Cool man thanks!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Awesome... thanks DaveW
Old 03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Exclamation Same turning problem

I have a tc4 tub and i am running with x raya abd corally's and i am just as fast as them i just give up a litle in the corners cuz the car always pushes out. I am about .3 of a second slower than them but i usually am more consistant which usualy put me infront of them. Not to bad for a tub car right.

i have 60 wt both front and rear yellow springs in front and purple in rear with dbl pink orange up fron and dbl pink in rear.

i hope this will help someone out there who still has a tub

"And yes I do beat the belt cars and factory team tc4s on a regular basis"
Old 03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i've tried something similar to the "rubberband" trick before on my tub car. i used nitro throttle return springs instead of rubberbands, it worked great but the springs did fling out every once in a while.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

So, that would be a bonus for spectators, right?
Old 03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default asphalt setup

New to TC...does anyone have a good starting setup for the FT TC4? I'll be running rubber tires BTW..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RaceAce701
Try going to a softer spring in front. Try the purple ones.

apexraceway
Use one of these set ups. It depends what you are racing on carpet or pavement.

rubber tires on carpet
http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...o_dhi_2006.pdf

rubber tires on pavement
http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...socal_2005.pdf

enjoy and God Bless
Old 03-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Think outside the box

Hey FT TC4 owners,

I have seen all the, "how can I get the car to rotate better or more consistant out of the FTTC4".
Start thinking outside the box. Do not do something the pros do or what everyone else does just because. Try different stuff to see if it works. Experiment with the car and different set ups.
Dave W. does it.
I am trying things that seem to be different that 9\10ths of the set ups I see.
Maybe we will find that thing or things that make this car click that much faster.
God Bless
Old 03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

what is most of the people going with- the ft tc4 chassis or the bmi one - good points bad points

thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok as promised... sorry it took so long.

Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-ftband1.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
what is most of the people going with- the ft tc4 chassis or the bmi one - good points bad points

thanks
The BMI car was alot more aggresive. I believe this to be because everything was moved forward on the chassis, motor, battery, servo, etc. I will say that the car never tweaked out. You set it once and that was it. FT car is very nice, I just preferred Jason's car (BMI). I suggest if you do get the BMI car that you get the motor mount as well...this will get rid of the gear stripping problems. Im sure if you scroll back a few pages that you will find my old setup for carpet. It was for the BMI car but should work with both.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

And another, showing how to cross it over the rack to tie all three parts to the band without the band rubbing either the lower chassis or the drivecup out of the front gearcase. It takes three total. My bands are just big enough to fit over the largest part of your thumb w/o stretching the band, anything bigger and it wont do the job on the rack, it will be too loose, and there isnt enough room to try double-wrapping the same band for more tension. The turnbuckle bands are the same size and fit easily. I wish i could get my hands on some black bands, but it was a quick fix, and really didnt think it would make that much of a difference to go out and buy a bag of bands just "to see". Cheap fix.

Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-ftband2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:29 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

had fun w/car but its time to move on, just tired of goin out over 100mi roundtrip to race. package deal is on ebay.

thx

-ult
Old 03-02-2006, 07:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Man that sure is a positive post.

I had a decent day of practice with my FT Sunday. I did quite a bit of changes, and found over half a second per lap. Irritatingly enough i found alot of consistency in the car by adding rubber bands to the steering rack/assembly in three places to tighten it up. The car felt alot better and really responded to suspension changes after that. It no longer felt numb. The rubber band trick isnt new by any means, its as old as R/C cars are, and has been used in off and onroad applications. I experimented with shock o-rings on the ballstuds, but they were too thick and restricted suspension action. The rubber bands did the trick. I got a few giggles and laughs at the track, but the lap times called were a far improvement from before, its getting better the more i work on it.

Wow Dave that is an old trick. Have not seen that in a long time. For short distances I have seen guys use those little hair bands that girls use for pony tails. They don't stretch as far as rubber bands do so you they don't work for every application.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

In case you do this and wonder as you add the rack band if it will be pinched as the rack moves, the answer is no, if it is wrapped just right. The backside of the ballstud mount in the rack is rounded and just happens to leave plenty of room for the band as the rack pivots lock-to-lock. If you wiggle the steering knuckles after you add all three bands and it just doesnt seem to make a difference to you (there is gonna be some wiggle in the bearings of the rack... watch as you wiggle to see what moves), wait till you drive the car... let it be your decision maker. The idea isnt to remove ALL slop. But the front will be alot more responsive and feel more solid than without the bands. Let me know what you guys think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.