Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Default Locking a centre one way

Dear All,
I have just bought a centre one way. Is there a way to lock it so it performs exactly like a locked layshaft? Drat I wish it used 2 one way bearings instead of one

Thanks.

~Alvin
Old 02-25-2002, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Default US Spec Carbon Chassis

Aurra,
if you happen to be around can you tell me if the US Carbon Spec chassis fits the TA04R precisely (no dremel etc)?

Because it seems I may have access to get a set. The person selling mentioned there was no need to run the metal centre pieces as the chassis is already very rigid. So now I'm like torn between buying the chassis VS buying more batteries. Thanks.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-25-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Alvin - The Saddle chassis fits perfectly with the TA04R (I used it on the TA04R in fact.) There's no problems with the belt being too tight, or anything. HOWEVER, you will need to find flat head screws and chassis posts for the front holes of the rear bulkhead. The chassis posts are critical.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Hi Aurra,
Thanks for the tip. Guess I will not be getting the carbon chassis soon - I doubt I can find the posts to support it in the centre.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Minor Weight Loss Tip

Dear 04 racers,
Bought speedmind battery straps to replace the stock battery hold downs. The straps allow us to remove the 2 plastic hold downs, 4 body clips and the 4 screws mounted on the moulded chassis posts. Saves a bit of weight (Fully loaded, my 04 weights 1620g previously).

Some batteries are smaller sized and tend to bounce up and down, the strap eliminates the variable space found between the battery and the hold down, allowing it to hug the lower chassis very tightly.

Another plus point is that using the battery straps it kinda forces you to tighten up the straps - much lesser chance of forgetting to place the battery hold down before setting the car down on the track.

I did exactly that in my last race, and DNF'd my main by having the battery fly out. And damaged a good, abeit unmatched battery.

HTHs.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-27-2002, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Minor Weight Loss Tip

Alvin,

I am from Singapore too but have never met you before. Can you tell me where you got the batt strap??

melvin

Originally posted by Alvin
Dear 04 racers,
Bought speedmind battery straps to replace the stock battery hold downs. The straps allow us to remove the 2 plastic hold downs, 4 body clips and the 4 screws mounted on the moulded chassis posts. Saves a bit of weight (Fully loaded, my 04 weights 1620g previously).

Some batteries are smaller sized and tend to bounce up and down, the strap eliminates the variable space found between the battery and the hold down, allowing it to hug the lower chassis very tightly.

Another plus point is that using the battery straps it kinda forces you to tighten up the straps - much lesser chance of forgetting to place the battery hold down before setting the car down on the track.

I did exactly that in my last race, and DNF'd my main by having the battery fly out. And damaged a good, abeit unmatched battery.

HTHs.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-27-2002, 03:42 AM
F&K
Tech Adept

Hey guys,
I am new in TA04. Can anybody tell me the different between the TA04 Pro & TA04R version?. Are they interchangeable? Handling wise, which is better? Can't decide which to get
Old 02-27-2002, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The 04 and the 04R are from the same chassis family...Biggest difference - the 04R comes with pretty much all the needed/improvement hop-ups available from tamiya

the 04R comes with:
a carbon fiber tub chassis (04 comes with a cruddy plastic chassis)
CVD-like universals front and rear (04 come with dog bones)
a grgaphite upper deck (04 comes with a plastic upper deck)
full bearings (04 bearings varies from drive-train to none to most)
aluminum motor heat sink (04 come with a alumium non-finned heat sink)
turnbuckles all over (04 no turnbuckles)
ball diff front and rear (again, depending on which 04 you bought gear diff or possible ball diffs)
5 deg front hub carries (04 has 10 deg carriers)
2 deg rear toe-in hub carrier (04 comes with 0 deg)
droop screws (not on 04 chassis)
threaded TRF shock bodies (04 plastic shock bodies)
yellow springs and sway bars (04 - either silver or gold springs and no sway bars)

the 04R is a better deal for the money...Much better deal than the pro kit
Old 02-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Hi Melvin,
I believe we have met in 27/2's race, you were pitting beside Kasey right? Not formally introduced yet

Anyhow, those were speedmind stuff, I got from Swan. Price no idea, got a bunch of stuff from there too...
Old 02-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

F&K- go with the 04-R, for $30 more you get all the goodies and that sweet carbon fibre looking alteeza body....well worth the money.

BTW: K forgot to mention that the 04 comes with 8 deg. caster blocks and the 04-r has 5 deg. units and torque rods to stiffen up the front end.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:29 AM
F&K
Tech Adept

Hey guys,
Tks for the reply! But if I am not wrong, TA04 Pro had came out with a blue edition type with some option blue aluminum parts. The price is also quite attractive. Handling wise, what do you guys think is better!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get the ta04r, blue doesn't get you very far at the last tcs race in brookfield WI with over 160 entries (new tcs record) the top 2 cars in gt2 were brand new box stock ta04r kits I know I drove one of them the top car in gt1 was also the same ta04r that was run in gt2 same car same setup box stock wooped everyone else's pro's now maybe you will have an idea of the car potential
Old 02-27-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Alvin,

I read your past post and see you bought some tamiya turnbuckles.

Do you know the part number for the turnbuckles that are 23mm??

is the turnbuckles that are 18mm long called "Ta04 turnbuckle upper arm set"???

Please reply, Thanks
Old 02-27-2002, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does anyone have the part number for the lightweight diff halves

thanks
Jesse
Old 02-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by KINGZJ
does anyone have the part number for the lightweight diff halves

thanks
Jesse
part number 53480

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.