Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho electric cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Kyosho electric cars

I was thinking of getting a new electric car and was just wondering what the general quality is like in Kyosho's electric cars. I have a Kyosho V-One R and love it, but whats their EP cars like.

peace
Old 09-06-2001, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i run stock on Kyosho KX1. but not much hopups and replacement parts are available on the market yet. it is also the reason i run stock motor with this car
check out my home page.
www.geocities.com/chobchu
Old 09-07-2001, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

i also have one. i'll post some pictures soon.
NitroDave, if you are interested in a KX-one, i have a brand new unopen one, i can give you a good deal one it. let me know
Old 09-07-2001, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

I just bought one last week and finished assembling it over the weekend. I was just in awe of its quality, engineering and fit. It's as if Honda or Toyota decided to build r/c cars and this is their end product. Will be driving for the first time this weeekend so we'll see if it runs as polished as it was designed.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

ME-Student,

Wow~ Look at your collections. Where did you get that TRF414???? They are not sold in the state. Hey, What kinda deal are you giving on that NIB KX-one????
Old 09-07-2001, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

TRF-Powered, send me Private message, i'll let you know the price. just to let you know the lowest price is at Ultimatehobbies it is at 310+tax=335... i am way lower than that.. are you going to speedtech this sunday?
Old 09-08-2001, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

yeah... i'm thinking of going to speedtech this sunday...
Old 09-08-2001, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

woops... I got it all messed up..

ME-student I wasn't talking to you when I said about the TRF414 I was talking to ernestf. somehow I read both of your messages into one.....
Old 09-08-2001, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Wink

TRFpowered : I hold on the answer until you correct yourself
I bought it yrs ago when it was first lauched. Yes it is a collection items for display only. I heard ppl said that it is not running very good. So I better save it, plus you can see an unique serial number printed on the rear bulkhead.
What kind of TRF is powered on your side ?
Old 09-08-2001, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Since you live in Hong Kong, it makes sense that you can get the kit. How much did you pay for it anyway? It should come with setting wheels isn't it?

So far I got TB-Evo and TRF414M. I don't wanna bother to go back and collect the 03 TRF kits. the only 03 kit that I am interested in is the T03RS-TRF. Right now i'm looking into getting a kyosho car or a F103LM TRF.

I missed out on bidding on the LM-TRF on Ebay once. the kit was sold for only 130. AHHHH that's a killer deal.

Oh I also have like 52 of Tamiya's Mini4wd. 11 of them are totally hopped up with some limited edition parts (limited release body, wheels, and bumper parts).

I have been a Tamiya fan for a longgggggg time~~~

Right now I just wanna try different brand.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

I started RC 10+ yrs ago, by that time, I was a big Tamiya fans.
Hotshot, Fox, Bomberang .... I stop this hobby when I was in college.
I picked that up again 3 yrs ago with a Tamiya FF01 (Golf V5 body !) after so many yrs of retirement from the hobby.
Now, u see my list, it is full of cars again but not that much Tamiya stuff. I like to try different thing and design, front/mid/rear mount motor, different mounting of batt, single/double belt, shaft-drive .... etc.
I also try a different brands of electronics, and so far my best choice is KO tx/rx, Futaba or Sanwa servo, Novak ESC and CE charger. I have no bias on brands of chassis and motors tho Just try to make thing as fast and stable as it can !!! This is where the fun come from
Where are u living ? US ?
Old 09-08-2001, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

yeah, i'm in U.S.

HK is such a great place to be. Stuff are cheap and you can still haggle to get even better price.

I have no bias about which brand either. But I only go for Japanese RC company though. Cuz Japanese's RC cars are better quailty. I crashed my TB-EVO many times on high speed and nothing broke yet.

I go for Futaba radios too. I have a 3PDF now. it has most of the features that I need, So I figure no reason to pay more for a PJS.

futaba servos are excellent too.
Old 09-08-2001, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

You all seem to agree that the kxone is good but what do you think of this car?

http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyoc0137.html

this is the 2000 model, is there a 2001 coming soon?

i have a Ta-04 and was thinking about selling it to buy this. is it a bad descision? the kyosho comes with one way, ball diffs, carbon parts etc but the TA-04 is all plastic and stock gear diffs.

can anyone answer this.

cheers
Old 09-08-2001, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

nitro dave, this is a Kyosho TF4 type R u are referring to. You can consider it as the previous version of KX-One (yeah, they didn't look like each other).
I have had TF4 two yrs ago when it first hit the market. I sold it after only running it for 30-40 packs of batt. Basically it is a good car to drive, senstive to adjustment, and provide a lot of adjustment option. However, its front and rear bulkhead are all made of plastic and need maintenance after a few run. Otherwise, the chassis is easy to tweak, and affect performance.
Old 09-09-2001, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

thanks ernestf.

can i have anyone else's opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.