Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:21 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin684
I can see USGT as a class going by the wayside in the not too distant future.
I don't see this happening. Mainly because, in my opinion at least, GT is the next best class to go to after you get tired of and/or confident with VTA. It's faster, more exciting, and thankfully less expensive than VTA. I'm watching it happen at my club. Once a competent VTA'er gets a taste of GT, it's bye bye VTA.
Kodey65 likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I hope you are right. VTA can be a bit on the money ,money side.[Tires mainly]. Where I run we have a lot of the expert and mod drivers dropping down in class and pretty much dominating a race. Don't get me wrong. I just work my lines and complete laps working on improvement.
JC3 and XSRCdesign like this.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like that there are fast guys in USGT at my local level. Gives me something to work towards and generally those guys are willing to help with advice etc..
Old 03-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
TC stock disappeared already, only super stock 17.5 and Usgt are left at the club level. Usgt needs to have stricter body legality rules, that's all, and probably needs to enforce a body diversity rule(not more than three of the same body per main) , something like no unrealistic hyper car bodies for top seven TQ racers of every main, etc.....Just something to mix things up a bit and not end up with the EXOGT Class at every event....That will also force some to get a second(realistic) body....
This post contains the most comprehensive list of bad ideas ever suggested.

Everyone...please quit it with the complaining about bodies already. It's racing. Most people will use the body (or whatever other part) that performs the best. There will always be one or two bodies that are the best bodies) or at least the easiest to set up for). You know what the single biggest problem with USGT is, and it's not even close?

Complaining.

Knock it off already. There will never be anything near reasonable application of body requirements as long as ROAR continues to take forever to do anything, and comprehensively fails to understand what the goal was with USGT as it pertains to 'real cars' so if you want to complain about something, complain about that. Apart from that, quit yer bitchin and enjoy racing in a class that is fun to drive and fun to look at.

On a side note, arguably the most successful USGT guy in the US runs a McAllister MX Stang body, so it's not like it's not possible to run a scale-looking car and be competitive.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dman18t
With LMP car being eliminated from the 24 hrs of LeMans after this year, might be a good time to prepare and rewrite the GT body List with a 1 year notice.

What if we split USGT into 2 classes? There is always a war going on between the "win at all cost" crowd vs the scale crowd. I say give them what they want, scale guys run the GT class (has to be a real car, real liveries, run at LeMans, maybe even 25.5). Performance's oriented racers can keep their body of the week (that are not really GT cars but more like hypercars) such as the pzero, R-tek, Venom and other super/hypercars.

Simplest way to differentiate is what class do they run at Lemans, Sebring or similar endurance races. Vette, viper, 911, Aston Martin are all true GT cars. Pagani, McLaren Saleen are super/hypercars.

FYI Hypercars will replace LMP prototypes in 2020 so this would be the perfect opportunity to follow suit in RC. A class for scale guys (GT). & Hypercars for the performance crowd. Could this work with a 1 year notice to prepare racers and manufactuers? Thoughts?
What fantasy clubs do you all race in where you have so many people that splitting up classes is ever a good idea? We get 10-12 USGT folks every Sunday, and I seriously doubt that there are many tracks in the US that are regularly getting more than that.

There is a simple truth that people refuse to accept. That truth is that there are not all that many people racing rc cars. We don't have the luxury of having 27 different classes in every club to cater to the vastly different tastes and desires of all the different racers out there. If you really want RC car racing to thrive, pick the classes that are closest to what you enjoy, and then vigorously support those classes.

If a general consensus arises from time to time regarding individual improvements, then by all means, work to affect those changes. Current tires in GT would be a good example. I don't think most people like how short-lived they are, so this could be an area for improvement. But this scale body thing is a non-starter. Yes, it is important to some, but not all, and not most. Most people are racing, and as such place the priority on performance, and don't care so much that a P-Zero looks nothing like a real Pagani, or that a Pagani is a tiny-run super car, or whatever.

