not enough of a difference to not grab at all. Has any one else ran into this problem?? Is the front axle supposed to be threaded inside ??

Last edited by Snotbyrd; 04-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Snotbyrd
has anyone had a problem with the front solid composite axle assembly? I just got a 2012 T3 kit and while trying to assemble the front solid composite axle I found that the screws the instructions tell you to use to tighten down the outdrives into the composite axle just drop right in and fall right out of the axle, they do not grab anything. Is the front axle hole supposed to be threaded because mine is not. I tried contacting xray but they just seem to not read my emails very well and they are trying to blame me for over tightening the screw but the screw never grabbed to begin with so I'm not sure how I can strip a hole that the screw never grabbed in to begin with, either that or the screws they sent were the wrong size and after putting my caliper on them, the screw measured 2.95 instead of 3mm, but I would think that's not enough of a difference to not grab at all. Has any one else ran into this problem?? Is the front axle supposed to be threaded inside ??
Try a longer screw?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

No, there is no thread. It's created as you screw into the composite section of the pulley.

Put the screw through the outdrive so there is some thread sticking through (can't remember how much) now start to screw it into the pulley, SLOWLY.
As the screw works it's way in you will see the outdrive slowly get pulled into pulley, this helps you to know when to stop.
Make sure you put the bearings on first
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The screws are 10mm long 3mm button heads. The threads will be created as you tighten down the screw.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Can someone give me a starting point for a very large track 225' straight
Spur/pinion ( probably 8.5 or 7.5 motor)
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bosfan
Can someone give me a starting point for a very large track 225' straight
Spur/pinion ( probably 8.5 or 7.5 motor)
boost? non boost?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
boost? non boost?
Preferred non boost but maybe both
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

try starting with about a 7.0 without boost. Not entirely sure on the non-boost because i have never run 7.5 without, i usually run boosted 7.5 or 4.0 but for boosted i would start around 8.2ish and work from there based on temps and how much boost you are running, you can adjust boost or change gears.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks to all for your responses, OK the axle hole threads as you screw the screw in, I get that ( not my first kit). The problem is that the hole in the axle your supposed to screw into is too big and the screws don't grab on any material to thread into, they just flop right out. I didn't over tighten as the screw doesn't grab anything it just drops all the way in and then falls all the way out.
Xray is being little to no help as they keep saying things like I over tightened it but again the screws never grabbed anything to thread into so i can't over tightened. has anybody else had this problem with their kits?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

thanks to all for your responses, OK the axle hole threads as you screw the screw in, I get that ( not my first kit). The problem is that the hole in the axle your supposed to screw into is too big and the screws don't grab on any material to thread into, they just flop right out. I didn't over tighten as the screw doesn't grab anything it just drops all the way in and then falls all the way out.
Xray is being little to no help as they keep saying things like I over tightened it but again the screws never grabbed anything to thread into so i can't over tightened. has anybody else had this problem with their kits?
I comprehend what you are saying, the hole the screw goes into is too big, I had one that wouldn't tighten on one side, fortunately for me, I have lots of Xray spares so it wasn't a problem

I can only suggest you get a new spool, if you use bigger screws you'll most likely expand & distort the material, if you were in Australia, I'd send one to you...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had one small problem with my kit where one of the screws that secures the spur gear to the axle had no thread on it, but other than that the build was perfect.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

if any one whats parts cheap for the xray t3 2012 let me know, pm me I have tons of parts I am selling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.