Kyosho electric cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho electric cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

This front one-way diff. thing is BS!!!! Kyosho had better do something about it. I just built mine and don't even feel like trying it out. I'm gonna swap the new foams off of my KX-One and put em' back on my FT TC-3!!!!!

GT-4, very disconcerting to hear about your woes! I'm gonna call SlammySam today and see how he made out with his ball diff. I know he got two of em', but they were BIG bucks, something like 60.00, I believe!!!!!

Phil W2GE
Old 10-28-2001, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

How does the stock bal diff for the front fit? I mean, the bearings are of different size and the holes in the ladders are different as well. Does the diff kit come with all the stuff to make the change complete without mods or will I need to fire up the dremel?????

I'm very dis-pleased with the oneway problems. I'm not even going to send it back. I'll just throw it out on the highway and let a tractor trailer run over it. LOL
Old 10-28-2001, 06:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Not quite sure all the details GT-4, talked to SlammySams kinda "partner" (Own the hobby shop at our local indoor track, Pottbellys') and he said Sam had to order individual parts in order to "make" a front diff. At cost it was over 65.00!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats BS!!!!!

I really wish you would notify Kyosho that you ate up over three bearings... They NEED to know that this thing is self-destructing! And then they should come up with a fix and FREE retrofit kit in my opinion. It's not like this KX-ONE is some cheapy kit. I'm going to look on there site about email notification address and complain to them about all the one-way bearing failures!

Phil W2GE
Old 10-28-2001, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

TO ALL, Here is a copy of a letter that I emailed to carsupport at Great Planes ([email protected]; Kyosho tech support):

Regarding the KYOSHO KX-ONE

Dear Sirs,

I own a new KX-ONE and have heard with alarming rates the failure of the front one-way bearing. Four of us in this local area bought them together and one of us by his third pack the bearing was shot. I initially thought maybe it was just a one-off bad bearing/construction mistake/etc... but found a KX-ONE forum group on the internet and have heard of NUMEROUS failures.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=3

If you go through the forum EVERYONE has eaten up the bearings. One subscriber (GT-4) ate up three bearings in one day. (He replaced the stock bearing with TC-3 front bearings as they are available and the "same") I know of many others that said they have sent the front-one way back to KYOSHO already.]

I would like to know what KYOSHO is planning to do about this situation. I do not even feel like trying my KX-ONE out as I presume the bearing will just fail...., in fact I stripped the foams off of it and am continuing to run my Associated Factory Team TC-3 because of this.

I have been a large supporter of KYOSHO in the past (I race a V-ONE-R, ULTIMA GP and EP type R's and also own a SuperTEN), but find this bearing failure very disconcerting. I wish to hear from you shortly and am posting this letter and your response on the FORUM for all to read as many are anxious about this on-going problem.

Sincerely,

Phil Levin, D.C.
[email protected]

I may have embellished a bit but we need to get a fire under their ASS!!!!!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

w2, I agree, I would rather get a complimentry front ball diff assm. from GreatPlanes or Kyosho then deal with a oneway problem. They NEED to make it right for all the people that spent big $$$$$$$ on the kit. I've owned alot of big "K" stuff and they always were high priced regardless.

Last night I was ready to fill the front oneway housing with CA glue and lock the front end just to run the car. Now, next weekend is the first big trophy race of the indoor season for me and I'll have to sit out. Even after qualifying and finishing in the top 3 the week before with the car NOT completely set-up. I still need a few weeks to get the car better but I really need a ball diff to do it. It's hard to get the car right when the oneway keeps going out every run. Plus the pull to the right that it has under heavy throttle. I'm going to get on the phone tomorrow and talk to Richard Saxton or Regan and see if he/they can do anything.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Today I went to Speedtechrc to race and I saw a guy who has a TF-4 type R. The arm of that car is some kinda metal it has a broze color to it. And his car's box is black with gold letters. Is that some kinda speical edition TF-4 R????? or all the TF-4R has the same thing???
Old 10-28-2001, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey TRF-Powered,

You should have just asked me about it when you saw it. There is no limited edition TF-4R. It is a standard TF-4R with Eagle Racing alloy arms. I had the kit for a while, but never built it until now. I was going to run it, but since I need to get another Tamiya car for the Tamiya race, I am selling the car brand new, but already built.

If anyone is interested, send me an e-mail with an offer, I may also consider trading it for a TA04R or TRF414M(new or used).

BTW, I have been running my KX-ONE for couple of months(at least 40 runs on it). I had a hard time trying to find the right set up, but the car has been extremly reliable. My one-way is still as smooth as ever(knock on wood!!!), even after abusing it with 10 turn mod motors. I built it per the instructions, so I don't know why my one way is holding up.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

check your PM Slow driver~
Old 10-29-2001, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When I get my car back i'll let you guys know what kind of replacements if any I received for my car. I too hope they would make an upgrade or a recall for the one-way just to make sure everyone has a solid reliable car- but they will do it I'm sure only if they get enough complaints about the problem. If enough people complain maybe kyosho should provide a replacement ball diff. Even at a small cost, say $20 i would buy a replacement diff to eliminate this one-way headache.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I got a list together. I guess I'll be calling GP and see if they have any of it. The way my luck is goin, they won't have the one part that I'll need to make a complete ball diff.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:01 PM
Tech Rookie

If you guys remember on 10/28 I sent an email to Kyosho support regarding the one-way failures... (See Above)

Anyway, I haven't heard a thing from them!!!!!! Great email tech support! I re-emailed them and if I do not hear from them in a few days I'm gonna call!!!!

So far, there lack of response has me P***ed off.................

Phil W2GE
Old 11-01-2001, 05:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

W2ge: if you have the number, you might as well call right now! Shoot go straight to the source.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 11-01-2001, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by w2ge
If you guys remember on 10/28 I sent an email to Kyosho support regarding the one-way failures... (See Above)

Anyway, I haven't heard a thing from them!!!!!! Great email tech support! I re-emailed them and if I do not hear from them in a few days I'm gonna call!!!!

So far, there lack of response has me P***ed off.................

Phil W2GE
Hey Phil, I won't be able to go sunday. Have to do something with my wife and girls. hope to try out the ball diff tommorrow night though.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

maybe I'll have less steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.