Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
I think someone made a hybrid tc4 with a factory team top deck and he said it as stiff or stiffer than the Ft....

Yep... TC4 tub car with FT top deck. It will be run for the last time this weekend. Incidentally, my FTTC4 was 4g over legal limit ready to race, the tub car i did was only 36g overweight with the same body/electronics and larger foams. The car was WAY stiff... the setup came close to a rally/offroad setup to get it to work... and it wasnt even working that well... it was sooo tight. I think the biggest problem was the choice of foams... more than the car itself. Our local track doesnt seem to do well with the Jaco wraps, and i was out of regular Jaco DPink-DPink/Or. I have made quite a few changes to it... and will run it this Saturday. Hopefully, my first belt car in over 5 years will be here next week. Ill be running a T2 in hopes to find what i am looking for.

- DaveW

For those who have sent PM's on the "hybrid" car, i havent responded with details, the car still needs a bit of work, and i apologize. It is something i will still be working on with the intent of designing my own car... this will basically be a rolling testbed... a geometry platform if you will.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dave is going over to the Xray Nation? Never saw that one coming....will he be the only one? The dark side is strong right now
Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Dave is going over to the Xray Nation? Never saw that one coming....will he be the only one? The dark side is strong right now
Don't matter Dave is still our buddy and like everyone else we all try different cars. I can't bust his butt about it as I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to changing cars. I'm sure I will try something else but it won't be the Xray for sure. I have my reasons.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Brian I say we both go back to Schumacher and start whoopin up
Old 01-06-2006, 12:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Brian I say we both go back to Schumacher and start whoopin up
I have thought about it some as the new car is really nice looking thats for sure. Not sure if I want to do that and have to mail order all the time again. I do like the looks of the car from what is posted so far.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

I can tell you in the 4 years I ran Schumacher the only thing I would break was upper arms on the Mission and Castor blocks or arms on the MI2. That was it. anything else that broke would have broke no matter what car I was driving.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The other problem is parts cost alot more than what I'm paying for my Associated stuff at my local shop. The price savings the shop hooks me up at makes it hard to buy anything that isn't Losi or Associated for touring.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

:::sigh::: I resisted for a LONG time. "The Emperor can be very persuasive... you dont know the power of the darkside."

Geez. Makes me wanna go watch Episode 3. LOL

- Dave
Old 01-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Its about time!!! He needs the mojo
Old 01-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I just got home from the races a few minutes ago. I cleaned up the car and it ran great.

I managed to get a pic:
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-tc4.jpg  
Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The TC4 is like my fiance'.

High maintenance and hard to please. You have to have a huge wallet to make her happy.

Inconsistant.

Tempermental.

Moody.

Bitchy.

Mean-spirited.

Cold...and.

Unforgiving.

Last edited by Soviet; 01-07-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
The TC4 is like my fiance'.

High maintenance and hard to please. You have to have a huge wallet to make her happy...(ad infinitum)
For a second I thought you were talking about yourself.

a) IF you, indeed, have a fiance' and you talk like that about her to people who know neither of you...you don't deserve her.

b) Best of luck with the RDX. (Baaaaaaaaaa) Enjoy the parts that fit well...based on past experience with Corally you won't have to worry about finding parts when they wear/break--they won't be available. Associated? I can STILL buy pretty much any part I need for my 20 year old gold tub RC10, so I'll be able to buy TC3 and TC4 parts well into my retirement years.

See ya in the pits. We'll look forward to what you declare as the NEXT greatest car 4 months from now.

Scottrik
Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

What made you come to that conclusion so suddenly Soviet? That car is as capable as the RDX, just set it up right. Maybe AE would be seen in much better light if it werent for the fact they have about 2 decent TC drivers. Why does parts quality matter that much anyway? It'd be nice, but its not that hard just to file the hubs, wishbones etc so they fit perfectly. At least that way you CAN get it perfect. I know some very successful TC4 drivers...

I hope you realise what a fool you've made yourself look after defending the car so adamantly...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Hey guys, I just got home from the races a few minutes ago. I cleaned up the car and it ran great.

I managed to get a pic:
Dude is that a Tamiya connector on a graphite chassis racing car?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

I was wondering the same thing???
I don't have the FT TC4 I still have the tub chassis. Several people at the track say they're to touchy also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.