Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  #2611  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

What are the pros and cons of the adjustable pistons and do the pros outweigh the cons? Thanks.
or8ital is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
  #2612  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,325
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.

hanulec is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM
  #2613  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.
Any chance you have a pic with a xray driveshaft sitting inside?
defcone is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 PM
  #2614  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (102)
 
olhipster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Far away from Covid19 but close to 20
Posts: 4,129
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital
What are the pros and cons of the adjustable pistons and do the pros outweigh the cons? Thanks.
adjustable pistons only pro is the ease of being able to change make a quick change to the shock oil flow. Thats it.
no other advantage...
they tend to get loose and change setting after crash/etc.
more parts inside the shock...etc.

always go with fixed pistons...no disadvantage...build it and leave it.

Xray shock are very good...when they are built correctly.
olhipster1 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:17 PM
  #2615  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
mike ivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Comin at ya from a distant galaxy
Posts: 2,931
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guy's,


I got to try out these Nikita Outdrives On my Xray T3. I was very impressed with how they worked and the Quality of the machining.
mike ivy is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM
  #2616  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,325
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Pic of initial finishing Nikita V3 installed in Mike Ivy's XRay T3'11/12 with Spec-R drive shafts (equivalent to XRay 50mm)

hanulec is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 PM
  #2617  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by olhipster1
adjustable pistons only pro is the ease of being able to change make a quick change to the shock oil flow. Thats it.
no other advantage...
they tend to get loose and change setting after crash/etc.
more parts inside the shock...etc.

always go with fixed pistons...no disadvantage...build it and leave it.

Xray shock are very good...when they are built correctly.
Thank you. That's what I figured.
or8ital is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
  #2618  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
New Nikita V3 outdrives now available at www.sidepieceracing.com/products/nikita/. They feature a 90 degree offset to further reduce wear and tear on the drive line. The outdrives are designed for 50mm drive shafts, but might fit 52mm shafts depending upon arm spacing. The depth of the U cut is similar to the original manufacturing run.
I tested the V3's in my car with 2.0/1.5mm spacing and there was plenty of clearance with 50mm ECS's (xray ones). They worked great, can't wait for my shiney set to get installed

Also added a "seis" fan this weekend.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
  #2619  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I tested the V3's in my car with 2.0/1.5mm spacing and there was plenty of clearance with 50mm ECS's (xray ones). They worked great, can't wait for my shiney set to get installed

Also added a "seis" fan this weekend.
Did you try 52mm's?
defcone is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 PM
  #2620  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by defcone
Did you try 52mm's?
I don't have them, I never understood why anyone needed them other than that hagberg runs them so they must be better The SPR outdrives work well with 50's even up to 2.25mm spacing.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
  #2621  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I don't have them, I never understood why anyone needed them other than that hagberg runs them so they must be better The SPR outdrives work well with 50's even up to 2.25mm spacing.
I run them because they came with the kit and the cheap alternatives to esc's (Spec-r) are 52mm lol.
defcone is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:54 PM
  #2622  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,325
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by defcone
I run them because they came with the kit and the cheap alternatives to esc's (Spec-r) are 52mm lol.
the picture i've included includes the SPEC-R -- which are like 50mm, not 52mm.
hanulec is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
  #2623  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,433
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
the picture i've included includes the SPEC-R -- which are like 50mm, not 52mm.
Ummmm....Hanulec There's something missing....Top now huh? You selling your 2012?
NolanP is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
  #2624  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,325
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NolanP
Ummmm....Hanulec There's something missing....Top now huh? You selling your 2012?
never owned a 2012. last XRay was a T3 (2010). i'm just filling a product gap -- good outdrives!
hanulec is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
  #2625  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
never owned a 2012. last XRay was a T3 (2010). i'm just filling a product gap -- good outdrives!
Any plans for a similar product for the gear diff? It seems like everytime I'm replacing that plastic bit, only half of it is used.
defcone is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.