Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by mwcet8k
You tore apart the drag link?!!! Impressive!!
Yea I have no clue how ..I don't "remember" hitting anything, just all of a sudden I had no steering.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by STLNLST
Rookie...
I know, imagine how I felt right there in front of all those people at a nats, and I break out becuase of a screw ...wasn't even a takeout or anything manly like that!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default xxx-s g+ diff slipping

After having problems with my other car I rebuilt my Losi to give that a whirl at tonights meeting. I have rebuilt the diffs as per the instructions and even when virtually locked they are both slipping like crazy.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Only thing I have done different is to use black grease (which I use on my HPI with no probs) on the thrust race rather than the red grease that comes with the kit.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: xxx-s g+ diff slipping

Originally posted by Rich_p
After having problems with my other car I rebuilt my Losi to give that a whirl at tonights meeting. I have rebuilt the diffs as per the instructions and even when virtually locked they are both slipping like crazy.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Only thing I have done different is to use black grease (which I use on my HPI with no probs) on the thrust race rather than the red grease that comes with the kit.
Do you have those wierd little beveled washers in the correct side?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Its all as per the instructions, weird eh! Guess I'll have to strip them both down and build them again.
Should be fun I only have 30mins between getting in from work and leaving for racing!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This may sound kinda harsh but something has to be wrong. If there built per instructions there gonig to work. Just rebuild them and make sure EVERY part is the same.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by pballkid21587
This may sound kinda harsh but something has to be wrong. If there built per instructions there gonig to work. Just rebuild them and make sure EVERY part is the same.
Not really harsh but normally when someone says something is not working right they are not put together correctly. It might be better to have another person go over it with you because alot of times you look at something so much that you miss something. I have done it many times that the more I look the more I miss the simple problem.

I had a perosn just last week that had a problem with his diff and he rebuilt it twice right in front of me. It was not working still. I looked at it closely to find out he had 7 thrust balls instead of the 6 that Associated wanted for the GT. With 7 balls the thrust bearings couldn't move properly and would loosen up. Once we changed it the diff was smooth and worked perfectly.

It is very easy to overlook stuff as I think it is safe to say we all have when building or re building our cars.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Have any of you guys tried the Low roll center blocks on the front of the car when running foams on asphalt? Wonder how much more steering it might give me vs. the stock G+ high roll center blocks. I was thinking of trying this sometime just to see what happens. Might give me the tad extra steering I want without being too aggressive.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If anyone wants a new XXXS G+ I have one up for sale in the for sale forum, I'll build it however you want it built.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Steering problem

Last night my XXX-S was un-drivable. On carpet even at relatively slow speed any attempt to turn caused the car to spin around 180 degrees. It happened at such a low speed that I doubt it was caused by poor chassis setup.
I have recently switched from an older AM Transmitter to a Airtronics MX-3. I checked all the settings on the MX-3 and they all seem to be the default except for servo which I had to set in REV mode.

It seems like when I turn the wheel to make a turn; it either is turning to much or it doesn't stop turning soon enough so , so sharp is the turning that the tail end breaks loose and the car spins 180 degrees. With the car up on a stand the steering servo seems to be ok and seems to be re-centering it self.
I have a servo that is supposed to be faster than stock like .15 stock being .19.

I do not know if it is relevant but I have a bad habit of giving the wheel a bit of a turn and then releasing it (taking my fingers off the wheel for a second) and allowing the spring in the wheel to take it back to the center. Is it possible that the computer radio does not return to zero as fast as say an analog controller with maybe a stronger spring setting.

Other thought that maybe this is analogous to pulling the safety brake on in a real moving car in order to purposefully turn 180 and go the other direction. For some reason the rear wheels are locking up when I try to turn and reduce throttle going around a corner. Any ideas?
If something jumps out at you, it would help otherwise I think I am going to have to swap out the receiver and transmitter and maybe the servo to eliminate them as culprits.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Check for any bind in the car at all, and possibly go to softer rear springs.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

How much drag brake do you have? When you let off the gas the motor come to an abrupt halt or does it slow to a stop?

Last edited by EricF; 07-22-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I also have a losi g+ for sale with lots of spares, a reedy mvp, trinity binary stock, novak cyclone (almost brand new), and a good smc battery pack (1.175v) It;s posted in the for sale forum...

-Korey
Old 07-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
I also have a losi g+ for sale with lots of spares, a reedy mvp, trinity binary stock, novak cyclone (almost brand new), and a good smc battery pack (1.175v) It;s posted in the for sale forum...

-Korey
looking to get some more 'stuff ' Korey

-JayBee
Old 07-22-2004, 07:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Randy I have a question for you. Did you ever have your car bind some when you put on the front diff cover. If I tighten the top 2 screws just snug the car binds up. When I spin the tires it kinda binds and as soon as I loosen them up so they almost touch the case it is fine. Is their a trick or something I'm missing? Never had it happen on my other Losi G+ I had last year. I do have an IRS spool in but it will do it if I put the diff in to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.