Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I for one run premounted tires in USGT. Running premounts prevents any questions of tires inserts. I've seen some run inserts from sweep or other makes which although may not be faster, raise a lot of issues of fairness. Coincidentally, those select few are also running full wing heights, charging to 8.7v too. lol
Old 03-27-2019, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Their hard to find because they dont last long and are in high demand. They show up in waves when you see them you buy them.
Well you can always treat them with 303 protectant 12 to 24 hours before use so they can last twice as long. I treated my tires three weeks before I raced, and it was hard to get the center rib off completely after treatment, even after sanding and one day's worth of racing: sand the center rib off first, then treat with 303 protectant...Traction is not affected at all: I was traction rolling everywhere eventhough I had no sauce on my front glued tires on crc carpet....Hopefully I won't crash at all and see how long the usgt tires will last on a single treatment...
Old 03-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Well you can always treat them with 303 protectant 12 to 24 hours before use so they can last twice as long. I treated my tires three weeks before I raced, and it was hard to get the center rib off completely after treatment, even after sanding and one day's worth of racing: sand the center rib off first, then treat with 303 protectant...Traction is not affected at all: I was traction rolling everywhere eventhough I had no sauce on my front glued tires on crc carpet....Hopefully I won't crash at all and see how long the usgt tires will last on a single treatment...
lol you dont need to treat the ryde tires with that , just clean them off sauce 5 minutes prior , i had minimum wear on mime after a long weekend of racing ,
, you were probably traction rolling from the tc4
Old 03-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trigger
I for one run premounted tires in USGT. Running premounts prevents any questions of tires inserts. I've seen some run inserts from sweep or other makes which although may not be faster, raise a lot of issues of fairness. Coincidentally, those select few are also running full wing heights, charging to 8.7v too. lol
In other words they are cheating, cheating everyone else in the class including themselves as they are not competing at a level playing field ... I have zero respect for cheaters and dont forget we are just a bunch of grown men playing with toys

And how exactly do pre-mounts prevent this ?? You can just buy the same wheels they use for pre-mounts and mount them with any insert you want.

The whole point of this class when it first started as RCGT was to introduce something different from the cookie cutter TC's ... cool bodies and wheels. After it was renamed to USGT is slowly became just another TC class no different from 21.5 tc with everyone using the same body wheels and tires ... might as well just run 21.5tc
Old 03-27-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by moparSRT
In other words they are cheating, cheating everyone else in the class including themselves as they are not competing at a level playing field ... I have zero respect for cheaters and dont forget we are just a bunch of grown men playing with toys

And how exactly do pre-mounts prevent this ?? You can just buy the same wheels they use for pre-mounts and mount them with any insert you want.

The whole point of this class when it first started as RCGT was to introduce something different from the cookie cutter TC's ... cool bodies and wheels. After it was renamed to USGT is slowly became just another TC class no different from 21.5 tc with everyone using the same body wheels and tires ... might as well just run 21.5tc
As basically an outsider who just built his first TC a week ago for USGT (haven't even hit an actual track yet), why not just run the same spec tire but allow the use of different inserts? That way you can run whatever wheels you want without people questioning you, as it is easy to just identify the actual tire itself.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Poppn9
As basically an outsider who just built his first TC a week ago for USGT (haven't even hit an actual track yet), why not just run the same spec tire but allow the use of different inserts? That way you can run whatever wheels you want without people questioning you, as it is easy to just identify the actual tire itself.
Why ??? just use the insert that came with the tire ... follow the rules.
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Per the USGT rules:

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
Tires​​-
Note: JANUARY 1 2014 The Ride spec tire will become the official spec tire for USGT RIE24025 - set of 4 available through Gravity RC to dealers and retail
Tires- RIE24025 - set of 4 available through Gravity RC to dealers and retail
Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed MUST USE INCLUDED INSERTS

But it will all come down to the race director at each club to what's allowed.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally I find the whole spec racing scene fundamentally broken. I only do it because I have no choice if I want to race anyone. I absolutely hate driving slower cars and then being forced to buy the latest spec motor to keep up with a driver that is equal to me in skill. Here, try on these $500 hand cuffs, it will make it more fun and more people show up. AMAZING.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Personally I find the whole spec racing scene fundamentally broken. I only do it because I have no choice if I want to race anyone. I absolutely hate driving slower cars and then being forced to buy the latest spec motor to keep up with a driver that is equal to me in skill. Here, try on these $500 hand cuffs, it will make it more fun and more people show up. AMAZING.
Why are you buying the latest spec motor? I’ve been using the same one for over a year. Maybe try some setup changes or a fresh pack. The spec racing can be frustrating if no tech is being done for sure. I’ve seen many people chasing tech instead of setup or driving style. Just my two cents.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Why ??? just use the insert that came with the tire ... follow the rules.
I'm just curious as to why the insert rule was implemented in the first place. It just seems slightly silly as there is no efficient way to check someone's insert unless you cut open a tire, right?

Which means everyone is forced to run this pre mounted wheel/tire combo. I thought the whole purpose of USGT was to be different bodies/wheels?

Again, I'm incredibly new to this, so please excuse any of the noob questions I'm asking.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm just curious as to why the insert rule was implemented in the first place. It just seems slightly silly as there is no efficient way to check someone's insert unless you cut open a tire, right?

Which means everyone is forced to run this pre mounted wheel/tire combo. I thought the whole purpose of USGT was to be different bodies/wheels?

Again, I'm incredibly new to this, so please excuse any of the noob questions I'm asking.
There’s always someone willing to cheat to win.

I’m still relatively new to the racing side. Our group has always just required the premounts.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

There’s always someone willing to cheat to win.

I’m still relatively new to the racing side. Our group has always just required the premounts.
I'm totally fine running the premount. It just found it odd that it was made a rule for everyone to use the same insert, since there is no easy way to check someone's insert.

On a completely different note, what the hell is tire sauce??? Another thing I find odd... that these weird chemicals are allowed on tires
Old 03-27-2019, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I love premounts I hate gluing tires
Old 03-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm totally fine running the premount. It just found it odd that it was made a rule for everyone to use the same insert, since there is no easy way to check someone's insert.

On a completely different note, what the hell is tire sauce??? Another thing I find odd... that these weird chemicals are allowed on tires
Tire traction compound. With the wide range of surfaces raced on, its a legal aid. On carpet it’s all but impossible to run without. I tried my first time on carpet. There’s some carpet, pavement, even clay for off road.

TRACTIONCOMPOUND.COM - SXT Got Grip?
Old 03-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Tire traction compound. With the wide range of surfaces raced on, its a legal aid. On carpet it’s all but impossible to run without. I tried my first time on carpet. There’s some carpet, pavement, even clay for off road.

TRACTIONCOMPOUND.COM - SXT Got Grip?
What happens if you don't use it?

I was going to head to my local hobby shop/track to turn some laps on their carpet track this Friday as practice. Their outdoor road course won't be set up until next month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.