Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Works great, make sure you have steel outdrives, remove ALL balls from the diff. You will need to lightly sand the spool pads and dont forget to use lock tite on the bolt.
Very nice....

So if I already have the steel out drives than I'll I need is the TC5 slipper pads.
They are only cost $3.69 at A Main cheap upgrade.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FTJp7Aod0TAADw

Anyone use the CVA bone blades?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...A-Bone-Blade-8
Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Ronald Volker says spool(not slipper spool), so you should say spool too....lol.... Don't listen to Bert...lol...
Remember Volker runs a rear gear diff(no slip) on top of the spool(no slip), so why run a slipper spool(slip) and ball diff(slip) in your tc4 .... It would be nice if someone would release a tc4 gear diff in the near future though......
im not quite following yall on the gear diff for the TC4, BUT, if this helps, team AE guys and others are running team durango geared diff conversions on b44's! which I think is the same internals as the tc4!!
i have both cars but not right in front of me
i can provide durango link if you want
please clarify the whole spool slipper spool solid axle .... i Have a team TC4 tub car and a FT carbon fiber dual deck TC4 and am gonna build another TC4 pan speed run car!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

what is the part numbers for the Parma bumper? where do u get it?
lcd's?
are the lcd's a part of the VTA mods or will it benefit mod cars?
both my cars have diffs front and rear
Old 11-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Wish I could run the sting in USVTA
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-image.jpg  
Old 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You got to use google to find stuff..... Parma bumper #par8049 ... Lcd #losa3344.... As for the gear diff mod, only One guy did it and sold it... I don't think it will ever be done again.... All these Parts are rare and finding them over the net will take a long time....
Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Talking

Also, the best gear diff design for the tc3/tc4/ntc3 cars is the SpecR tb03 gear diff design, with a 40T ring gear instead of 39T of course.... I wonder why SpecR did not automatically make a gear diff for the AE cars while they were making the tb03 diff in the first place... Can you imagine the size of the AE market vs the rare tb03 market... I can see 5000 units sold in the first month just in VTA , with all those slipper spool going in the trash bin....lol... I've written them about what they're missing, and hopefully they will answer positively... These AE cars need some loving from the SpecR gear diff gurus too you know. Neglect is not an option !!! It's been over twelve years now since AE released the tc3, and the time has come for it to get a proper gear diff... Who's with me here ??? Call me crazy, a troll, a Rctech virus, but I am right on this One !!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

http://bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=20

here is the conversion for gear diffs in B44
Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
http://bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=20

here is the conversion for gear diffs in B44
They seem like it would work at first glance, but the diff case of a TC4 is not 'squared off' like the B44 case. The inside of the case is roughly cone shaped, with the point toward the side that doesn't support the ring gear. Because of this, the square chunky volume of the durango diff doesn't clear the one side of the case, and hogging it out would remove nearly all of the structural integrity it would need to hold itself together under torque.

A gear diff for TC4 would have to be very low profile. The guy who got it to work using a TOP Stock-only lightweight gear diff was able to do so because it has none of the big torque-bearing chunky case you find in other gear diffs meant to take modified torque, like a TC6 diff.

On a different note, as there seems to be some confusion over this, there is NO DIFFERENCE in the performance of a solid spool and slipper spool except during a crash. If you can lock your driveline (think an allen wrench in the pinion setscrew hole) and, holding the car in the air, twist it to level by the front wheels without the slipper spool letting go, it will only twist when one of the front wheels stops, like when it is pinned against the board during a crash as the car compresses into the hit and bounces off. During the crash the intertia of the motor, driveline, other wheels, all snaps against that one side and often breaks the driveshaft, CV joint, or something else. The slipper spool will yeild under this circumstance, saving the driveline that shock.

Some car manufacturers intentionally make their driveshafts out of flexible spring steel to let the shaft actually twist like a torsion bar instead of just transferring the shock, Hudy/Xray did this back in the foam tire days, and probably still do but I don't own an Xray. They are pretty sweet though.

The reason pros run standard spools is because they are pros, they don't hit much and when they do... a lot of the time they either hit it pretty soft or are out of the race. Ronald Volker runs a spool because hes Ronald Volker, and to my knowledge nobody makes a slipper spool for a Yokomo BD7. Also, he doesn't hit anything. Paul Lemieux runs a gear diff with something like 2 million weight fluid in it, but he explained he liked the feel. Rick Hohwart runs front gear diffs with God knows what in it (one setup sheet specifies earplugs in the diff).
At the end of the day, you don't want that shock to break your driveline, get some form of drive that will let it slip. I thought the Losi LCD was tough enough to take the shocks, and I was wrong. It didn't take much to break it either. I wish you better luck, but I know what I'm doing, and it will probably be good enough for me to win at my local just fine.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Also, the best gear diff design for the tc3/tc4/ntc3 cars is the SpecR tb03 gear diff design, with a 40T ring gear instead of 39T of course.... I wonder why SpecR did not automatically make a gear diff for the AE cars while they were making the tb03 diff in the first place... Can you imagine the size of the AE market vs the rare tb03 market... I can see 5000 units sold in the first month just in VTA , with all those slipper spool going in the trash bin....lol... I've written them about what they're missing, and hopefully they will answer positively... These AE cars need some loving from the SpecR gear diff gurus too you know. Neglect is not an option !!! It's been over twelve years now since AE released the tc3, and the time has come for it to get a proper gear diff... Who's with me here ??? Call me crazy, a troll, a Rctech virus, but I am right on this One !!!!!
I found the spec r tb03 diff but where do you find the 40 tooth gear to make it fit in a tc4? Also what bearings do you use for this conversion? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Would it be a problem if I ran Losi LOSA5301 shocks on the TC4?
Old 11-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Would it be a problem if I ran Losi LOSA5301 shocks on the TC4?
Losi shocks take a particular spring set where their springs are somewhat shorter than associated standard, but they are of similar overall length and are a very good shock. I run them on my DC4LE, but I had them for a long time before I built that car.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Losi shocks take a particular spring set where their springs are somewhat shorter than associated standard, but they are of similar overall length and are a very good shock. I run them on my DC4LE, but I had them for a long time before I built that car.
There 25 bucks thats why I asked.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Avink, the tb03 design is the correct design to use on the tc4 should specR want to make a gear diff for the tc4... I never tried to mod the specR tb03 gear diff to fit the tc4, so the mod does not exist.... I was only wishing someone like specR would come out with a gear diff for the tc4.... Although, if you wanted to try to mod the specR tb03 gear diff to fit the tc4, you can use two diffs front and rear with the 39T ring gear they come with, and shim the pinions......
Old 11-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

bertrandsv87...has anyone done a different motor mount for the club? Similar to the FT?
Old 11-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

I think Ray K. had a slimmer mount than the club One in his Car, but I think it was his own mod..... It was different from the Fttc4 mount, and I have never seen folks use the Fttc4 mount on the club Car... The club mount is easier to Work with...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.