Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Alvin,

I read your past post and see you bought some tamiya turnbuckles.

Do you know the part number for the turnbuckles that are 23mm??

is the turnbuckles that are 18mm long called "Ta04 turnbuckle upper arm set"???

Please reply, Thanks
Hi man,
I bought the TA04 Upper Link hop up, it came with 2 23mm and 2 18mm. HTHs.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Anyone know how long is the hop-up 53457 TA04 turnbuckle tie rod set??

Also, for the 23mm long turnbuckle tie rods, if I want to upgrade it to lunsford turnbuckle set, what's the best size to get??? Lunsford doesn't seem to make any 3mmx23mm turnbuckles... and i'm not so sure 1 inch ones are 3mms. Any inputs??
Old 02-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default TA-04PRO Blue Collection

F&K,

It is a close call between the PRO Blue Collection and the R - the PRO and R both actually have similar handling, the R offers more tuning as it has turnbuckles and torque bar. The main advantage of the PRO BC is that you not only get all the nice blue anodized aluminium parts (as well as the blue dish wheels), but the kit includes all the original pro parts plus a new Tamiya Type T Stock motor - i.e. you have some instant shares if you need them. In Singapore, the Pro BC costs marginally more than the R chassis kit and is about the same price as the R Kit with the Altezza body. I think all 3 kits are pretty good and it is up to the individual to decide which they prefer.

Old 02-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Took some pics of my 04...

Old 03-02-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Default Anti Roll Bar Tips?

Dear All,
Been testing anti roll bars recently. Finally able to "feel" the effect of the arb. The key point i feel is the grub screws used to hold down the roll bar. Different hardness roll bar e.g. red, has very thin profile VS blue, which is the stiffest and is thicker. I had to adjust the grub screws pretty carefully.... i guess this is why previously my tests with the roll bar were not fruitful.

Question: Do you guys feel the front roll bars are stronger? I have to run like Yellow Front and Blue Rear, if not running blue front and rear will induce understeer in the car.

Thanks.

~Alvin
Old 03-03-2002, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

not necessarily stronger, what you are finding is full truth though, the sway bar actually limits the traction on the side of the car you install it on. So a stiff bar on the front will give you a push. Too hard on the rear and you get oversteer.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

:64 PITCH(ENGLISH) IS ACTUALLY .39 MODULE(METRIC) VERY CLOSE TO .4 MODULE

Last edited by victor; 03-04-2002 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Hi all,

Anyone who owns a TA04R, please tell me all the length of the turnbuckles used in the TA04R.

There should be 8 of them right??? Please check your instruction and tell me how long they are.

Also, does any one know how long are this?
TA04 Turnbuckle Tie-Rod Set 53457

Are they 23mm ones??
Old 03-07-2002, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default New TA04R carbon tub

Just got the new TA04R carbon tub chassis with the battery cut outs (part #53494). It's definitely lighter than the original carbon tub, not only because of the cut outs, but because it seems thinner (subjective judgement only) and because three of the molded posts were eliminated in the new design. Tamiya packages one silver aluminum post that goes in the center of the front section just behind the servo and the instructions label this as an option to increase steering (?). The two posts at the front of the battery section and the post in front of the servo are gone. When we put it together, the car has more flex, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your view.

At least this tub is long enough not to stretch the belt . . .
Old 03-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Have any of you tried using hopup parts from the YM34v3 or Type T that Integy sells?

Looks like the center one way and the front one way will work on this car as well.......the top deck looks identical.

Anybody have a chance to compare the two side by side? Pics would be GREAT if possible.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

coolrcdad - I've have the new chassis and I havent noticed any chassis flex...Yes the chassis is lighter and thinner than the original...But I have not seen the chassis flex that you seem to think is in the new set-up

BTW I'm not running the extra center post...All Tamiya cars have more than enuff steering as if
Old 03-08-2002, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Wierd Anti Roll Bar behavior...

Hi dudes,
Noticed something very strange on my car.

Right now it is setup for good turn it, but through the apex it cannot "pull" through, i.e. understeer... adjusting front downstop more negative helped though it changes handling for turn in.

What I did was use the red roll bar for the front, the car's understeer out of the corner went away

Went up to yellow front and well, it induced understeer. Any idea or theory why?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I'm should be getting my 04R next week if everything
goes well.
I'm planning to use a Hitec servo for steering duties.
What I want to know is does Tamiya inlude servo horns
to fit Hitec servos?

I know Kyosho has included Hitec horns in their kits,
but what about Tamiya.

Also I'd like to know whether I can use a
different brand of spur other than Tamiya's.

Thanx
Old 03-10-2002, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Fit: AFAIK no... I am using the included Futaba horn, and basically stuffed it onto the servo. Been using it for nearly 2 months, held up for 2 races.

Uh, I'm using tamiya, kawada, HPI, kimbrough and various brands of spurs.... as long as they are 128t or 120t, 64p. They all fit like the kit spurs.

Unless of course the particular race you attend specifies you must use tamiya?
Old 03-11-2002, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok guys I have a problem maybe you can help!!!!!!!

on my ta04r I need to run a 124 tooth spur and about a 32 pinion. (this is for gearing for a 10x2 ) the stock motor plate does not allow any less than about a 36 pinion. I am not sure if it is legal to modify the motor plate (for tcs) the reason this is a issue is because I run the car in gt1 and 2 and running in gt2 requires you not to cut or modify any parts. I could change to a bigger spur but it is kind of a pain because you really don't have that much time between races and the 124 works the best for stock.

any ideas or pics of a modification would be great please post here or send to [email protected]

thanks
jesse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.