Kyosho electric cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho electric cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

MikeR, I have a friend that knows a guy at GP real well. He HAD them in stock but now are out. Should be in on the 18th. He's hookin me up. I don't have a part # but when I get everything I need I'll let you know. I'm thinking it will be in parts and not a complete set.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

MikeR - as far as i know the body is from protoform and it is an opel calibra 190mm body the product code is #1409..........
Old 10-20-2001, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

GT4-r terror, can you let me know the part # for the front diff for the kxone? please.
Old 10-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey fellas,
how many teeth are on one of the kx-one belts? please let me know, as i am working on a project car and may use one. thanks all. later.

if you like, as i would, you can email me at:

[email protected]

any reply would be great.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Guys, What's the deal with the KX-One front diff going bad???? Bad set of bearing or is it due to the ball cups sliding out when running and eating up the bearing??? (Not installing those foam spacers)

What about the fix someone mentioned? Are we supposed to grind off that little nub that aligns the one ball cup into the other??

Has anyone talked to anyone at Kyosho and received a satisfactory answer/replacement/fix?????

Phil W2GE
Old 10-25-2001, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Well.. Here is the deal

OK.. I was the one who mentioned grinding off the nub. The reason this works is that When you do crash the drive cups flex. Because of the alignment pin the drive cups are no longer able to work independant of each other and they bind putting extra stress on the oneway bearings. Without the alignment pin, the drive cups are able to be independant of each other and not cause the binding effect that seems to occur in a crash, causing less stress on the bearings. I dont believe the actual bearing here is the issue since I had replaced the one ways bearing with better ones from the TC3 and Yokomo oneways. For some reason I had the same problems. I also tried using rubber o rings instead of the foam spacers in the drive cups and still had problems. So after replacing the oneway and the drive cups I decided to take away the one thing that did not make any sense. That stupid little alignment pin! and walah!! no more blown oneway bearings in my last 5 appearances at the track.
I hope this helps.
Shawn
Old 10-25-2001, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Shawn! You Da' Man!

When I first heard read about grinding off the pin as a fix it didn't make snese to me, know I understand!!! That must be it, it gets bent/ot-of-alignment and then the drive cups grind on each other eating up the bearing! Bingo!

Thanks! Hope that stops mine fron getting wasted! Phil
Old 10-25-2001, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah, thanks Shawn. Will definitely do that when i get the kx-one back from them. i tried the o-ring trick too with no good result. When I called the service department it seemed like the guy never heard of the problem and wanted to actually argue about the whole thing. So if you all want to call and complain about the one-way i'd be happy to give a phone number. Maybe that way the problem will be corrected.
Old 10-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

MikeR, Yea, Please give the number. In the past I have been very pleased with Kyosho tech support. I got a new Ultima GP Type R and it had the electric body in it, as well as I broke a part when assembling the kit and Kyosho without any questions made good on it. But, I will definitly call Kyosho about the one-way.

I also have the V-One-R, a SuperTen with an OS Laydown, the Ultima EP type R (as well as the GP) and now the KX-One. So, you can see I'm a Kyosho fan. I also have numerous others (Factory team TC-3, RC-12L3 and about 7 more!) Anyway....

Phil W2GE
Old 10-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ok, the number is 217-398-8970. The place is called Hobbyservices, they handle repairs for kyosho north america.

This is my first on-road Kyosho. Had an Optima Mid and Slingshot a looonngg time ago
Old 10-26-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Well I changed the oneway bearing. I used a bearing from a TC3 oneway. I also ground the nipple off the one outdrive. We'll see how it holds up tomorrow, well today. I'll let you know.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Well, the oneway didn't hold up. I went through 3 oneway bearings. One in each round. I really don't know what to think. I'm definitely getting a ball diff for it. Other then that, the car worked very well. I managed to start 3rd on the grid out of 25 or so stock sedans and finished 3rd. Top 3 were the only cars to get 17 laps. I feel if I get a ball diff I can work on the car more to get it to handle better but the oneway is stopping me from doing it. The car has WAY to much sterring for me. I ran foams (plaid/purple) on carpet and I couldn't even begin to think about putting ANY compound on the front. I just need more time with the car and a ball diff. I also noticed that the car is tough, I did hit the walls a few times and it didn't even knock the tweak off any. I look forward to getting a ball diff and see what it can really do.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 10-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I just built a ball diff last night and will run with it tommorrow.
will let you know how it works.
Old 10-27-2001, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh by the way, I sent my first oneway to hobbyservices for warranty. I hope they will replace it. the guy seemed a little iffy about wheathe or not they will.
Old 10-28-2001, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

slammin, what diff did you build? I have been told that the diffs for the car are not aval. until the 18th of next month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.