Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EPIC "D3" Duo 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Don't remove the whole thing! Just loosen the screws a little buddy! Lol no worries we have all been there - keep asking questions bc it's the people who think they automatically know everyone who mess up the worst.

In other words, put it back together but leave those three screws a little loose until you can rotate the center piece.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

what other company rotors that will fit in the duo3?

thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dane
Don't remove the whole thing! Just loosen the screws a little buddy! Lol no worries we have all been there - keep asking questions bc it's the people who think they automatically know everyone who mess up the worst.

In other words, put it back together but leave those three screws a little loose until you can rotate the center piece.
I was removing the whole to take picture about it

When i loose the screw a little it don't move anithing with rotate...
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Mine was difficult to turn as well. I can't figure out if it is the plate that the three screws go through or the plate on the end that the threads go into are causing it. I did get it to a spot I wanted it to be at so I just tightened it back down and will be giving it a try.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As you can see in the pic they grind out the areas on the main plate which sometimes creates little burs which stop the plate from moving. If I have one where it doesn't move I tap out the smaller disc and then smooth out any imperfections and re assemble.

Normally after that it works perfectly,
Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

This engine make me crazy

How the center can move because it s one pieces...

Whats the graduation utility if it s can't slip anymore.

I ve try to put the "C plate" directly on the aluminium pieces and put the sensor after. But i can't put it the bearing. That s was just a desesperate try

I will run with this stock timing
Old 06-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default advice!

hi guys, blew up my new 13.5t orca today! tmps were only peaking at 70 degrees and only second time ive run it so pretty jarred off!

anyway, now need another one, already got a speedpassion which seems very hardy but not as quick as the orca.

ive got a hw xtreme stock running indoor on carpet, track is around 35 mtrs long, racing an xray t3'11.

how would a d3 suit and what sort of settings?

cheers
Old 06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manson
Attached Thumbnails EPIC "D3" Duo 3-chambley14022.jpg  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manson

How the center can move because it s one pieces...

Whats the graduation utility if it s can't slip anymore.

I ve try to put the "C plate" directly on the aluminium pieces and put the sensor after. But i can't put it the bearing. That s was just a desesperate try

I will run with this stock timing
Please read my post, it is not 1 piece it is two pieces and I would say they have jammed together and this is why they are not moving as they should be.

As I suggested, the disc that has Trinity written on it is a separate piece to the part that has the timing notch marks on it. Turn it upside down and from the inside very lightly tap on different sections of thr small disc and it should come apart. I DO say gently as you don't want to hit it hard and damage or bend it
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
hi guys, blew up my new 13.5t orca today! tmps were only peaking at 70 degrees and only second time ive run it so pretty jarred off!

anyway, now need another one, already got a speedpassion which seems very hardy but not as quick as the orca.

ive got a hw xtreme stock running indoor on carpet, track is around 35 mtrs long, racing an xray t3'11.

how would a d3 suit and what sort of settings?

cheers
The D3 would work fine. You might have to find the right gearing for your track as with anymotor, But the majority of people in the states run some sort of Trinity Duo motor and they usually fill most of the Amains in spec racing.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Please read my post, it is not 1 piece it is two pieces and I would say they have jammed together and this is why they are not moving as they should be.

As I suggested, the disc that has Trinity written on it is a separate piece to the part that has the timing notch marks on it. Turn it upside down and from the inside very lightly tap on different sections of thr small disc and it should come apart. I DO say gently as you don't want to hit it hard and damage or bend it

Yes it is two peices. Sometimes it is stuck and needs alittle bit of nudge to move or come loose. He is correct with what he told you to do.

Mike
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As I suggested, the disc that has Trinity written on it is a separate piece to the part that has the timing notch marks on it. Turn it upside down and from the inside very lightly tap on different sections of thr small disc and it should come apart. I DO say gently as you don't want to hit it hard and damage or bend it[/QUOTE]

I also had the same prob. when I first bought mine. I have fixed it now, all you need to do is sand the outside edge of the smaller pc. a little. Took me about 2 min. to do it. The machining tolerance is a bit tight, or the anodizing.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

can someone tell me how much timing each notch is on a duo3 thanks!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gguertin145
can someone tell me how much timing each notch is on a duo3 thanks!
8 degrees.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Hi there
What the max endbell timing advance possible on the D3

Also , what the most that the endbell shold be advanced , for 'blinky class' esc's
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.