R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #2611
Tech Master
 
Fatboy Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coming soooooon
Posts: 1,052
Default

RedBullFiXX: Hi, great to hear that you had a good time in the Nats. I'm curious about the thing you said regarding the MVP motors. Maybe you can share them with us Also, we are very interested to see your set up sheet for the R2 in the Nats. Thanks
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #2612
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Seems some people are fed up with 27t stocks, others don't want to see them go because they know what to do with them and are willing to spend the time and money needed since they have a big advantage if they do, which is kind of against the point of stock motors isn't it
Here in the SMTCA we've never had a stock class, it was just a 12turn limit which left a wide range of drivers. Now we have 19T spec class and after a unsure start it seems to be getting very popular. On Sunday we had more 19t runners than mod runners some of the extra's were mod guys running both classes to see what it was like, since they've seen the speed of 19turns around Carlisle the round before.
Down south they have always had a stock class and there is a definate reluctance about 19t spec still.... normaly from those who have fast stock motors I think...
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:18 AM   #2613
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

REDBULL........... man I was hoping to get to meet you and STEVE at the nats just a 3 hour drive and i was looking forward
to some cuda and So Cal talk . but my wifes sister passed away and the trip got scrubbed so maybe next time your east or im west(So Cal track we all can meet

I see your going brushless ? have you ran it in the cuda yet?
and how was the performance of it compared to a standard brush motor.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #2614
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

FatBoy joe .......you sohuld have mail on the carpet set up
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:41 PM   #2615
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Depending on which class takes off between 19t and brushless at SoCal, I would like to run it as well, be a nice change from modified where there is always going to be a few factory drivers running 6 turn motors that will blow everyone away. You get a bit more speed than stock, but everyone has equal speed unlike mod, so it's all about the driver.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 PM   #2616
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

OK guys I need some ideas for setups.
I had real problems last night getting the power down, I was trying a diff up front, the rear end wanting to overtake the front out of corners, then the front end would understeer cominginto corners. I could increase the steering on my tranny to get it into the corners but it would make getting out of them more difficult.
I think half my trouble was the ride height, I'm finding my RC Lab springs are too long, looks like I'll have to start another collection of springs wish comapnies would stick to one size, but hey then they would make less money selling us overpriced bits of wire
I also found that by running no diff covers my rear diff got very rough very quickly, I think there is simply too much dirt where I race to risk running with out them, kind of annoying as it make maintanence so much easier, could almost do with the diffs being in two halfs.... hmm inspiration has struck where's that dremel.....
I'm running the rear hubs with no added toe in, standard link positions, standard shock positions (after trying a couple different settings) Front toe is as stock, front camber is 1.5degrees, rear is stock. 35weight oil all round. The track is normaly quite tight since we have limited space, hence I tried the normal diff up front, it's rarely flowing enough to use a one way properly. I had slightly harder srpings up front than the stock ones, what are the stock values btw? too lazy to check my manual and I want to order a few either side of stock. Using Take Off CS27's, managed to find a new set with the old insirts on Sunday


and yes I am bored
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #2617
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
OK guys I need some ideas for setups.
I had real problems last night getting the power down, I was trying a diff up front, the rear end wanting to overtake the front out of corners, then the front end would understeer cominginto corners. I could increase the steering on my tranny to get it into the corners but it would make getting out of them more difficult.
I think half my trouble was the ride height, I'm finding my RC Lab springs are too long, looks like I'll have to start another collection of springs wish comapnies would stick to one size, but hey then they would make less money selling us overpriced bits of wire
I also found that by running no diff covers my rear diff got very rough very quickly, I think there is simply too much dirt where I race to risk running with out them, kind of annoying as it make maintanence so much easier, could almost do with the diffs being in two halfs.... hmm inspiration has struck where's that dremel.....
I'm running the rear hubs with no added toe in, standard link positions, standard shock positions (after trying a couple different settings) Front toe is as stock, front camber is 1.5degrees, rear is stock. 35weight oil all round. The track is normaly quite tight since we have limited space, hence I tried the normal diff up front, it's rarely flowing enough to use a one way properly. I had slightly harder srpings up front than the stock ones, what are the stock values btw? too lazy to check my manual and I want to order a few either side of stock. Using Take Off CS27's, managed to find a new set with the old insirts on Sunday


and yes I am bored
Ok Herm, I'll have a go....
-Standard R2 springs (1.4x6.00) with light oil, like 20wt.

-Chassis level say 5mm

-Back off the droop screws up front to get max weight transfer to the rear.

-0 deg anti-squat or kick-up, these wont help in this situation.

-Got sway bar ? yes a rear sway bar may also help, seems to stabilize the back end and offer more on power grip at times, should also give more turn in off power.

-Rear toe max, 3 deg or more if you can get it.

-And set the rear diff tighter than the front diff
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #2618
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Thanks RBF, I would of thought a tighter rear diff would cause me more problems though, since the worst problem I have is the rear trying to overtake the front when accelerating out of slow corners. I would normaly try to get it so the front almost drags the rear out of the corner instead.
Not got any sway bars yet, always been warry of adding something else to confuse me may have to try them.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #2619
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

RedBull - Do you have a current setup that will work well at SoCal with a stock motor?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:02 PM   #2620
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
RedBull - Do you have a current setup that will work well at SoCal with a stock motor?
Yeah I can see we haven't updated that in a while (check alexracingusa.com), I have a new setup with stiff springs, heavy oil and no sway bars.

I'll try and get it out soon ok.

rbf.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #2621
Tech Master
 
Deves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

JDM, How can I get a front bumper brace and the front lower bumper plate from Square? I clicked on the site but it's still in Japanese and I can't read it.
Speedtech doesn't carry them and I don't want to wait for a long time.
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:32 PM   #2622
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

RBF - Thank You

Deves - RainbowTen should carry them.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #2623
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai
Default

Will any R2 arms fit R1 too??
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #2624
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,169
Send a message via ICQ to Tsubasa Sakai
Default

Dave: You got PM.Please reply.Thanks.
Tsubasa Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:00 PM   #2625
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Deves
JDM, How can I get a front bumper brace and the front lower bumper plate from Square? I clicked on the site but it's still in Japanese and I can't read it.
Speedtech doesn't carry them and I don't want to wait for a long time.
here you go http://catalog.rcmodel.com.hk/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cuda front brace.jpg (31.6 KB, 46 views)
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net