Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smac
What are those rear hub carriers and how come only the one rear camber link mounting position?
Would anyone be interested in a TC4 belt drive conversion that would layout like an X-Ray?
It would consist of:
double deck chassis
aluminum front and rear diff mounts that include sway bar mounts
aluminum center shaft/motor mount
aluminum center shaft
front and rear pulleys that fit TC4 diffs (or the part # and mfg of them)
center pulleys (or the part # and mfg of them)
belts (or the part # and mfg of them)
shock tower mounts that accept FT towers
no because then it would be an xray
Old 12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, they are the Losi rear hubs... and yes i still run the front arms on the rear, have been since day one with the TC4. It places the axle in the same place as running a shim behind the arm on the rear hingepin (.030)... and the outer shock hole on the front arm is the same as the inner shock hole on the rear arm... which is becoming more popular in alot of setups... the inner hole on the rear arm that is. Anyways... heres a few more pics...

- DaveW
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-hybrid-4.jpg  
Old 12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

And again...

- DaveW
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-hybrid-3.jpg  
Old 12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smac
What are those rear hub carriers and how come only the one rear camber link mounting position?
Would anyone be interested in a TC4 belt drive conversion that would layout like an X-Ray?
It would consist of:
double deck chassis
aluminum front and rear diff mounts that include sway bar mounts
aluminum center shaft/motor mount
aluminum center shaft
front and rear pulleys that fit TC4 diffs (or the part # and mfg of them)
center pulleys (or the part # and mfg of them)
belts (or the part # and mfg of them)
shock tower mounts that accept FT towers
HEAVENS NO! LOL If AE built a belt car i would try it for sure... but what im working on here is basic geometry/chassis changes... not entire platform changes. AE built a great car in the beginning... im just trying to adapt it to MY liking. Hey... its a hobby... grab a dremel and have at it.

- DaveW
Old 12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Damn Dave you have done alot of work. Nice to see you trying different stuff. I might try that front A arm on the rear sometime. Nice to try it and see what it does for me and take a notes on that for future reference.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Well it works for me, im agressive coming into the corner... so much so that getting the car to squat and settle in time for transitional changes can be tricky/hairy on less than high bite. So much so that i can barely drive mod on a parking lot asphalt track w/o it turning into an all out drift session. The TC3 rewarded that type of driving... the TC4 to me is not as consistent as the TC3 was, but the adjustability of the TC4 CANT be denied... and with all the cars that are on the market that have that same adjustability... i would be shooting myself in the foot to think i could be "competitive" on all surfaces like the TC3 USED to be. Cars have changed... and the TC4 has alot of potential... but it also has a few downfalls that alot of other cars dont have. In my opinion anyways. But what do i know. Im just a hobbyist with spare time and a lead foot. LOL

- DaveW

Again... this is my opinion and in no way am i bashing the TC4 or AE. Dont get it twisted. But *I* have been ALOT slower/less consistent since i have gotten this car... and have broken more parts on this car than all other kits combined that i have owned. Admittedly, this is only a handful of parts, but when i cant feel comfortable pushing the car to its limits and know its going to do what i ask of it... then its either gonna go slow.. or break. Thats how it is in 1:1 racing... if you cant push it... you pit it. It just so happens i have been pitting for quite a few months.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I agree. My stock TC4 was pretty decent, I then put the BMI chassis setup on the car and (what I think was too many hopups in the rear transmission). Car again was faster after about 2 battery packs but I kept stripping either front gears or the spur gear. Again most of that was all the aftermarket stuff in my transmissions. Now I'm running the FT version and mainly stock configuration and have had zero transmission issues or stripped gears. The car again is running a little faster lap times for me on the same layout.

The car is very consistant at Frederick and at RCO the 2 times I took the car their. RCO is different than Frederick as traction is very very low and the track is cold. Frederick is very high traction (not as much traction as the big race had but still very good). Two completely different tracks and setups but the car has been easy to get hooked up at both. Since I don't run carpet but once a year I really could careless if this or any of my cars work on the rug but thats totally me.

Dave for me the only car I see myself ever going back to is the Losi JRX-S or a belt car from Associated. Reasoning is simple as I can order parts easily. I had the JRX-S and sold it as I just wasn't familiar with alot of stuff on the car (again all me not the car) and went back to another TC4. I just familiar with the car and really do like the shaft drive setup. I feel that on asphalt which is what I run that the TC4 is and can be as good as any car out. My opinion only but comfort is what I'm looking for and thats what the TC4 gives me.

Parts breakage is non on the new FT kit and only gears on my other version TC4's. I'm waiting for Stephen Sabotta to have out his TC4 conversion to see what that is like. Other than that I'm going to push on with my TC4. Maybe you should try the FT version to see if the car is a little more consistant for you as I heard from most that it is when compared to the tub version.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

DAVE, Thinking about returning to AE check your PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

FT TC4 PARTS;all new in the package, 0ver thousand dollars worth will sell for $500.00!! front arms, rear arms, dog bones,hub carriers, shock sets, oneway diff,motor mounts, blue alum screws, much more ; text me if interested !! NORTHERN VA AREA PLEASE!!

Last edited by mojo; 12-21-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveW
Lets see if this shows up...

just wondering

is that a FT upper deck on you tc4
Old 12-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brian Dave has a FT car and has been pushing the envelope in testing with it. I was messing with his front arms on the rear but I couldnt get it shimmed together to my liking ( I was out of alot of shims). I still plan on trying it. Just curious but what after market parts did you think might attribute to your issues. You can PM that back to me so theres no "flaming". I'm sure my reasons are obvious LOL
Old 12-21-2005, 09:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Bob you have PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

back at ya
Old 12-21-2005, 01:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Sent you another one back. Are you going to the Mimi's on Jan 14th for their big race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.