If your club has 40 USGT runners every week, and you think splitting up the class might work have at it. If not, do what makes you happy personally, and go race!
Old 03-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by glennhl
And actually the P Zero isn't too far from the Riley Prototype. The Riley was my favorite body and when it was outlawed, I looked for a similar body and settled on the P Zero.
The funny thing is that the Riley is a real car, and for years there were more of them in the real world than there were Paganis. The only reason that Pagani eventually caught up was that they kept building the same car for many many years (like 15 I think).
glennhl likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dietDrThunder

Knock it off already. There will never be anything near reasonable application of body requirements as long as ROAR continues to take forever to do anything, and comprehensively fails to understand what the goal was with USGT as it pertains to 'real cars' so if you want to complain about something, complain about that. Apart from that, quit yer bitchin and enjoy racing in a class that is fun to drive and fun to look at.
What does ROAR have to do with USGT????
Pretty sure Rob K and Kevin K ( The USVTA Guys) are the ones in charge...
I can pretty much guarantee that no matter what they do (if anything....) people will bitch.
It's kind of a unwritten rule to RC Racing....LOL

For the record I like USGT the way it is. Once the new ROAR exec get their Sh!t together and start enforcing motor regulation like they should have years ago all will be good again.
Kevin K likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What fantasy clubs do you all race in where you have so many people that splitting up classes is ever a good idea? We get 10-12 USGT folks every Sunday, and I seriously doubt that there are many tracks in the US that are regularly getting more than that.

There is a simple truth that people refuse to accept. That truth is that there are not all that many people racing rc cars. We don't have the luxury of having 27 different classes in every club to cater to the vastly different tastes and desires of all the different racers out there. If you really want RC car racing to thrive, pick the classes that are closest to what you enjoy, and then vigorously support those classes.

If a general consensus arises from time to time regarding individual improvements, then by all means, work to affect those changes. Current tires in GT would be a good example. I don't think most people like how short-lived they are, so this could be an area for improvement. But this scale body thing is a non-starter. Yes, it is important to some, but not all, and not most. Most people are racing, and as such place the priority on performance, and don't care so much that a P-Zero looks nothing like a real Pagani, or that a Pagani is a tiny-run super car, or whatever.

If your club has 40 USGT runners every week, and you think splitting up the class might work have at it. If not, do what makes you happy personally, and go race!

+1

Tired of seeing all these new classes pop up and diluting the competition some more. I remember as a kid, mains went all the way to the F-main or higher at a CLUB event.

Rick Vessell and godzukihop like this.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This post contains the most comprehensive list of bad ideas ever suggested.

Everyone...please quit it with the complaining about bodies already. It's racing. Most people will use the body (or whatever other part) that performs the best. There will always be one or two bodies that are the best bodies) or at least the easiest to set up for). You know what the single biggest problem with USGT is, and it's not even close?

Complaining.

On a side note, arguably the most successful USGT guy in the US runs a McAllister MX Stang body, so it's not like it's not possible to run a scale-looking car and be competitive.
You nailed it.
Rick Vessell and Leester like this.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The body thing will work itself out.. manufacturers will be forced to make more bodies to keep up. At my local track it’s mostly R-Tek Audi’s and a couple bitty venoms. I think I saw one p-zero in 14 or so cars the last time we were out.

I do really like that new bitty lambo, I’m hopeful it will work well..
Old 03-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by patorz31
What does ROAR have to do with USGT????
Pretty sure Rob K and Kevin K ( The USVTA Guys) are the ones in charge...
I can pretty much guarantee that no matter what they do (if anything....) people will bitch.
It's kind of a unwritten rule to RC Racing....LOL

For the record I like USGT the way it is. Once the new ROAR exec get their Sh!t together and start enforcing motor regulation like they should have years ago all will be good again.
FYI, Rob King is ROAR technical director. ROAR also recently declared a couple of mfg's motor's (17.5 T) to be illegal. I think they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. The ROAR staff volunteers to do the work that they do for the benefit of us all. I wish some of the whiners here would stand up and take a shot at doing their jobs to see how thankless the work they do is.
robk, RBLove, Rick Vessell and 1 others like this.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

ROAR is the reason I run strictly Club Events. I do however appreciate their efforts.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

...and I bet you club uses all ROAR rules...lol
Old 03-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Some...lol
Old 03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

As a noob to USGT and any touring car in general (I raced stadium trucks in the early 2000s and have been out of the loop since then) what are some important things I should know? I'm currently building a Sakura Xi Sport NU, I ordered a Protoform PFM10 body last night, and will be stopping at my local hobby shop/track to get all the electronics. I have a second hand Sanwa MX-V transmitter that should work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.