Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to fit tc6 suspension arms and all to the car?
Old 09-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't know that it would work because the tc6 is metric and the tc4 is standard and I believe the geometries are different as far as angles and mounting points
Old 09-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I thought about that. The 6.1 arms and such are pretty good as far options. And i know ae is standard to metric stuff isnt to far off. Nothing a 3mm drill bit couldnt fix if the lengths are right was my thought
Old 09-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Has anyone tried to fit tc6 suspension arms and all to the car?
If anything... I would think the HPI Pro4/Cyclone arms would be the closest ... since the Pro4/Cyclone used the same length CVD's as the TC3/4 ... I might have a set that I could take a pic' of so you have a point of reference....
Old 09-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Post your tc4/tc6 setups....The tc4 is so versatile, wow.....
Old 09-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Ok I guess I have to ask what's the point of changing the arms out? You wouldn't be able to use the tc6.2 sway bar or the independent arm mounts. And I don't believe there's a geometry difference so it seems pointless
Old 09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

I just finished upgrading the tc4 tub car with all the possible lightweight stuff, and it weighed in at 1374 grams: that's with a novak impact esc, protek low profile servo(55g), spektrum receiver, aluminum screw kit, R1 wurks fan, gforce supercap(18g), thunderpower 2700mah(168g) lipo pack.... I might switch to the TP 3300mah(208g) just to make weight though...
Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

i wish team associated would revise the tc4...make it more brushless & lipo friendly & make some gear diffs for it & maybe re-do the bulk heads
Old 09-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

They did its called a tc6. The tc4 evolved into the 5 then the 6 and now the 6.2. No it isnt shaft drive or a tub chassis or 150 bucks but it is designed to race the premier pro class which is still mod tc. And sadly as power increased the torque steer and twist of the tc4 made mod racing very difficult. Tc is not a big seller for AE so making a new cutting edge car like the a700 or evo6 isn't going to happen we're probably lucky AE still makes a competition tc as losi and hpi gave them up years ago.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

The tc4 was the evolution of the tc3 . The tc5 was was not an evolution of the tc4, but rather AE's entrance in the belt car market, which was a good business move... Not improving the tc4 was not a good business move though..... Even tamiya is paying special attention to their shaft cars now!!! AE should do the same !!! They left all the work for Diggity Design and BERT !!! That's not cool at all ...lol....
Originally Posted by gooba
They did its called a tc6. The tc4 evolved into the 5 then the 6 and now the 6.2. No it isnt shaft drive or a tub chassis or 150 bucks but it is designed to race the premier pro class which is still mod tc. And sadly as power increased the torque steer and twist of the tc4 made mod racing very difficult. Tc is not a big seller for AE so making a new cutting edge car like the a700 or evo6 isn't going to happen we're probably lucky AE still makes a competition tc as losi and hpi gave them up years ago.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

I ran into an interesting issue with my car while running on high grip. The car seems to want to run a fairly soft front and rear spring combo, I had 17.5lb springs, 37.5wt oil with a Losi #56 piston mounted on the inner hole on the suspension arm on the front, and a 15lb spring, 35 wt oil with a Losi #56 piston mounted on the inner hole on the arm in the rear. Typically the car runs pretty well with this combo, but the grip at TQRC over the weekend was immense, and the car would bottom out in the corner and go loose. Running the hardest swaybars I own for the car helped quite a bit, but the car still seemed to wander… I also managed to traction-roll the car a few times. What do you think would help on that grip level? Harder spring/softer swaybar? And NO, I will not be unscrewing the droop screw all the way out so the car grip-rolls in every corner so don’t even mention it.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

I would suggest you go with thicker oil(50wt to 60wt) in all your shocks to slow the transition speed enough so you will not bottom out in the time it takes to complete a turn... Other than that, I would make sure the track width is at 190mm all around, lower the body as much as possible, and I would spray clean the bottom of the chassis before every run... Low Cg in a tc4 makes a huge difference...
Also make sure all your wires are tied down, and try to use four scales to tweak the car( after tweaking the anti roll bar)....
Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

I will partially agree with Bert. I would try thicker oil and maybe some preload on the spring or harder springs if stiff sway bars helped stiffer or slower suspension may help
Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

For folks still running the TC4 and who are competitive, Are you still using the TUB chassis or have you switched to the Diggity chassis? AE Chassis?
What all conversions our there that are still available are worth exploring?
-Diggity
-AE
-ExoTeck
-Penguin
-Etc?

I'm seriously looking hard at that option and would really like to make a competitive race car from my TC4. I just hate to pour a bunch of $$ into it.
(But since I have spares between it and my TC3, I might as well)

-I happen to have the ASC 1way Part #: 1728, will this give me any advantage in VTA?
-Are people favoring a Spool in the F or R or utilizing diffs?
-presume the AE FT Shocks from my TC3 would be the best option?
-Are there different arm versions like there were for the TC3. V2 vs V1 or are the V2 the new standard?
-is anyone running a Shorty? is a Std length pack best?
-For those with competitive TC4s, is there a list of "Must Haves" or "Mods" that will make this car MORE competitive.

I really am excited to get my car running again. I've tried looking now and then for a used Diggity roller, but they seem few and far between. Has anyone run the Diggity vs the AE version side by side? are there any advantages either way?

MOmo

Last edited by MOmo; 10-01-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I ran into an interesting issue with my car while running on high grip. The car seems to want to run a fairly soft front and rear spring combo, I had 17.5lb springs, 37.5wt oil with a Losi #56 piston mounted on the inner hole on the suspension arm on the front, and a 15lb spring, 35 wt oil with a Losi #56 piston mounted on the inner hole on the arm in the rear. Typically the car runs pretty well with this combo, but the grip at TQRC over the weekend was immense, and the car would bottom out in the corner and go loose. Running the hardest swaybars I own for the car helped quite a bit, but the car still seemed to wander… I also managed to traction-roll the car a few times. What do you think would help on that grip level? Harder spring/softer swaybar? And NO, I will not be unscrewing the droop screw all the way out so the car grip-rolls in every corner so don’t even mention it.
I made my own thicker swaybar when I found the standard ones weren't thick enough, just need to bend up some piano wire of the appropriate thickness, lots of hobby shops carry it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.