Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi Marek,

The belt napping is probably related as much to driving technique as it is setup. I've not managed to snap a belt since September, racing is similar high grip environments and just being careful with throttle applications.

What sort of motor/track conditions do you race in?
X12 5.5 modified rubber sorex 28 high grip carpet / medium asphalt
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duzgit
hey guys,

I also finished my new t3 '12 last week, now everything is setup but didn't have a chance to test the car yet. However the parts quality is awesome and booklet is clear, I really liked it.

I have only one question, the rear small AL. bulks which gives the toe in.. During the assambly of it when I screwed these small bulks, I recognized that they move a little which changes the rear toe angle..After the assambly I found out that the rear right toe in is 3mm and rear left toe in is 2.5mm ..I am sure that I assambled everything correct way double checked already.. There is some variation I guess, have you guys seen such issue or is it normal?

Many thanks in advance.
What is the deal with the 2012 rear toe issues? I have seen this time and time again! I have never had this problem on my 2011.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Can't find the video you mentioned.

I also found the problem with the rear toe using Integy's system which I had before.
yes we have checked the issue with the setup board which has ruler and other equip connected to shafts without wheels.

actually it is not the measuring issue, when assambling the small bulks, if you rotate it a bit and screw like that it is kept pointing different toe angle..when you unscrew and screw again, it is different toe angle ...it is the bulk itself.

check out the xray instruction manual page 10, top picture it says "the rear aliminum holders have integrated rear toe in" as you can see the red line angle changes everytime you unscrew these bulks and screw again...weird.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

This is my first Xray I didn't have any problems with the rear toe both show 3
Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j dogg
Hi make sure u have the rear hinge pin holders on right if u look at them the flat side should b facing the bulk heads .my buddy had the same problem and that was it.
thanks jeff.
hi mate, thanks for your information, I have double checked , they are correct, as I have mentioned in my above post, they are directly realted with the Al. bulks itself.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Emil
Did you check this with setup wheels and a ruler? If you search youtube you can see Collari pointing out a minor imperfection in the HUDY setup system which gives an inaccurate reading of toe-in. I have heard other top drivers state the same.

Just my two cents.

- Emil
Do you have a link of that video?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
If I want 1.5 of negative camber I set it at 2 on the Hudy. Not sure on toe.

Last edited by haywood; 01-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

yes we have checked the issue with the setup board which has ruler and other equip connected to shafts without wheels.

actually it is not the measuring issue, when assambling the small bulks, if you rotate it a bit and screw like that it is kept pointing different toe angle..when you unscrew and screw again, it is different toe angle ...it is the bulk itself.

check out the xray instruction manual page 10, top picture it says "the rear aliminum holders have integrated rear toe in" as you can see the red line angle changes everytime you unscrew these bulks and screw again...weird.
hi mate, thanks for your information, I have double checked , they are correct, as I have mentioned in my above post, they are directly realted with the Al. bulks itself.
I have also noticed before that there is a small difference in the rear single piece block, it seems very slightly offset to one side when measured against the main rear bulkheads.

Skiddins
Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by morgoth

Sorry it was Salven not Collari but here is the link:

Try http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...1135l0.6.1l7l0.

- Emil
Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.vbcracing.com/Main.html#/tuning_kits.html

Hum... the T32 both "F" and "S" looks slick. Ordered both and can't wait to try it.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Emil
Sorry it was Salven not Collari but here is the link:

Try http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...1135l0.6.1l7l0.

- Emil
Do you mean this one? I've seen it last week, but he doesn't explain why it's wrong unfortuately. Mine reads 3° on each side of my T3, but I haven't tried it with a ruler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFfD...&feature#t=436
Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Turnbuckle positioning!!

Hi guys,

One of the more common setup changes on the xray is altering the upper turnbuckle position and therefore affecting the cars rollcenter and camber change. Could someone please give a detailed explanation of how altering the height and angle of the turnbuckle using shims affects the cars handling?

thanks!!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi guys,

One of the more common setup changes on the xray is altering the upper turnbuckle position and therefore affecting the cars rollcenter and camber change. Could someone please give a detailed explanation of how altering the height and angle of the turnbuckle using shims affects the cars handling?

thanks!!
+1. Just need an understanding on the following issuse as well, and if someone can explain it to me like I am a two year old, my english in not good,
Making the top links longer in front does what ?
Making the top links longer in rear does what ?
Adding shims to the front inner link on bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer front link on the c hub does what?
Adding shims to the inner rear ling on the bulk head does what?
Adding shims to the outer rear link on the hub does what?
Making the front wider then the rear does what?
Making the rear wider then the front does what?
I read the triple x setup guide, and it was gibberish to me, so thanks in advance for helping with these questions
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
+1. Just need an understanding on the following issuse as well, and if someone can explain it to me like I am a two year old, my english in not good,
I read the triple x setup guide, and it was gibberish to me, so thanks in advance for helping with these questions
OK here we go...

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Longer links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Flatter links lowers the roll center, also less camber gain and typically decreases traction

More angled links will raise the roll center, provides more camber gain and typically increases traction

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Increasing the track width will make that end of the car more stable and will typically generate less lateral grip.

Flatter links in general are considered stiffer and angled links are considered softer...

Remember whatever change you do will effect the overall balance of the car, so you are not just effecting one side or end of the car!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
OK here we go...

Flatter links in general are considered stiffer and angled links are considered softer...

Remember whatever change you do will effect the overall balance of the car, so you are not just effecting one side or end of the car!
Great discription thanks very much
Also on the subject I ran across this on the xray site - also very useful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.