Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

you can never have nough shiny bits
I'm sure Steve could get you the bits you wanted if you let him know before he gets a big order in, maybe he'll stock some when he's sold enough red kits to make it worthwhile.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a few of questions for the R2 owners out there. Firstly, if you look at the Web Special version of the car on Alex's site (and it looks awesome) the motor is mounted on the right side, whereas in the R2 regular photo it is on the left. Can you mount the motor on either side, or is it a different version of the chassis which allows for right side mounting? Also, for those who have run the car with the left side motor, have there been any torque-steer related problems? And, how do you adjust the A-arm droop on the car/ where are the droop screws? Thanks for any insights.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:36 AM

Also, for those who have run the car with the left side motor, have there been any torque-steer related problems?
I don't have R2 yet, but soon. First you have to know, every shaft drive car have torque-steer. Torque-steer cannot judge by the motor left or right. In physics, they are equal. By the way, you can't feel it anyway. If the chassis is strong enough and gears are well designed. You don't need to worry about the torque-steer. I'm sure this car is designed well. Motor is better on right side. That is Team associated's theory and other companies copy it.

Last edited by Aku-Man; 06-17-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

The web edition with it's layout require a different chassia and motor mount, when racing there is no noticable difference.

The dropp screws are on the suspension arms, they are easy to get to and are the same kind of screw used to hold the top deck on, large 2.5mm hex ones.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:16 AM

Guys, I just order the Red R2, Welcome me to the cuda family.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Well done, wise choice
I take it you went for a normal R2, not the reversed Triox one.
You order any hopups yet?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Well done, wise choice. I take it you went for a normal R2, not the reversed Triox one.
You order any hopups yet?
Well, I can't get the Triox, Pal, or Web, so I just go for normal R2. Not yet, not sure what to get! New to R2.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:05 AM

I'm thinking about getting this tc3 in pic instead of R2. I have unstable mind.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:11 AM

Sorry the pic is too big. How do people post pic in front instead using attach file?
Old 06-18-2003, 01:15 AM

Here's the pic
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-tc3.jpg  
Old 06-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Shame you can't get the web edition you want, I don't think the Triox would be worth the extra money anyway, only for if you have plenty money and want something different.

That TC3 looks nice, bet the graphite kit costs a small fortune though and I think that chassis would desperatly need a top deck.
Get an R2 with wheels like that and sit it next to the tc3 and I think the R2 would look nicer.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:31 PM

That TC3 looks nice, bet the graphite kit costs a small fortune though and I think that chassis would desperatly need a top deck.
That tc3 in pic has the blue Titanium lower chassis. That is strong enough, so no need upper deck. I think.

R2 is a very nice car, but hopup parts still hard to get.

Last edited by Aku-Man; 06-18-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Titanium chassis
that'll be more than a small fortune I know it would be hard but I'd be very worried about bending it.

It does seem there is a shortage of hop ups for the cuda now though can't get some things I want myself, hopefully it's temporary though.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
JDM_DOHC_SiR / KO Racer / Herminator: Hi,may I ask what cars you used to drive before you made a big switch to the R2? i am currently driving a LOSI but recently took out my TC3 and set it up for carpet racing - I know the R2 and TC3 are different cars but I want to get the feel of shaft drive cars again in preparation for my R2. May I know the noticable differences between your old cars and the R2? The PROs and Cons....How does it fair out against a LOSI or Yoke SD? Alot of guys in our area run LOSIs and the new YOK SD...Any infor will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sorry for the late reply fatboy joe ..... (been out of town) but i have had several differnt cars and the main one i was running was the losi xxx-s GP. i have never ran a shaft car till the cuda so the tc3 i have no ideal about but my likes for the cuda ar the strength of it ,maint. of it, and is pretty easy to set up ! for carpet racing its a must have to have the excel hub kit installed
or put you many spacers on it to get the foams from rubbing.
plus i like to run something different from everyone else
Old 06-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Aku-Man
That tc3 in pic has the blue Titanium lower chassis. That is strong enough, so no need upper deck. I think.

R2 is a very nice car, but hopup parts still hard to get.
here is you a tc3 that is a nice looking set- up
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-image015.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.