Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default slow

One thing that I have had problems with is the radio/rec'v/esc? Don't know what's causing it but a few times I've turned on my radio, turned on the car, and the throttle runs in reverse... or runs on what seems half throttle??? Only solution is to turn the car off and on? Kind of weird... This only happends to me on occassion, but since I don't expect top of the line electronics, I just figure I can live with it.

ZoomZoom
Old 10-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
What you can do is then try droping the car mabye about knee height and see if the brush is free again.
or you could just pull back on the shunt and let the brush snap back.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

i've found an excellent solution to the gear cover screw stripping problem. using this method, you can remove the gear cover with the flick of a nut. it also holds the gear cover quite securely. you will need CA glue if the screw holes are stripped.
you will need- a drill, CA glue, proper size allen drivers,one 4-40x1/2" (front diffcase)screw, two 4-40x3/8"(front shocktower to chassis) screws, and a normal nut(i used one of the nuts that goes between the shocktower and the shock bushing). do not use locknuts.
remove the bottom cover and gear cover, along with any mounting screws. get your two 4-40x3/8" screws. if the gear cover screw holes are stripped, coat the screw with ca. thread it through from under the car into the rear gear cover holes. the screw heads should be right next to the belt. repeat for other 4-40x3/8" screw and other rear gear cover hole. this should give you two posts to mount the gear cover on.
next, get out your drill and drill out the front gear cover screw hole. if you look at it, you'll see the stock screw hole only goes halfway through the chassis. drill it out so the hole goes all the way through. repeat the above steps with a 4-40x1/2" screw and the front gear cover screw hole.
mount the gear cover on the three posts you have made. you may have to enlarge the gear cover holes with an xacto.
thread the nut onto the front gear cover screw "post". do not use a driver, only use your finger or you may crack the gear cover.
there you have it. you can remove your gearcover with a flick of the nut!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
hung brush is when the brush on the motor is hung up. It doesnt get the full contact to the comm. It sometimes touches it for a few seconds then it doesnt have contact. What you can do is then try droping the car mabye about knee height and see if the brush is free again. We do this at my local track so its ok to do it. This usually frees the brush up. Then if that doesnt work try to get someont to cut the comm for you and put some new brushes in it.

If you have any more questions PM me and ill answere them
Hope this helps you understand more.
Just a bit of dirt in the brush hoods can hang a brush. Don't know about dropping the car to cure a hung brush. Usually just need to pull on the brush's shunt wire a tad and let the spring snap it back into position. Also want to make sure that the shunt wire allows the brush to move inward as the brush wears.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bout to give up...

Checked for a hung brush - there fine... Basically im thinking that this setup is just slow so you pros please tell me. What do i have to do to this thing to make it go 35 - 40 ? Like what motor should i get ? My Esc can go down to 15 turn safely. Thanks in advance...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink Losi xxx sg +

Losi xxxsg with chase by R Schure
Novak GT 7
Airtronics M8
Losi Alfa
Old 10-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Yo Rod. Post that in the buy/sell forum.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone ever tried Bobby Flack setup from Losi's website on Ozite carpet yet, If so what where your thoughts on how it handled? TX
Old 10-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have run bobbys setup....it is great i am currently using it with some minor tweeks....i very good setup for a high traction track....
Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you run the magentas in stock or in mod/19t or if you run stock are you using purple and plaids for stock?
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

From what I can tell Plad fronts seem to be the rule. For the rears, it's usually between Magenta or Tan.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 429racer
Anyone ever tried Bobby Flack setup from Losi's website on Ozite carpet yet, If so what where your thoughts on how it handled? TX
For some reason I like to run that guy Bobby Flack's set-up. We use JACO double pink/orange fronts and double pink rears most of the time in stock, 19t and mod.

Ted
Old 10-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I figured running magentas and cyans in stock, the car would be too stuck for carrying corner speed. I ordered magentas with cyans and purple with plaid tires just in case to try them both out. I have never tried double pink/orange and double pink tires. Some of the local guys just said that it wasnt as planted ("like sliding around more") as the magentas with cyans and it just had a better feel and do not wear as much. I am guessing it is probably due to their setup, but still question their judgement.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by 429racer
I figured running magentas and cyans in stock, the car would be too stuck for carrying corner speed. I ordered magentas with cyans and purple with plaid tires just in case to try them both out.
429- I have never had too much luck getting the cyan/magenta combo to work with stock and/or 19T; I always go back to purple/plaids...and I don't have much experience with JACO's, so I can't comment on those.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Steering Slop?

I have a bunch of slop in the front wheels , how can i fix it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.