R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC4 picture (+cliff lett) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/48896-tc4-picture-cliff-lett.html)

TryHard 08-29-2004 08:34 AM

TC4 picture (+cliff lett)

Right, I'm pretty sure this is legit, so here you go.

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/attachm...tachmentid=201

Don' look too much different to a TC3,
chassis seem to be tighter around the motor, and it appears to have bell crank steering.

Ed

TryHard 08-29-2004 08:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Zoomed in picture

etzkev 08-29-2004 08:40 AM

Yeah, just from looking at that pic, it's not MUCH different, but the chassis has been made more narrow to make it more balanced. Batteries have been moved in, etc.

-Kevin

S-T-R-l-K-E-R 08-29-2004 08:55 AM

guys i think you are mistaken on this... isnt this a CGM by yokomo?

etzkev 08-29-2004 08:58 AM

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
guys i think you are mistaken on this... isnt this a CGM by yokomo?
Haha, yes, the chassis is similar, but it isn't a GCM.

-Kevin

Herminator 08-29-2004 08:58 AM

Certainly looks real enough, still an ugly car :p
Only slight changes from what I see, but I'm no TC3 expert, maybe they should call it a TC3.5 :rolleyes:
I know the old design is still popular and wins races but have they maybe been a bit too conservative and are the changes enough to make people rush out and buy it?
I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they've built in any clever little design features.

TryHard 08-29-2004 08:59 AM

nope, I have special issue of Racer uk mag on my lap, and it's got pictures of all 8 of the top tourers, and that aint a CGM....
Gearbox casings are all different, as are the chassis struts.

I think the biggest change would be in the steering, but can't really see the changes to the suspension, given the blurryness of the picture, and that it has wheels on...

etzkev 08-29-2004 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Herminator
Certainly looks real enough, still an ugly car :p
Only slight changes from what I see, but I'm no TC3 expert, maybe they should call it a TC3.5 :rolleyes:
I know the old design is still popular and wins races but have they maybe been a bit too conservative and are the changes enough to make people rush out and buy it?
I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they've built in any clever little design features.

Yeah, TC3.5 would fit! :D :lol:

ttso 08-29-2004 10:44 AM

If this really the final design of "TC4", than I'm kind of disappoint.

This is still following the same TC3 design, with NTC3 style steering rack, narrowed chassis, battery move-in, just like all those mods you can do by yourself.

I was hoping AE is using similar design with Barracuda3 and TB EVO4, framework style gear box. It gives the best maintenance friendly and keep the structure in good shape (damper tower direct connect to structure framwork, not the top of gearbox), which I believe will be widely use in future TC design.

Another reason of disappoint is: since NTC3 following the basic design of TC3, it's reasonable to believe NTC4 will following the basic design of TC4. Than if TC4 is just a mod design, I doubt there will be a major design change on NTC4, which I really looking forward to.

But, this is just my 2cents. No matter what design they used, I will go for AE's new TC4 and NTC4...:nod:

ttso 08-29-2004 10:55 AM

Btw,

Forgot to add some infos:

I believe the photo is taken at Aug28 AE's workshop in TeamMagic office in TaiChung. So it must be something AE really working on.

--
If I know something like this will show at workshop, I will drive 130miles to attend the workshop, too bad...:cry:

Steve Weiss 08-29-2004 11:20 AM

No one is giving my man T-T-T-Torence any credit for being in the pic there... I have a sneaking suspicion he has alot more to do with the design of that car than people think...

Anways... car looks interesting...there are some subtle difference that'll be interested to see up close.

Mike Blackstock 08-29-2004 11:41 AM

I say props to T-T-T-Torence as well.....

Nice pic of those guys there..

Mike

forty6 08-29-2004 11:59 AM

Mike,
So is this really the TC4 or are you not at liberty to confirm or deny? :)

SirSpeedy 08-29-2004 12:31 PM

Can someone link the larger picture directly from thie website - I can't seem to view it from the racechat site.

TryHard 08-29-2004 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go