Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1o7x9
Hey keven what cva are you using on the front. And do you have a part # thank you good luck on you upcoming races
From hot bodies cyclone dcj, 5x10x3 bearings, and probably cyclone hex

It is same like his previous tc5

For me DCJ are too expensive, after some test with spec-r I'm happy,
but wait for ETS modified racing

m.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
From hot bodies cyclone dcj, 5x10x3 bearings, and probably cyclone hex

It is same like his previous tc5

For me DCJ are too expensive, after some test with spec-r I'm happy,
but wait for ETS modified racing

m.
how did you make the spec-r work maybe you can help me out. maybe some pic if you have some
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Droop setting

Hi Kevin, I am currently copying your setup from the Indoor Champs and I had a question regarding droop:

I am using the HUDY Droop gauge with the supplied HUDY support blocks and according to the set-up it calls for 7 and 6 droop setting. After setting this up with my droop gauge there is little-to-no up travel. I just want to make sure that is how it IS supposed to be. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Kevin,

Do you have a good carpet and asphalt setups for the TC5? I only have #3 pistons for my shocks, but if i have to i can buy other sizes.

I have nothing but problem with lack of rear traction.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Suspended

hey kevin, nice to see you playin inthe dirt in az..your cars looked great..well except for the parts hanging off in 4wd main..lol..anyways when are you coming back down this way..see ya in vegas..sure i will have to give you my tc 6 to setup for me..lol,
Ray
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Happy birthday Keven

For set up, where do you place weight on your car? Do you ever run weight in the front or rear to change your set up, or mainly put weight down the middle of the car to make minimum weight? Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Happy Birthday Frenchy!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AMainJay
Hi Kevin, I am currently copying your setup from the Indoor Champs and I had a question regarding droop:

I am using the HUDY Droop gauge with the supplied HUDY support blocks and according to the set-up it calls for 7 and 6 droop setting. After setting this up with my droop gauge there is little-to-no up travel. I just want to make sure that is how it IS supposed to be. Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Sorry for the delay I have been out of town for the last 3 weeks. I usualy go by feel and then use the AE gauge to make sure it is even. 7 and 6 should give you about 2mm uptravel depending on tire size. 2mm uptravel is where I start at more tracks and then adjust from there droop is very sensitive on a car and is usualy one of the first thing I will play with when I get to a track.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by bagged69chevy
Hey Kevin,

Do you have a good carpet and asphalt setups for the TC5? I only have #3 pistons for my shocks, but if i have to i can buy other sizes.

I have nothing but problem with lack of rear traction.
Hi,

I would start with the 09 IIC Vegas setup and give that a try. The other thing you could do is try a softer spting all the way around this is how we were running the tc5 in the end. Also, you could try adding more rear toe and camber if it is still not good enough.

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
hey kevin, nice to see you playin inthe dirt in az..your cars looked great..well except for the parts hanging off in 4wd main..lol..anyways when are you coming back down this way..see ya in vegas..sure i will have to give you my tc 6 to setup for me..lol,
Ray
Hi Ray,

was good seeing you at Cactus. Would like to get back there I had a great time but I am not sure if that will happen anytime soon but it is not out of my mind for sure .

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Happy birthday Keven

For set up, where do you place weight on your car? Do you ever run weight in the front or rear to change your set up, or mainly put weight down the middle of the car to make minimum weight? Thanks
thanks !!! I usualy have some weight in the middle and some behind the battery but it also depends on what electronics you run. Morde weight in the front will make the carr more stable and more weight in the rear will have more steering. It is a very good tuning option.

Originally Posted by turd ferguson
Happy Birthday Frenchy!
Thank you Brad, hope to see you again soon
Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hey keven I was wondering if you have a asphalt setup? And do you know if the Tc6 come whit hart plastic parts of the normal.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1o7x9
Hey keven I was wondering if you have a asphalt setup? And do you know if the Tc6 come whit hart plastic parts of the normal.
Obviously not Keven but the kit came with Hard plastic, early kits came with manuals that had faulty part #'s, I believe the new manual online is accurate
Old 04-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Keven,

I see on rcprogear.com that you used the X-12 13.5 in 1/12th scale. Could you please post your set-up? Roll-out, rotor, speedo software version, and settings?

It is great to see that The Team is figuring out competitive settings with this combo in 1/12th!

Thanks in advance,

Mike Slaughter
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by i1justin
Obviously not Keven but the kit came with Hard plastic, early kits came with manuals that had faulty part #'s, I believe the new manual online is accurate
Hm.
In my kit was standard plastics, I can compare it to my old tc5 and spares
that I have in box.

Hard ones looks diferent.

m.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really?! I had the hard parts in it. Deep black and real hard to put the droop screw in the wishbone.
Standard are the hard parts. Call AE they maybe give you a set hard parts for free
Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Really?! I had the hard parts in it. Deep black and real hard to put the droop screw in the wishbone.
Standard are the hard parts. Call AE they maybe give you a set hard parts for free
I call AE and the say that the first car came with normal plastic and then after that the came with hart. I don't know why would the do that but if you run in asphalt is better to have the normal. And if you run in carpet then the hart is better
Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Kevin,
Recently purchased the tc6, so far car is pretty dialed. I saw on the parts list the titanium ball studs. Are they worth it to upgrade? Is this what you run on your car? Thanks bro Ryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.