Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Martin Hofer
I think Peak/Orion/Tamiya get their Motors from an independent manufactur.
Motor cans are made by a japanese company (Sagami ? ) endbells are made in Switzerland by Orion
Old 03-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

yes maybe
Old 03-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Re: Losi----Tamiya...........

Originally posted by stumper
So whats the deal with the two Losi drivers going over to Tamiya. Is it a money thing or are they un-happy with the JRX-S???
I was wondering the same thing. Although I believe it may be remote, could it actually be that they dont think the new car is an improvement over the xxx-s? Unfortunately we may never know the truth. I am a big Losi fan and want this new release to be sucessful for them. Guys like Todd Hodge make great representatives for the company and always appear accessable. I just really wonder if this car is going to be able to compete with the Xray who like it's full size counterpart, BMW has set the gold standard for competitive rc cars. Todd can you shed any light on the Rick and David?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default BMW and Xray

Ginsu,

How is BMW Xray's full sized counterpart?

Orion supplies the 9 turn motors that Tamiya sells as their own, as well as sponsoring the top Tamiya drivers. Doesn't Rick Howart run Orion USA?

I can say from now owning a 415, the car is nice to drive, easier than the XXX-S, but probably not as quick outright, at least at my level. The new JRXS should be a great car, but because it is a radical (in RC) new design, it's going to take some time to get to grips with. Losi has some of the best drivers in the business, and they are all great setup guys, I don't doubt this car will be a contender. Drivers moving teams seems to be more business related than performance related.

Mike
Old 03-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

I just hope people stay open minded about tring new things in the setup side. This is a different car. Different cars require new thinking
Old 03-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Regional Moderator

I don't get why people care about the drivers moving anyway... Does it really matter? I mean, if one of these drivers said "I'm leaving because I don't like this new car..." are people really going to suddenly cancel their preorder?

Besides, this isn't like back in the day when Kinwald switch to Losi, that was a big deal then. Now a days, drivers change teams so often, AND THERE ARE SOOOOO MANY SPONSORED DRIVERS NOW, its hardly a blip on the radar.

And in most cases, both the driver and the team left behind, move on and do just as well without one another.

Which once again proves that...

1. there isn't as much difference between these race quality cars as people like to believe.

2. the pro drivers can pretty much drive anything...

So, given the truth behind those two things, I can't believe that any driver's sole reason for switching teams is just for car reasons...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Wisdome from our friend Darkseid! Thanks Exactly my thoughts. Execpt for one thing. People will cancel there preorder becase there favorit driver swithes teams......I have seen this, but not very often.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: BMW and Xray

Originally posted by SCML
Ginsu,

How is BMW Xray's full sized counterpart?

How? Xray has a reputation for quality in manufacturering that far exceeds its comtemporaries. BMW is a car that other full size auto makers try to emulate. It was just an analogy. I guess you missed that one, no big deal. I too believe that it would be rare for a driver to leave because he did not like a new design, which ultimately would hamper thier ability to win races. I think Spashett is a gifted and loyal driver and I would love to know the behind the scenes story on his departure from Losi....thanks

Mike
Old 03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well its not just the Tamiya switch either. What about Dumas? Didnt he run a Losi too?? I could really care less either way. I was just simply see what others thought about it.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

The car has proven to be very dominant on carpet and on asphalt. A couple of cars made the main at the "World's" and Paul L. TQ'd Cleveland with one. Not to forget several other JRXS' in the main.

Speculation: I do not know the full story on some of the Facotry Driver's making a change, but I can tell you that a couple of the driver's made the move because of a job opportunity. As much as we love racing these cars we still have to make a living. If you have a chance to work for an RC Manufacturer and race..... That's a perfect world scenario for some.....
Old 03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry Ginsu, I thought there was a real world relationship that I had missed, not an analogy.

BMW's race engineering is non existent in the last... nearly 8 years, other than engines for Formula 1. That is no mean feat, but it isn't what other full sized car manufacturers try to emulate.

I'm a long time BMW fan, and I agree their engineering and manufacturing is top notch. Although, if you are comparing competitive engineering and manufacturing between full sized and R/C cars available to the public, Porsche is the only car maker that could be considered setting a gold standard, IMHO. You might also get differing opinions on the who is best in R/C, brand loyalty plays a big role it seems.

Mike
Old 03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Ginsu it's not a car thing it's a money thing. Plain and simple. Remember these guys are Paid to drive. Sometimes you get offers that are just too good to pass up.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

what about 1-2 more days till the car is shipped now?
Old 03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Did anybody else notice that Horizon's Parts Listing (not the Optional Accesories page) lists four different sizes of shock pistons and seven different stiffness springs? I can't imagine the car is coming with all of those. Could someone from Losi please clarify what springs and pistons the kit is coming with, possibly? Just trying to decide what all I want to get in my inital parts order.

Looks like there will be lots of tuning parts for this car. Springs from 10.5 to 70 lbs, c-hubs from 0 to 8 degrees, and toe-in blocks from -2 to +2 degrees. That oughta keep everybody busy for a while.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Juan Valdez
Did anybody else notice that Horizon's Parts Listing (not the Optional Accesories page) lists four different sizes of shock pistons and seven different stiffness springs? I can't imagine the car is coming with all of those. Could someone from Losi please clarify what springs and pistons the kit is coming with, possibly? Just trying to decide what all I want to get in my inital parts order.

Looks like there will be lots of tuning parts for this car. Springs from 10.5 to 70 lbs, c-hubs from 0 to 8 degrees, and toe-in blocks from -2 to +2 degrees. That oughta keep everybody busy for a while.
Todd might have to correct me here, but I believe the kit will come with 35lb front springs, and 12lb rear springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.