Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know where to find front blue springs (1")? I am looking to soften up my front a bit on my G+ and greens are the softest I can find.

I see a Losi part for blue springs, but those are for the rear (1.15").....

Are there other springs that will work on the front end that are 1" long that are true swap on and run?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
Does anyone know where to find front blue springs (1")? I am looking to soften up my front a bit on my G+ and greens are the softest I can find.

I see a Losi part for blue springs, but those are for the rear (1.15").....

Are there other springs that will work on the front end that are 1" long that are true swap on and run?

does it matter? on performance wise?
I know it is PITA to re-screw ride height but other than that should be same aint it?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

You are probably right... I should just put em on and re adjust the ride height. I thought there might be more to it, some subtle shock function thing, as the fronts are shorter than the rears and they are designed for the shorter springs.

But who knows, .15 of an inch may not be relevant..
Old 07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Micro-E
You are probably right... I should just put em on and re adjust the ride height. I thought there might be more to it, some subtle shock function thing, as the fronts are shorter than the rears and they are designed for the shorter springs.

But who knows, .15 of an inch may not be relevant..
I just remember My car car (XXX-S, not a G+) came with shorter shocks, I had to buy lon ger ones then threaded one

I guess those spring size diffrence is for short shocks version of XXX-S days.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Guys, what toi in in rear do you usually drive? And how much should be original? I checked that I have barely 2-2.5 degree... Shouldn't it be more?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

I run the 'box stock' rear blocks that came in the G+ kit. They measure out to ~2*.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Kajman
Guys, what toi in in rear do you usually drive? And how much should be original? I checked that I have barely 2-2.5 degree... Shouldn't it be more?
car comes with 0.5deg less toe-in on the right side, install 0.5hub on right and mine is perfect 2.5 measured on a hudy tool.

My Type R came with 3 deg and most other modern TC comes with 3 deg, I dont know if that is cause BL have more torque but when I ran my XXX-S with 10.5 on parking lot track 2weeks ago I had good rear geip thought.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, I'm going to resurrect one of my xxxs to make into a 'wet' race car. Looks like everything on the left hand side can be enclosed inc. the motor.

Does anyone have a decent setup maybe for wet weather or even very low grip conditions?

Cheers.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

First, you may buy Mtroniks waterproof ESC, then life is getting easier. Second, a raincover from Slipstream.co.uk.
Get Dunlop D20 tires or some foam rain tires.
Setup, caster to 1degree front and rear, toe out 0.5, roll center high, tie rods second hole from inside. Front kick-up 4 degrees. Rear anti dive 0.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
car comes with 0.5deg less toe-in on the right side, install 0.5hub on right and mine is perfect 2.5 measured on a hudy tool.

My Type R came with 3 deg and most other modern TC comes with 3 deg, I dont know if that is cause BL have more torque but when I ran my XXX-S with 10.5 on parking lot track 2weeks ago I had good rear geip thought.
Well, so maybe 3deg on mod motor may be ok?
Interesting, my left is 0.5 less
Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ahhh...the XXX-S lives on !!!
Need some help here folks. I've started running the xxx-s g+ for VTA and I'm loving it but having a hard time with a good starting point for setup.
Here's the particulars:
XXX-S G+
Concrete race surface. No traction compound allowed. Track not prepped other than blown off. Decent grip but normal outside dusty.
VTA approved D compound tires. Also run RCGT with D compound X pattern tires.
21.5 BL with 2S Lipo hardcase
Car has been fitted with Tamiya shocks all around.

Any of you XXX-S experts have a good starting setup. I know the shocks throw a wrench in the works but I can always find springs that are close to the Losi ones. And I might still start using the newer shocks off the JRXS.
I ran the car recently and the biggest problem is rear grip on power coming out of turns.
Current setup as follows:
Tamiya yellow springs all around.
One way diff.
30 wt oil in shocks.
No sway bars
A arms at middle setting.
0 degree rear hubs with normal graphite arms
high roll ctr blocks frt
low roll ctr blocks rear
rear camber rod at upper level 1 hole in from inner most hole.
1 degree camber

Thanks for the help all and keep those X cars running !!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.rc-setups.com/setups/

Take the first one, Modrak, Zawisza. Should be fine, only softer springs.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Ahhh...the XXX-S lives on !!!
Need some help here folks. I've started running the xxx-s g+ for VTA and I'm loving it but having a hard time with a good starting point for setup.
Here's the particulars:
XXX-S G+
Concrete race surface. No traction compound allowed. Track not prepped other than blown off. Decent grip but normal outside dusty.
VTA approved D compound tires. Also run RCGT with D compound X pattern tires.
21.5 BL with 2S Lipo hardcase
Car has been fitted with Tamiya shocks all around.

Any of you XXX-S experts have a good starting setup. I know the shocks throw a wrench in the works but I can always find springs that are close to the Losi ones. And I might still start using the newer shocks off the JRXS.
I ran the car recently and the biggest problem is rear grip on power coming out of turns.
Current setup as follows:
Tamiya yellow springs all around.
One way diff.
30 wt oil in shocks.
No sway bars
A arms at middle setting.
0 degree rear hubs with normal graphite arms
high roll ctr blocks frt
low roll ctr blocks rear
rear camber rod at upper level 1 hole in from inner most hole.
1 degree camber

Thanks for the help all and keep those X cars running !!!!

I think you should start with a Spool or tight diff on front,
Old 08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Keep em coming u guys !! I've set the car up according to the site that Kajman recommended. Aside from the high roll center in back this setup seems like a good one. Softened the springs a little but thats about it.
If any of you original XXX-S factory drivers are still out there, help us out. This car is still one of the best designs I've owned. Then again....I'm old too so maybe I'm sympathetic !
Old 08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Losi Shock Matching

Does anyone have any tips on matching the shocks on the xxx-s? I'm using the Losi shock matching tool, but I can't seem to get the pointer on the tool to stay in the middle when I'm checking my o-ring condition. I've tried new shock shafts and o-rings. It seems the o-rings are to snug on the shock shafts and after a few strokes they wipe the oil away and they begin to stick and the pointer on the shock matching tool goes all over the place. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate. I'm happy to see this thread being used again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.