Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 picture (+cliff lett)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default according to the artical...

the hub bearings may be larger. I doubt you could change much over from the old TC3, but then I could be wrong.

I WAS hoping for better shocks design. I hate building AE shocks!!! I always thought HPI's were the smoothest and easiest to build. Just my two cents. I do hope they go to a bladder shocks and threaded composite shocks for the racer version. A racer version with an aluminum shaft, plastic outdrives and threaded shocks would be the very best racer kit out there hands down for $150.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love the AE shocks, super easy to build and smooth. Never had a problem with them.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default for me it is a matter of getting them....

consistent. Not bad, but it takes more time than I want to spend getting them shocks right.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Theres a trick to it
Old 08-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

I'd be willing to bet that since the racer kit comes with aluminum shocks, the FT kit comes with... Titanium or something a little bit nicer.

I want to see this "ram-air" thing in the chassis. I wonder how much dirt the motors are going to pick up NOW.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default .... a little disappointed

yes in essense it is a new car
yes it is or will be better than the tc3
yes it looks good
yes it is a lot more adjustable
yes they have fixed all the bugs
and yes it will perform

BUT .... i personally had high hopes that AE would release a car with a totally "new" look and design to all the others that are out there right now. I think we all agree that the TC3 was the most revolutionary touring car ever and how it changed the face of 1/10 touring car racing. Do you think that the TC4 would live up to that reputation???

If ever there was a company capable of designing a car with a whole new design, AE would be at the top of that list. I just dont think it will live, race, perform, and grow old like the TC3 did.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default I would like to see some...

adjustable clicker dampening like I have seen on some of the more exotic shocks.

I would also like to see some more milling on the chassis vs. changes in the mold. Like around the motor slot and milling around the cell slots like the XXX-S. Just a thought.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

glide - i'm not really sure how much more new/different there is left in TC, the market is fairly mature. take 2w offroad; with the exception of material composition, todays latest and greatest cars are not much different from what was available 15+ years ago (in design, layout and features).
Old 08-31-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As long as it works,Who cares if it looks sorta like the TC-3..sign me up for one..
Old 08-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

By some reason, Associated always seems to build real good and fast cars. Whatīs the problem?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Andres: point well said! it was a good move in my opinion for AE to go with refining such a great TC rather than totally go radical with their design.

.... i know what my next TC is gonna be! wish it was out already!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by xxxkat
As long as it works,Who cares if it looks sorta like the TC-3..sign me up for one..
yeah!!.. count me in!!..
Old 08-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ANDERS makes a great point. Everyone is looking for some kind of revolutionary design and they forget the TC3 IS that design. It broke all the rules whan it was made. Everyone first said it would be a suck-a$$ car because it was shaft drive, and wouldnt have the durability it would need to be a full blown racer (think Tamiya TA-02 shaft cars). I think (check: winning history of the TC3) that has been proven WRONG. If you notice, the tendency for the market is to COPY the TC3. Copying that revolutionary design (geometry/shaft drive) OR just adding a belt or trying to figure out some way to add a motor in some other configuration. Everyone jokes about being able to add Losi XXX-S parts to the TC3 , but why do you think they fit?! It just happened?? Its odd the geometry on the rear hubs is almost exact. Imagine that.

Anyways, if you make the best ham sandwich in the industry, how the hell would you make it better?? Add another slice of ham baby!! Lay it on!

- DaveW
Old 08-31-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?????

Hello, the TC3 was revolutionary??? I think not, the drivetrain design and layout had been ironed out years before by a company called Tenth Tech.....

People doubted the preformance of the TC3?? Nobody has ever doubted the preformance of any Associated car before it's release.... These guys are experts they don't release slow cars......

The reason the Tc3 took the RC world by storm is because it was a mainstream car that used what was then an alternative drivetrain......

BTW DaveW- geometry has little to do with size matches..... Also 1/2" and 1" are very common measurement in the United States..... and that is why the Losi parts fit.......

Old 08-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Looking forward to getting a close up look on a FT version before i make up my mind if i will get one for racing next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.