Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Kevin!

I miss you.....
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you best bet right now would be the SXX stock spec V2 ! in modified you can run it on on 0-0 ore 1-1 on the feel and boost ! not any higher.
LRP site says Stock Spec has turn limit of 4.0. For LRP, how well does the ESC handle, lets say a 4.5-5.5?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey Kev,
whats a good starting point setup for the tc6 on asphalt? I race on medium to low grip surfaces asphalt mostly, but sometimes at Norcal Hobbies which is medium to high grip asphalt.

Ive seen guys talking about your carpet setups a lot, but never about asphalt setups.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edgar_P
And TC6, any updates before long? TC6.1?
Originally Posted by Logi Maker
It's in the works...
Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi,

We have been running this configuration since snowbird back at the end of january ! It seems to work very good but this is just rough prototype. At this point it is too early to say any release date or anything but something we are working on.

I like 14 gauge the best ! With 16 gauge, it seems to heat even more and give me less run time in mod. Hope this helps.

Hi, we used to do it more on the tc5 ! the the more screw you take out in the rear the more rear traction you will have to a certain extend and vice versa. On the tc6, the only screw we play with is the one on the top deck where the spur gear mount is.

you best bet right now would be the SXX stock spec V2 ! in modified you can run it on on 0-0 ore 1-1 on the feel and boost ! not any higher.

I have been running the LRP x12 17.5 in all my cars when running stock classes with great success. Very good balace of torq and top end and is very durable as well.

I thought we went through this before ! but here is the latest I have... Stealth lube twice a day, in the morning and before you go to bed ! Apply gently on your face and let dry.

Hmm, should I wait a bit to get the TC6 if the 6.1 is in the works?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Kevin, thanks for all the help with the car today at the track.

Second congrats on owning the TQ so far for the weekend. Your car was dialed. Good luck tomorrow.

Lastly, if any of you ever get a chance to ask Kevin questions about your car, do it. He is the most approachable pro I have met, I am sure there are plenty, but he was really helpful.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dane
LRP site says Stock Spec has turn limit of 4.0. For LRP, how well does the ESC handle, lets say a 4.5-5.5?
As long as you run the esc on 1 on the timing profile it will be ok ! it will hold up but a fan might be necessary.

Originally Posted by bagged69chevy
hey Kev,
whats a good starting point setup for the tc6 on asphalt? I race on medium to low grip surfaces asphalt mostly, but sometimes at Norcal Hobbies which is medium to high grip asphalt.

Ive seen guys talking about your carpet setups a lot, but never about asphalt setups.
Hi, we have came up with a new asphalt setup that seems to work very good this last week end ! I will have the setup posted on teamassociated,s website as soon as possible ! this will be what I will start at the Reedy Race at the end of the month.

Originally Posted by skinart76
Hmm, should I wait a bit to get the TC6 if the 6.1 is in the works?
this post was talking about the 12 scale car but it is still a little ways away.

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Kevin, thanks for all the help with the car today at the track.

Second congrats on owning the TQ so far for the weekend. Your car was dialed. Good luck tomorrow.

Lastly, if any of you ever get a chance to ask Kevin questions about your car, do it. He is the most approachable pro I have met, I am sure there are plenty, but he was really helpful.
Thank you ! my pleasure to help you glad I was able to, if you need any help feel free to message me.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Hi, we have came up with a new asphalt setup that seems to work very good this last week end ! I will have the setup posted on teamassociated,s website as soon as possible ! this will be what I will start at the Reedy Race at the end of the month.
Get it fast, it's an order, LOL.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi keven! when using the spec-r gear diff are you guys using different cv shafts and axles or modifying the stock tc6 ones. i remember seeing somewhere that juho was using the 3 racing sakura zero cv shafts thanx
Old 05-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hi keven! when using the spec-r gear diff are you guys using different cv shafts and axles or modifying the stock tc6 ones. i remember seeing somewhere that juho was using the 3 racing sakura zero cv shafts thanx
Hi, I use the stock CVA with spec R diff. You need to either take a little bid of material off the oudrive to make it fit freely or you can dremel the ball on the drive shaft to make it fit.

Juho ran the ti racing cva for a little while but I am not sure what he uses now.

My latest asphalt setup has been posted on www.rc10.com for those interested ! If you have any question feel free to ask
Old 05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanx!!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

My latest asphalt setup has been posted on www.rc10.com for those interested ! If you have any question feel free to ask
That's cool!

Just a couple of questions about your latest tc6's setup: why were you running so wide in the front? (3.5mm shims) What's the difference in using a stiffer spring in the inner hole of the arm instead of a softer spring in the outer hole?

Thanks!

Last edited by Fastfreddy74; 05-08-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Droop

Kevin,

When you measure the droop on your WCRC set up at what points do you measure. Meaning from where to where is the 7mm.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Kevin,

When you measure the droop on your WCRC set up at what points do you measure. Meaning from where to where is the 7mm.

Thanks.

Hi!

Read this:

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...droopgauge.PDF

Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi K.

I see you nad Juho have a carbon bumper at the back some shock tower!?

From which car is it?

Regards
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hi K.

I see you nad Juho have a carbon bumper at the back some shock tower!?

From which car is it?

Regards
It is rear tc6 tower, little cut to fit.

m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.