Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

RedBullFiXX: Hi, great to hear that you had a good time in the Nats. I'm curious about the thing you said regarding the MVP motors. Maybe you can share them with us Also, we are very interested to see your set up sheet for the R2 in the Nats. Thanks
Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Seems some people are fed up with 27t stocks, others don't want to see them go because they know what to do with them and are willing to spend the time and money needed since they have a big advantage if they do, which is kind of against the point of stock motors isn't it
Here in the SMTCA we've never had a stock class, it was just a 12turn limit which left a wide range of drivers. Now we have 19T spec class and after a unsure start it seems to be getting very popular. On Sunday we had more 19t runners than mod runners some of the extra's were mod guys running both classes to see what it was like, since they've seen the speed of 19turns around Carlisle the round before.
Down south they have always had a stock class and there is a definate reluctance about 19t spec still.... normaly from those who have fast stock motors I think...
Old 07-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Regional Moderator

REDBULL........... man I was hoping to get to meet you and STEVE at the nats just a 3 hour drive and i was looking forward
to some cuda and So Cal talk . but my wifes sister passed away and the trip got scrubbed so maybe next time your east or im west(So Cal track we all can meet

I see your going brushless ? have you ran it in the cuda yet?
and how was the performance of it compared to a standard brush motor.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Regional Moderator

FatBoy joe .......you sohuld have mail on the carpet set up
Old 07-01-2003, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Depending on which class takes off between 19t and brushless at SoCal, I would like to run it as well, be a nice change from modified where there is always going to be a few factory drivers running 6 turn motors that will blow everyone away. You get a bit more speed than stock, but everyone has equal speed unlike mod, so it's all about the driver.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

OK guys I need some ideas for setups.
I had real problems last night getting the power down, I was trying a diff up front, the rear end wanting to overtake the front out of corners, then the front end would understeer cominginto corners. I could increase the steering on my tranny to get it into the corners but it would make getting out of them more difficult.
I think half my trouble was the ride height, I'm finding my RC Lab springs are too long, looks like I'll have to start another collection of springs wish comapnies would stick to one size, but hey then they would make less money selling us overpriced bits of wire
I also found that by running no diff covers my rear diff got very rough very quickly, I think there is simply too much dirt where I race to risk running with out them, kind of annoying as it make maintanence so much easier, could almost do with the diffs being in two halfs.... hmm inspiration has struck where's that dremel.....
I'm running the rear hubs with no added toe in, standard link positions, standard shock positions (after trying a couple different settings) Front toe is as stock, front camber is 1.5degrees, rear is stock. 35weight oil all round. The track is normaly quite tight since we have limited space, hence I tried the normal diff up front, it's rarely flowing enough to use a one way properly. I had slightly harder srpings up front than the stock ones, what are the stock values btw? too lazy to check my manual and I want to order a few either side of stock. Using Take Off CS27's, managed to find a new set with the old insirts on Sunday

and yes I am bored
Old 07-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
OK guys I need some ideas for setups.
I had real problems last night getting the power down, I was trying a diff up front, the rear end wanting to overtake the front out of corners, then the front end would understeer cominginto corners. I could increase the steering on my tranny to get it into the corners but it would make getting out of them more difficult.
I think half my trouble was the ride height, I'm finding my RC Lab springs are too long, looks like I'll have to start another collection of springs wish comapnies would stick to one size, but hey then they would make less money selling us overpriced bits of wire
I also found that by running no diff covers my rear diff got very rough very quickly, I think there is simply too much dirt where I race to risk running with out them, kind of annoying as it make maintanence so much easier, could almost do with the diffs being in two halfs.... hmm inspiration has struck where's that dremel.....
I'm running the rear hubs with no added toe in, standard link positions, standard shock positions (after trying a couple different settings) Front toe is as stock, front camber is 1.5degrees, rear is stock. 35weight oil all round. The track is normaly quite tight since we have limited space, hence I tried the normal diff up front, it's rarely flowing enough to use a one way properly. I had slightly harder srpings up front than the stock ones, what are the stock values btw? too lazy to check my manual and I want to order a few either side of stock. Using Take Off CS27's, managed to find a new set with the old insirts on Sunday

and yes I am bored
Ok Herm, I'll have a go....
-Standard R2 springs (1.4x6.00) with light oil, like 20wt.

-Chassis level say 5mm

-Back off the droop screws up front to get max weight transfer to the rear.

-0 deg anti-squat or kick-up, these wont help in this situation.

-Got sway bar ? yes a rear sway bar may also help, seems to stabilize the back end and offer more on power grip at times, should also give more turn in off power.

-Rear toe max, 3 deg or more if you can get it.

-And set the rear diff tighter than the front diff
Old 07-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks RBF, I would of thought a tighter rear diff would cause me more problems though, since the worst problem I have is the rear trying to overtake the front when accelerating out of slow corners. I would normaly try to get it so the front almost drags the rear out of the corner instead.
Not got any sway bars yet, always been warry of adding something else to confuse me may have to try them.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

RedBull - Do you have a current setup that will work well at SoCal with a stock motor?
Old 07-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
RedBull - Do you have a current setup that will work well at SoCal with a stock motor?
Yeah I can see we haven't updated that in a while (check alexracingusa.com), I have a new setup with stiff springs, heavy oil and no sway bars.

I'll try and get it out soon ok.

rbf.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JDM, How can I get a front bumper brace and the front lower bumper plate from Square? I clicked on the site but it's still in Japanese and I can't read it.
Speedtech doesn't carry them and I don't want to wait for a long time.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

RBF - Thank You

Deves - RainbowTen should carry them.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Will any R2 arms fit R1 too??
Old 07-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Dave: You got PM.Please reply.Thanks.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Deves
JDM, How can I get a front bumper brace and the front lower bumper plate from Square? I clicked on the site but it's still in Japanese and I can't read it.
Speedtech doesn't carry them and I don't want to wait for a long time.
here you go http://catalog.rcmodel.com.hk/
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-cuda-front-brace.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.