Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TPhalen
We include 4 shims...should be in the CVD bag??? Did you have these on the car??? If they weren't in the bag, let me know.

1/12 scale chassis looks pretty sick, Jason. Nice.
no shims in my bag either....purchased mid december 04 (about 2 weeks before christmas)

luckily i bought a pack of shims to shim the diffs and there was some in there so no problems here now

but the thing was, my hubs were graphite so i had to splash out even more money to replace them with graphite

ahh well...theres bound to be some problems on every car so i thought i'd warn you guys with a possible problem that is easily fixed
Old 06-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trx1
Does anyone know where i can get a set of screws for my tc3 at there not listed on towerhobbies.
1/10 Electric Cars & Trucks Stainless Steel Screw Kits - $18.00ea:

http://www.rcscrewz.com
Old 06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My kit had the 4 shims in it but I just got my car last week but it was at the hobby shop for a few months.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

xxxkat, where in norcal is there a carpet track ?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Their is one in Gilroy,Their is another one in Stockton but they only run from Nov. to March.My Track is in Kingsburg,thats about 20 min. south of fresno.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Tony Phalen I just sold an RTR TC4..what a pyle.. The speed controller will just go full throttle for no reason,the car is not glitching or having any other radio problems,also the gear mesh(spur and pinion)was not right,the motor was not tight,the wheels nuts were not tightened,only 2 of the shocks had oil in them..all this and I talked the person out of the Losi xxxs RTR..boy was my face red.. having all these problems and me telling a customer what a great company Associated is..or is that was..
Old 06-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hey Guys.... the 1st version of the PAL diff is just fine for 19T and up....... They should be working on a new version that will handle all of the Hot winds here shortly..(fingers crossed) and they shouold have a slightly harder blade for the Spool... I have 3 prototypes right now.... so a little testing has to be done..... as far as getting the PAL diff.. talk with Steve Wang at Speedtech R/C .. I'm sure he can help a lot
-Dave
Hi Dave,

have you got anymore info on the Speedway Pal diffs for the low turn mod motors? Have they been tested yet? Are they in production yet?

Cheers
Darren
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Bearing size

please can somebody tell me the size of the bearings on the outdrives for the spool and ball diff
Old 07-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi Dave,

have you got anymore info on the Speedway Pal diffs for the low turn mod motors? Have they been tested yet? Are they in production yet?

Cheers
Darren

I wouldn't recomend the PAL diff for low turn mods... .... .PAL should be doinf a ver1.0 of the TC4 diff here soon.. that will not slip under a mod motors power load and the teflon blades should hold up much better
-Dave
Old 07-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxkat
Tony Phalen I just sold an RTR TC4..what a pyle.. The speed controller will just go full throttle for no reason,the car is not glitching or having any other radio problems,also the gear mesh(spur and pinion)was not right,the motor was not tight,the wheels nuts were not tightened,only 2 of the shocks had oil in them..all this and I talked the person out of the Losi xxxs RTR..boy was my face red.. having all these problems and me telling a customer what a great company Associated is..or is that was..
And you didn't contact us why???? See, it's stuff like this that upsets me a bit...you come on here and rant on how bad the car is, yet we have NO idea the car CAME that way!!!!!! We don't SEE every car that enters our building...and to have ALL that stuff wrong, well, that sounds like a serious problem, no? That would have been a good candidate to send it and check it out.

Please, please, please, as any manufacturer will tell you, if you don't bring the problems to us, we don't know they exist. Bashing the product on ANY forum does not help the cause. Please contact us with these problems. We need to know about them.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Lord

Tony this just happened wednesday night,So i have not had a chance to call Associated about this problem.I race a TC4 so i would have to say I'm not really an Associated "basher"..I'm one of the few in my area that races an Associated..everyone else bashes Associated.. j/k You can be "mad" about this but I bet your not as upset over this as the kid who bought the car..or me.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tony - We had a guy flaming one of our Nitro Trucks on another message board a few months ago. He never called in to get his problems solved and sold his car.

I posted the following:

"Please have the person that you sold your truck to contact us. We will send him a UPS call tag to return the truck to us so we can repair or replace it free of charge. If you had called we would have done the same for you"

The guy he sold it to contacted us and now is pleased as punch. Turns out the original guy had the engine idle cranked way up because he never read the instructions and was burning out clutches and spur gears all the time. We replaced the parts ands re-set the carb...problems gone.

People really should pick up the phone when they have problems before posting on message boards.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Not to defend the bashing here because I think "that" should have been handled in a different way...

Today's consumers are all about "Instant Satisfaction". I'm sure that you can see this trend. That is why "sending it back" is not a viable solution. For instance, let us say that the RTR was a gift, the consumer gives it to his/her kid, and the thing doesn't work. Kid's bawling, consumer is upset, goes to the shop owner for warranty...owner says he has to send it back and it will take 7-10 business days to fix. Is the customer happy (remember the kid screaming in the backround)? Will he blame the shop and never come back or will he blame the Manufacturer. This is a tough position to be put in and to be honest, the shop owners "best move" from a PR and a customer satisfaction standpoint is to "fix it right then". A shop owners options are very limited at that point. Then walking the "warranty" and "reimbursment" angle is another nightmare. He is at a "net loss" on the sale of the kit. He can only hope that his good customer service is what brings him more business. If not, he will be out of business shortly...

Could AE help him after the fact, after he did the repair? This puts the Manufacturer in a bad position and can potentially cost huge amounts of $$ in unsubstantiated warranty claims. Warranty costs go directly against the bottom line so the Manufacturer publishes policies on warranty. Now see above.

What can a shop owner do?
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by xxxkat
.what a pyle.. having all these problems and me telling a customer what a great company Associated is..or is that was..

Dude , your bashing ......

bet the kid would of been more polite....
Old 07-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Lord

Ok..Bashing..a bit,But here's the deal as a shop owner(a new shop at that)I have to make it right with my customer right then and their,So it's money out of my pocket that I may or may not get back,Maybe just maybe Associated should do a better job on quality control.AdrianM and how is this like the guy who was bashing your truck???? All we did was take the car out of the box put a battery in it and drive it..no adjustments just ran it.Wild Cherry..and what do you have to do with this other than putting your foot in your mouth..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.