Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here you go, Keven. I guess you're still #1.

And keeping good company, too. The Clash, Ferrari, and two Hebert mod cars. Watch out 5th grade!

The kid is doing okay
Attached Thumbnails Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC-back-school-1280x960-.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Keven

I have a question regarding the rear diff in touring cars. I've noticed from the setups you've posted that sometimes you run a lighter fluid, like 30w, and sometimes you go heavier, like 1000k. Can you tell me how you determine what's best for a particular track?
Old 11-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Crazy conning front tires ...

Hi Hev!

It is nice that I can ask you the question about last 12th scale car.

Question is: how mych camber you set on front tires?

I see that one friend has issue with coned tires, inside diameter is higher then outside on tire.

Block 10deg, on top arm shims: front thin, rear thick, toe 0.5deg out, camber about -1deg, spring .20. Rest like on std asso setup at rear end, (stock box parts, settings).

To made tires almost flat, front camber is really high. -3.5deg each side, that so crazy.

But on GT10 car (200mm asso based) I have to use at last -4deg ...

What I can say, plastics are stiff, not too much play on parts, all looks fine.

No tweak in car, perfect balance L/R (-/+ 5g) which perfect, same RH on edges....

I was thinking too much play on parts or plastics get weak ... but all there is fine.

We are using stiffening carbon part between left and right blocks...

Maybe you know something?

Compared to little older Xray 12 or last one, they use max -2deg to made tires conning inside. We have to use more camber to made tires life longer ...

Fluid is markus mobers about 10mm inside for 5-6 min max ... on fronts.

Can you say something?

Best regards from Poland.

abram

ps: at gt10 I will go on 12L4 front end for tests, it looks that it is stiffer ...
Old 11-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Keven, when is the TC7 due for release ???
Old 12-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Here you go, Keven. I guess you're still #1.

And keeping good company, too. The Clash, Ferrari, and two Hebert mod cars. Watch out 5th grade!

The kid is doing okay
Hey Todd,

That is just awesome ! I am wayy late but I saved the picture in my phone ! Looking forward to see you guys in Victoria

Originally Posted by jha07
Hi Keven

I have a question regarding the rear diff in touring cars. I've noticed from the setups you've posted that sometimes you run a lighter fluid, like 30w, and sometimes you go heavier, like 1000k. Can you tell me how you determine what's best for a particular track?
Hi,

For some reaosn some of the earlier diff we had, we were running very thin in them and it still felt a little thick, like probably 50wt felt like 1000CST,

I play with diff fluid quite ofter on how the car drive in and out of the corner, in most situation I use from 2000 to 7000, usualy on carpet track I start at 3 and a lot of time on higher traction I will go thicker to make the car slightly easier to drive and have more drive out of the corner but each track feels different and depending also on tires it can vary.

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi Hev!

It is nice that I can ask you the question about last 12th scale car.

Question is: how mych camber you set on front tires?

I see that one friend has issue with coned tires, inside diameter is higher then outside on tire.

Block 10deg, on top arm shims: front thin, rear thick, toe 0.5deg out, camber about -1deg, spring .20. Rest like on std asso setup at rear end, (stock box parts, settings).

To made tires almost flat, front camber is really high. -3.5deg each side, that so crazy.

But on GT10 car (200mm asso based) I have to use at last -4deg ...

What I can say, plastics are stiff, not too much play on parts, all looks fine.

No tweak in car, perfect balance L/R (-/+ 5g) which perfect, same RH on edges....

I was thinking too much play on parts or plastics get weak ... but all there is fine.

We are using stiffening carbon part between left and right blocks...

Maybe you know something?

Compared to little older Xray 12 or last one, they use max -2deg to made tires conning inside. We have to use more camber to made tires life longer ...

Fluid is markus mobers about 10mm inside for 5-6 min max ... on fronts.

Can you say something?

Best regards from Poland.

abram

ps: at gt10 I will go on 12L4 front end for tests, it looks that it is stiffer ...
Hey there,

I never had to run more than 2 degree front camber on any of my 1/12 car. The one the I could see if maybe he needs to try more castor and also maybe 5 degree block to help with that but Otherwise it is hard to say why it wear the outside that much faster, I feel like over 2 degree front camber, something is wrong but then again tracks are different here and carpet is also different.

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Keven, when is the TC7 due for release ???
Early to late January !
Old 12-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you experimented with the transverse battery in the 12th scale or does front to back seem to work everywhere