Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

After further inspection my buddy found that one of the ceramic bearings (on the front input shaft) was shot. Anyone know where to get individual ceramics? Before the last round of additions and the last race my car would spin free in that 20-30 second range. It was amazingly free. To me 10 seconds would be nice but just annoy me because it wasnt better LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

By the way I highly reccomend having a pit bi#ch.
Actually he got hurt at work and is bored at home so all he has been doing is wrenching on my cars
Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

SEATBELT: Good guess. Try again.

BOBBARRY: Wasted bearing on the input shaft huh? Sounds like its from the very condition i was describing in the last post. Especially to be on the front layshaft, there is no spur and motor on that end to add load upon acceleration. I previously (TC3 days) blew them on the rear layshaft, when running mod, and only mod. So it had to be the extra power. The TC4 had front and rear (layshaft) blown bearings running stock and 19T, so it had to be something else (besides power).

If im not mistaken, you can get ceramic bearings from RC4LESS in pairs.

- DaveW
Old 08-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Very cool Dave, Thats actually where these came from. Im going to look into your suggestion though as well. Ya never know I could be suffering from the same thing. This is my first shaft car so Im still learning all these neat little tricks
Old 08-24-2005, 06:22 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Yeah I talked to Bill and told him and he is trying to get everything together. As soon as he gets it he is going to give it to me and I will send it to you. I might just take you up on the bodies. What I can do is just send you the cash and have you pick up the body, if thats cool. I don't plan on getting any nice paint jobs until at least a month or so of carpet season, I know the transistion inside is going to be a little rough on the body . Fred was just telling me that he put everything on my car and the drive train was binding. He said he is going to try your gear boxes on my car with my ceramics. My car before was insanely free before.
That is not a problem as I can get a discount on bodies and save you shipping a few on the body itself. Thanks for the heads up on the Paypal. I will have my computer at home up Thursday afternoon so I don't have til wait for work all the time.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

There may be a problem, the bottom of the standard TC4 shocks clip onto the a arms with a sort of ball stud arrangement. The TRF shocks (work of art that they are:-)) come with the normal sort of bottom mount. You might just want to make sure that the standard TC4 shock shaft ball ends (31030) will thread onto the TRF shock shafts.

And let us know how you get on. I have a spare set of TRF shocks (they are easily the best thing going IMHO, and I reckon you're on the right track) which I would be interested in putting onto my TC4. My TC3 has them, and they are totally trouble free, stiction free, everything free (except price - although well worth the money).

As a side comment, if TRF produced a shock which would fit an RC10B4 I guarantee they would sell a sh*tload of them!

MIKE

Originally Posted by Seatbelt
I plan to use TRF Fluorine Shocks on the TC4, will there be any problems? And what is the part number for the aluminium toe-block?
Old 08-24-2005, 07:59 AM

Seabelt: If you like tuning options, get all three. The alum. ones replace the stock plastic parts. If you have all three you can make your rear end really tight or really loose. (3.0 is tight / 2.0 is loose)

Tight=More traction
Loose=less traction

I hope that answers your question.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xDeeDubYax
BTW: Can anyone tell me anything out of the ordinary about this pic?
That's no TC4 chassis. Looks like a TC4 suspension on a TC3 chassis.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Maxspeed do you prefer running with 2.0 wide stance? That seems to be the hot ticket. Im actually going to be going to 2.0 normal this week.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozdork
There may be a problem, the bottom of the standard TC4 shocks clip onto the a arms with a sort of ball stud arrangement. The TRF shocks (work of art that they are:-)) come with the normal sort of bottom mount. You might just want to make sure that the standard TC4 shock shaft ball ends (31030) will thread onto the TRF shock shafts.
I've got a set of Tamiya TRF Special Dampers on my TC4 (put them on a few months back when Tower had them listed for $29.99 - now they're $62.99). You're going to need:

TC4 Shock Shaft Ball Cups (AE#31030)
Associated Spring Cups (AE# 6475)
Springs (AE's work fine)

Also, the top shock mount hole is not quite large enough to fit over the AE shock bushing, so you'll have to drill it out just a bit. I can't remember the size of the bit I used, so just find a bit that is just a bit larger than the mounting hole and drill it out.

Also aslo, the shock kit you get will probably come with the standard Tamiya damper parts trees that have a couple parts you will use. You should also receive a package with some delrin (white plastic) parts that are identical to some of the parts on the trees. Use the Delrin.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:17 AM

Bob: It all depends if you are running rubber or faoms. Here is what I've noticed...

Asphalt rubber = 3.0-2.5
Carpet rubber = 2.5
Carpet foam = 2.5-2.0

All depends on the track, but it is such an easy change, that it's fun to mess with!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Very true it is easy. I have to check to see if Brian sent me over a 3.0 block in aluminum. I believe there 2.0 on there now. I have a really dumb question, what happens if you run a spool with a center one way. I can't seem to get spools to work for me. I always seem to go back to dif's. I ran a center one way this past week and that worked well. I want to run a front one way but one of my outdrives is broken. Time for a replacement.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Very true it is easy. I have to check to see if Brian sent me over a 3.0 block in aluminum. I believe there 2.0 on there now. I have a really dumb question, what happens if you run a spool with a center one way. I can't seem to get spools to work for me. I always seem to go back to dif's. I ran a center one way this past week and that worked well. I want to run a front one way but one of my outdrives is broken. Time for a replacement.
I think I had a 2.0 and 2.5 in alum for the rear. My car worked well with the 2.0 block in the rear with the rubber tires on.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Cool I will play with it this Sunday. Are you going to make it out to the Alpine? If you do bring your 19t. 19t is spec tire cs27's stock is open but most run foam. I know Mike Ivy is running 19 along with Fred and I.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:58 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Cool I will play with it this Sunday. Are you going to make it out to the Alpine? If you do bring your 19t. 19t is spec tire cs27's stock is open but most run foam. I know Mike Ivy is running 19 along with Fred and I.
I like ORL racing but not driving 150 miles on a Sunday to race. Too far for me. Getting up at 5 in the monring, racing all day and then 150 miles back is too much for me since I drive all day at work to. Unfortunately T&L will be my next ORL2 race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.