Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Stockton

Not much to say about today...I was pretty busy with my 12L4 in 1/12th stock to get to any pictures.

Did buy one 4-cell pack of the GP3700 cells and built it in time to run in the third round of qualifiers. Wow! Great voltage and punch. Had 233 seconds of run time remaining after the 8 minute run. Probably going to do all new 3600 or 3700 cells in my JRX-S.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rocketron
most important here was that the spektrum did not glitch - but there was an issue found that resulted in a slight delay or lag. as fast as these cars go that lag was very interesting. but it was not a glitch. this lag became very apparent racing on carpet because the intensity and speed the cars run and precision use to race. nough said here

the Spektrum Technology is a welcome advancement
I didnt mean to put it down at all, I'll get one before long I'm sure, but honestly, I do like how tiny my stock KO reciever is, that's what's keeping it in the cars lol
Old 03-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Spectrum

one of our better TC drivers got his Spectrum sys and sold it the following week. i asked him why about it at todays race. he said in mod TC he noticed a lag in throt response. he had others try it and they noticed it to. he went back to regular FM stuff....lag is gone.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

LOL.....I uderstand there is an update that fixes this problem that people think they are having.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

At the risk of being flamed for even suggesting this thought (as I'm a Losi car lover), but a fellow racer has suggested to me that the new car might not be as good as originally thought.

Why has Losi lost several of it's top drivers recently? Do you think it could be because they might believe the new car is not up to the competition?

Would be interesting to hear some real comments on this, and not just the “Losi Propaganda” you get from the "Losi groupies".
Old 03-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Peter -

I know I'm going to get abused for this reply (perhaps not by you)but here goes...

When I first saw pictures of this car I was really impressed, I made up my mind instantly that this would be the TC for me.

But... as time went by, there were some results that I felt weren't good enough, then the delays, then the few drivers leaving...

so I began again to study the pictures I had very hard trying to examine the whole thought process that came up with this design...

And I determined that first and foremost this car was designed with central weight balance in mind, left to right, front to back (yeah I know you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out).. but it looks to me that the rest of the car is too much of a compromise in order to meet those initial design specs.

If you have the motor, servo and cells down the middle, then you've got no option but to run very wide diffs to get the belts around the other objects. And once you have very wide diffs in place (with big pulleys) then you find you're restricted in suspension design because there just isn't any more room around the bottom of the diffs to put the arms/arm mounts.

We have noticed in touring cars (and buggies before that) that after a while designs tend to stagnate as manufacturers get closer to the "perfect" car, but to have something so radical is to me odd, either Losi has got it right and EVERYONE else has it wrong or Losi have gambled on design based on the percieved advantage on such a weight distribution, and wanted to achieve that, regardless of what gets compromised in the process.

I'm not saying that I don't think the car is crap, with more set-up time it may be the car to beat.... I'm just glad I've decided that I'm not going to be the one to find out whether it works or not.

I will say I hope it works, firstly because it means another choice for the serious racer, and secondly, any success it has is likely to deter the current design technique of "cloning" the 415
Old 03-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Spectrum

Originally posted by fast-ho-cars
one of our better TC drivers got his Spectrum sys and sold it the following week. i asked him why about it at todays race. he said in mod TC he noticed a lag in throt response. he had others try it and they noticed it to. he went back to regular FM stuff....lag is gone.
that was a documented software problem (the lag) and if anyone has a spektrum especially the first of the M8's it should be sent in for an update/upgrade.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Glad to hear the glitching problem on the rug was resolved. I dont really know why but Im still a little skeptical of the system, I'll propably run my regular stuff a while longer just to be sure all the bugs get fixed (if there are any) before I get a Spektrum.
I hope that the problem is resolved across the board. I saw a couple more spektrum until at the track yesterday and no one seemed to have had any problems (so far) I hope that the people with the problems get theirs fixed in a timely manner and returned to them problem free. Next weekend will be yet another test since we will be racing back at speedworld where we sometime experience a glitch here and there.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 2-Bad
At the risk of being flamed for even suggesting this thought (as I'm a Losi car lover), but a fellow racer has suggested to me that the new car might not be as good as originally thought.

Why has Losi lost several of it's top drivers recently? Do you think it could be because they might believe the new car is not up to the competition?

Would be interesting to hear some real comments on this, and not just the “Losi Propaganda” you get from the "Losi groupies".
Todd Hodge Explained a few pages back why 2 drivers moved on.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Jrxs Bill, those are some great pictures, The car looks so radical, I think the car will work great, I have yet to see a losi kit not work good
Old 03-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

bender: I don't see anything in there that should get you abused. You spoke honestly about your opinion. And while YES, around here that CAN get you attacked, I would at least hope that people whould read and try to understand what you said before attacking.

Personally, I don't think the design is too much of a compromise. No more of a compromise than putting the cells all on one side because a shaft has to go down the middle. But I have to admit that I didn't think the Pro 3 was as much of a failure as most people thought it was. I thought HPI's chassis choice was the biggest failure. Once the car went to a serious, stiff chassis, it was much better. So in that regard, I see the JRX-S as an improvement on what HPI just touched the surface on.

As I've said before, I don't particularly care about the what the team drivers do. Win or lose....change teams or stay...doesn't matter to me, as I don't see it applying to the everyday racer and his/her experiences with a car. Those guys race in a whole different world compared to the average weekend racer.

As for the "415 clones", I say if your going to clone something, at least your cloning a great car! I don't think those cars are as close to each other as some like to make out, but even if they are, no one car is ever a complete copy.

With that said, I must admit that one of the reasons I wanted the Losi and have waited so long for it, is because it is different. It will catch a few eyes in the pit, just like my KX-1 did. And to me, that as much fun as racing... Now whether 'different' will also 'work' we'll have to see......
Old 03-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not too worried about any performance compromises with the car. Having seen Kinwald, Easton, The Law, and Tyree Philips running the car on many occasions, I'm not worried at all.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:37 PM
The Evicerator

Old 03-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Today i was at hobby chamber and watched andrew gray run the losi car in person and after talking with him for awhile and watching the car perform. I must say im impressed at how smooth this car is. quote from andrew if you get this car you wont be dissappointed i just feel props to losi for being on the cutting edge really cant wait to drive my self. from watching it i can safely say weight transfer is incredable. just my 2 cents
Old 03-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

I drove one today...SMOOTH!
-Buddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.