Tech Apprentice

Anthony, check your email!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

K thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, im from Brazil and have 2 questions:
1) which springs do u recommend to buy to my xxx-s g+ ( i run with stock and mod on carpet and asphalt tracks)
2) somebody have a great initial setup for both tracks?
3) which hop ups do u recommend to buy?

tks.

marcelo
Old 11-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default HELP PLS.

Can anyone tell me if the internal drive ratio of the xxxs changes if you switch from the stock yellow belt to the xl black belt. If there are, what will be the internal drive ratio?

Is there a need to change stock 90t spurgear?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wind_split
Can anyone tell me if the internal drive ratio of the xxxs changes if you switch from the stock yellow belt to the xl black belt. If there are, what will be the internal drive ratio?

Is there a need to change stock 90t spurgear?
There is no change in ratio. The new idler pulley does not effect the ratio. The internal ratio is based on the number of "drive"teeth on the spur vs. the number of "drive" teeth on the pulleys. Hope this helps.

Brant
Old 11-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
There is no change in ratio. The new idler pulley does not effect the ratio. The internal ratio is based on the number of "drive"teeth on the spur vs. the number of "drive" teeth on the pulleys. Hope this helps.

Brant
Thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wind_split
Thanks!
Joo gottit boyeeee!

Brant
Old 11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Piorc- I recommend the BRP bumper, really saves the front end on those occasional crashes. I don't really have many hopups to make my car drive well, this car drives better day in and day out than any other car that I have owned( 2 Xrays, Pro4, Tamita trf415, tc3 etc...). I would recommend the black belt system to free up the car.

Some people were dremeling the chassis to make it lighter. Helpful for club races but big races usually weigh the cars. The smoother shock shafts are nice as the shocks are very important to a cars handling but not super necessary. The white ball cups are pretty good. I think that the G+ came with Ti turn buckles.

A good setup and the right body is all you need. Save you money for tires and brushes and practice.

You don't have to buy a BMI chassis and a lot of upgrades to make this car an Xray killer. I think that most people left the XXXS for another car just to try something else not because this car isn't fast.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Charles
Piorc- I recommend the BRP bumper, really saves the front end on those occasional crashes. I don't really have many hopups to make my car drive well, this car drives better day in and day out than any other car that I have owned( 2 Xrays, Pro4, Tamita trf415, tc3 etc...). I would recommend the black belt system to free up the car.

Some people were dremeling the chassis to make it lighter. Helpful for club races but big races usually weigh the cars. The smoother shock shafts are nice as the shocks are very important to a cars handling but not super necessary. The white ball cups are pretty good. I think that the G+ came with Ti turn buckles.

A good setup and the right body is all you need. Save you money for tires and brushes and practice.

You don't have to buy a BMI chassis and a lot of upgrades to make this car an Xray killer. I think that most people left the XXXS for another car just to try something else not because this car isn't fast.

Spot on as usual Charles!
Lately my XXX-S has been working well with the Protoform Stratus 3 All Purpose shell and LRP Vtec pre-glued tyres, (control tyre for my next big meeting so i have been testing them!) and they are super soft and sticky. The XXX-S G+ comes with titanium turnbuckles and the majority of the setup comes from tyre choice - if you choose the wrong tyre, your never gonna make the car work! This car is still quick, just to update you all, last weekend was my last run with the XXX-S for a while due to my purchasing a JRX-S. I qualified 2nd in A final after only 1 qualification run and finished 4th! I would have finished higher if it were not for un-sportsman like driving from the 3rd place guy who saw fit to anhialate the back of my stratus 3 shell coming into the 3rd corner, but thats racing!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks a lot guys.
and which springs do u recommendo to buy and test om my xxx-s?
i just have the originals, and i need some different sets i think.

tks.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by piorc
Thanks a lot guys.
and which springs do u recommendo to buy and test om my xxx-s?
i just have the originals, and i need some different sets i think.

tks.
You runnin foam or rubber?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hi...im running my car on asphalt and carpet track, in both with rubber tires!

tks
Old 12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok.
The five Spring rates that most of my setups were based around were:

A-5110 BLACK 25.0 RATE
A-5108 PURPLE 20.0 RATE
A-5126 GREEN 17.5 RATE
A-5125 BLUE 14.6 RATE
A-5123 SILVER 12.6 RATE

I do have all the other rates of springs available but these are what i usually use.

I have enclosed 2 setups that i think should work for you, 1 for capet rubber, the other for asphalt rubber.
Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

You guys are going to hate me for not going into the archives of this thread, but I bought my son a G-plus kitfor Christmas, and I want to trick it out.
What are the esentials?? We run on asphalt.. med grip. Thanks fellow racers. Happy Holidays
Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Here's a list of good hopups for the XXX-S.

-Losi black belt kit
-Lunsford Ti screws & hinge pins
-Lunsford quick tune ti shock mounts
-Speed tech aluminum steering and graphite shock towers
-AE wheel clamps
-Losi JRX-S shocks
-Boca ceramic bearings yellows and green seals for the wheel hubs
That should do it!

Last edited by RCknight; 12-13-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.